Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2016 Topps Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures Widevision
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2016 Topps Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures Widevision
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted

2016 Topps Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures Widevision Boxes are here!

88 base cards tell the story of The Tenth Doctor, covering episodes from Doctor Who Series 2-4 including the specials on beautiful Widevision cards.

Each set contains 2 autographs from the cast in Blue # to 50, Bronze # to 25, Silver # to 10 or Gold 1/1! All autograph cards are sequentially numbered!

Signers include David Tennant, Billie Piper, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman, Noel Clarke, John Barrowman and many more with 38 signers total!

Limited to 1,500 print-run in a collectible box designed to look like the TARDIS, this makes the perfect holiday gift!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I asked the Darth when we might get to see the Designs for the Base & the Autos..... here's his response.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Pretty tempted to tell my wife this is what I want for Xmas. I'm sure the traditional box buyers will reject this like they reject anything that isn't packs in a box, but I like the idea. I would love the idea if this was about $40 cheaper, though Razz

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Dread to this of the cost of postage to UK. I like the set though

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Pretty tempted to tell my wife this is what I want for Xmas. I'm sure the traditional box buyers will reject this like they reject anything that isn't packs in a box, but I like the idea. I would love the idea if this was about $40 cheaper, though Razz

As a traditional box buyer it might surprise you to know that, far from rejecting it, I love this type of box construction. While terminology seems to shift, this used to be referred to as a premium box set. It contains the full base set and the assigned number of hits and inserts, in this case 2 autograph cards and no insert cards. It has no duplicate cards and no individual packs, but the packs don't matter because it is sold as one unit.

I agree that $100 is a higher price for a product that should be cheaper based upon the lack of additional packaging and extra cards. However these are more limited premium cards in a better box, so its really not that bad.

If you want to know what traditional box buyers object to, try boxes that contain 7 packs and have 1 card in each pack and are over $100. Or try boxes that need 3 boxes to complete the base set and maybe pull the type of hit that you wanted rather than some manufactured medallion. Those are boxes/products worthy of rejection. Big Grin

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Dread to this of the cost of postage to UK. I like the set though
$45 standard shipping to UK, plus VAT and Royal Mail charge. I had to look. Twak

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I'm in Favor of this set.

you would need to buy 4 Boxes of the other Doctor Who Sets to have the Odds of getting 2 Autographs.

add to that, The David Tennant years are a fan Favorite. There are No Medallions or Patches...
Just the Good Stuff. There are 38 Autographs... a lot less than the other releases, so the odds of getting someone you want is better...Let's Face it the Only $$$ Name not here Is Jenna-Louise Coleman that people are After.....

I'm not counting Previous Doctors, but I would have liked Peter Davidson as he was in Time Crash........

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

As a traditional box buyer it might surprise you to know that, far from rejecting it, I love this type of box construction. While terminology seems to shift, this used to be referred to as a premium box set. It contains the full base set and the assigned number of hits and inserts, in this case 2 autograph cards and no insert cards. It has no duplicate cards and no individual packs, but the packs don't matter because it is sold as one unit.

I agree that $100 is a higher price for a product that should be cheaper based upon the lack of additional packaging and extra cards. However these are more limited premium cards in a better box, so its really not that bad.

If you want to know what traditional box buyers object to, try boxes that contain 7 packs and have 1 card in each pack and are over $100. Or try boxes that need 3 boxes to complete the base set and maybe pull the type of hit that you wanted rather than some manufactured medallion. Those are boxes/products worthy of rejection. Big Grin

Lol, I didn't buy any of that Doctor Strange set you are referring to, either. I think you and I are pretty simpatico on this - I was thinking more of the people who rejected premium packs/premium boxes and quit collecting because of it. But, they are long gone from Card Talk so my insult won't matter to anyone it would apply to Big Grin

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Roughly $170 to buy a box and have it posted to the UK taking into account all the charges.

Match Attax are looking better every day. Shake Head

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like the cards but I am not fussed about the Tardis box as I already have one and that came with cards too.

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Roughly $170 to buy a box and have it posted to the UK taking into account all the charges.

I'm sure someone here wouldn't mind buying one and posting it to you. Shipping to the UK is really expensive now though, so it would probably still be $20+.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I'm sure someone here wouldn't mind buying one and posting it to you. Shipping to the UK is really expensive now though, so it would probably still be $20+.

Trouble is £ is so weak at moment - in May $130 was about £90, now it's £108 plus the likelihood of a £30 custom charge. Cards are becoming too expensive as companies have also raised box prices. Lucky we have had some trading cards printed in UK so we are having to get our fix that way.

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Mine turned up today. I ordered 2 boxes, a pretty uninspired box really. No 3D; I did pull a Derek Jacobi auto limited to 25, which was nice. Cant see them selling 1500 though.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
nice pull on Jacobi! One of the Nicer Hits in my Book. He sells fairly Consistently at a good price.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I rather enjoyed the base set. Nice to see the widevision format pop up every now and then. I got a Barrowman auto 5/10, so of course I was pretty happy about that.

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to pick this up but after seeing images of the cards I decided to check out Topps website anyway. Glad I did as today (December 10th) they are having 40% off all entertainment cards. I picked up a set/box for $59.99 + shipping. Hoping I get a good auto as I haven't had much luck with Topps other Who releases so far.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I wasn't going to pick this up but after seeing images of the cards I decided to check out Topps website anyway. Glad I did as today (December 10th) they are having 40% off all entertainment cards. I picked up a set/box for $59.99 + shipping. Hoping I get a good auto as I haven't had much luck with Topps other Who releases so far.

Thanks for the heads-up, Laura!

Even though the David Tennant years were my favorite, I was going to pass on this (because, you know - the sound of money whooshing out of my wallet at Christmas time... Eek ). But after seeing your post I thought "what the heck, Merry Christmas to me!" Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Now it's 50% off. I feel like a dope for not waiting, especially since it's an Xmas gift and I won't be opening it until 12/24. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

Thanks for the heads-up, Laura!

Even though the David Tennant years were my favorite, I was going to pass on this (because, you know - the sound of money whooshing out of my wallet at Christmas time... Eek ). But after seeing your post I thought "what the heck, Merry Christmas to me!" Big Grin

Same here. My wallet is wishing that I didn't go to the site but the rest of me is happy. My box was delivered today, but I'm going to be good and wait until Christmas to open it. Seems more like a present that way, less financial guilt involved. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post