Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Masterwork - Dec. 2014
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Masterwork - Dec. 2014
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And just looking around, I see cases of 8 boxes going for $ 2200-2300 !

So what are we talking about for a set of 75, thousands of dollars ???

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do see a set of 75 for $ 500, no chase included

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not thousands, those 8 cards won't sell for the price of the case by themselves, but if a 1 - 50 base card is selling for $3 each, that part of the set would be $150. A short print might be $20 to keep it even, so that's another $500 right there, for a total of $650. I guess that could be on the high side for a dealer that might have gotten other good cards in multiple case busts.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
One of the posters said elsewhere that they have seen base sets and the easy chase levels selling for a mere $ 200 total. Did I misread this ? Is this true ? I thought they'd be much harder to assemble

If it was what I said you are referring to, it was the 50 regular cards and the 3 chase sets that sold for $190 a day or two ago. That didn't include the SPs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I do see a set of 75 for $ 500, no chase included

The SP singles seem to be about $12 each, but that's piecemeal purchasing, so add another $2 for shipping on each, meaning $14 times 25 cards for $350. The 50 card set cheapest price seems to be about $70 with shipping, so $420 would be a literally reasonable price. If they are selling for $500, the seller would net about $430 after ebay/paypal fees, so $500 seems fair that way, as well.

Barring having the ability to get it all, it just depends which way you want to go. Even if you could get two sealed boxes for $500 (difficult that, but $550, maybe), you'd only have 2 of the 25 SP cards. Of course, you'd also have 8 sketches, a couple of autographs, plus some other chase and parallels cards and a shot at some pretty rare stuff...)

I'm likely going to go for the 75 card set, the 3 insert sets, and a couple of autograph cards, no parallels, relics, or sketches (unless I see one I really like for a good price). I came THIS close to pre-ordering a case of this. I was actually glad I didn't once it was delayed, because I had great use for that money during that span.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two of my Artist Proofs one is a WIP.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two More WIP. I'm doing 2 each for the three original flicks.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Justice those are spectacular!! I would be over the moon to own one of those sweet sketches.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Justice those are spectacular!! I would be over the moon to own one of those sweet sketches.

Thanks, First One(colors) is already sold.

posted Hide Post
My latest WIP 2-card AP.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
My latest WIP 2-card AP.

Great looking Sketches...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Each 2-card puzzle depicts half of the movies. First 2, Star Wars, Second, Empire, This new one Jedi. I have to figure out the last Jedi Puzzle. I wanted the bad guys front and center for most of them

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

have some Great APs right now.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
BEFORE

FINISHED

STAR WARS MASTERWORK Artist Proofs

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool stuff

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
BEFORE

FINISHED

STAR WARS MASTERWORK Artist Proofs

Nice Sketches... Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

I WON'T MIND GETTING STUCK WITH THIS ONE....... Should go to whoever pulled the Ralph McQuarrie Cut AUTO!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

I WON'T MIND GETTING STUCK WITH THIS ONE....... Should go to whoever pulled the Ralph McQuarrie Cut AUTO!

My Favorite one...

posted Hide Post
Almost finished with this.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Well, That Didn't last Long........