Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond 50th Anniversary Series 1
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond 50th Anniversary Series 1
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
Why do we need another Full Bleed Albert Moses and John Moreno these were in Mission Logs last year

For the same reason Trek needs another Shatner, Nimoy ect. ect. If they will sign why not get them to sign again, again and again.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Patrick Bauchau as Scarpine in A View To A Kill - Full Bleed

HOOOORAY,AT LAST Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Excited about the Krabbe and the Stephens autos in 40th Anniversary style to continue my Villains of James Bond display that I have going Smile :thumb up:

I really want that Pierce Brosnan one too!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Why do we need another Full Bleed Albert Moses and John Moreno these were in Mission Logs last year

For the same reason Trek needs another Shatner, Nimoy ect. ect. If they will sign why not get them to sign again, again and again.

Shatner and Nimoy have appeared in many episodes and films from the StarTrek univerce to provide many versions of their autograph.
But to give Moses and Moreno full bleed autographs again from the same character and film will look strange when putting them with last years cards.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:

also earl cameron as well 2nd full bleed

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

Shatner and Nimoy have appeared in many episodes and films from the StarTrek univerce to provide many versions of their autograph.
But to give Moses and Moreno full bleed autographs again from the same character and film will look strange when putting them with last years cards.

Shatner, Nimoy just examples, there have been many "third actor from the left" that have signed several times.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, the checklist is out and honestly, I'm a little underwhelmed. Essentially we're being offered two base sets (just one in another colour and 10 times rarer), another Bond girls chase set, and an autograph list which was largely predictable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy, because as a 40th Ann autograph collector, I'll have the opportunity to obtain autographs signed by Pierce Brosnan, Jill St John, Toby Stephens, Sonny Caldinez, Jeroen Krabbe...and the nice surprise of autographs from Nadja Regin and Gotz Otto. Still, it just all feels a bit lack-lustre. Perhaps as a customers and collector of Bond cards I've been spoiled too much by years of good products and am now just too demanding. But I've not felt this underwhelmed since the James Bond Archives collection which I basically skipped altogether!

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i m slightly disappointed Jeroen Krabbe isn t a full bleed as well,but there's the next set this year for that,i like the idea of 3 different sets to collect,it makes a case worth getter,and aside from that,the female gold gallery chase cards are looking really nice Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they will ever get Rosamund Pike to sign again. I have her Die Another Day auto but would love a new full bleed one. She's one of my favorite actresses. Luv You

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
While I was hoping for a blockbuster name or 2 overall its not horrible. Lets hope series 2 will be as much better then series 1 as star trek complete was.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
i m slightly disappointed Jeroen Krabbe isn t a full bleed as well,but there's the next set this year for that,i like the idea of 3 different sets to collect,it makes a case worth getter,and aside from that,the female gold gallery chase cards are looking really nice Smile

There is now an extra gold gallery rewards card #19.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm just looking at the autos for this set that have been listed on you know where, and sorry if this has already been answered, is there a reason the Nancy Sinatra auto doesn't have a picture of her but of an umbrella?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I'm just looking at the autos for this set that have been listed on you know where, and sorry if this has already been answered, is there a reason the Nancy Sinatra auto doesn't have a picture of her but of an umbrella?

she was never shown on screen in the movie its kinda like when they had the 2 producers of lost sign who also where never on screen thay had them sign cards with the lost logo or in this case the you only live twice logo

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I had assumed there was a photo of her on the back but maybe not.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I had thought about getting a binder for this set, but it's a bit of a puzzle. The binder says 'series 1' so obviously they are doing a 'series 2' binder, but I cannot see people just putting all the 'odd' cards in one binder and all the next series 'even' cards in the other. Big Grin

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not an autograph or James Bond collector but I'm intrigued to know why Martine Beswicke is an Extremely Limited autograph on this set. She was a prolific signer for the Strictly Ink Hammer Horror sets (I still have a bunch) and only too happy to sign when I met her at Ray Harryhausen's 90th birthday celebration a couple of years ago. So why so few for James Bond ? Just curious.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I had thought about getting a binder for this set, but it's a bit of a puzzle. The binder says 'series 1' so obviously they are doing a 'series 2' binder, but I cannot see people just putting all the 'odd' cards in one binder and all the next series 'even' cards in the other. Big Grin

I thought they should have made a generic binder large enough to house both series for the reasons you stated.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
I'm not an autograph or James Bond collector but I'm intrigued to know why Martine Beswicke is an Extremely Limited autograph on this set. She was a prolific signer for the Strictly Ink Hammer Horror sets (I still have a bunch) and only too happy to sign when I met her at Ray Harryhausen's 90th birthday celebration a couple of years ago. So why so few for James Bond ? Just curious.

I agree with you. Martine Beswicke is always attending conventions and seems quite a willing signer. All I can think to explain the rarity of her autograph is that she was perhaps approached by Rittenhouse to sign all three varieties of autograph card together, and although she might have signed an "extremely limited" quantity of each, say 200, in total this would make 600, i.e. a "normal" number of autographs. When Strictly Ink approached her to sign for the Hammer Collection (for both sets in fact), she may have signed just as many cards but as she was only signing one autograph format, the card is naturally less rare than the individual Bond cards...

...that's my theory at least. It's in fact the reason why a lot of the cards for actresses you could consider "Bond girls" are Very Limited or Extremely Limited e.g. Eunice Gayson, Nadja Regin, Fiona Fullerton, Catherine von Schell, etc. Whereas for the male actors who even had lead roles, e.g. Toby Stephens, Jeroen Krabbe, etc., their cards are really easy to obtain.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

I thought they should have made a generic binder large enough to house both series for the reasons you stated.

Why sell one when you can sell two?

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Can I get some info/feedback on the base set? I've seen some images in auctions, but nothing definitive.

Can you tell us what kinds of images are on the base set? I saw some cards that were mostly gold with a single image inside a circle. Is that the base set?

Any info would be appreciated - I'd love to get this, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed. Frown

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post