Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
New Lost Set Info

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/1207063995

February 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
cardinalfan13
New Lost Set Info
Release Date: May 11th, 2011

Configuration: 15 packs per box, 4 cards per pack.

Per Pack Hghlights: 3 Relic Cards and 1 Autograph Card

Print Run: A limited edition of only 250 Boxes

Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to announce LOST Relics Trading Cards! This Premium Pack Series will feature 3 Relic cards and 1 Autograph card per pack!

Checklist includes:

- 30+ Relic cards, each sequentially numbered to 350, with materials worn by at least 30 different characters including Matthew Fox (Jack), Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Maggie Grace (Shannon), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Sonya Walger (Penny), John Terry (Christian), Ken Leung (Miles), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Cynthia Watros (Libby), Terry O'Quinn (Locke), Michael Emerson (Ben), and many others!

- 8 Autograph Cards, signed by Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Bai Ling (Achara), John Hawkes (Lennon), Kimberly Joseph (Cindy), Ade McCormack (Yemi), Kenton Duty (young Jacob) and Creators/Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof!

BONUS: Box Topper Relic Card features an authentic piece of the Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 airplane fuselage wreckage, sequentially numbered to 300!

February 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
Yellow601
So exciting. Can't wait. May seems a long way away though. About 10 weeks.
February 26, 2011, 12:51 AM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:

Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to announce LOST Relics Trading Cards! This Premium Pack Series will feature 3 Relic cards and 1 Autograph card per pack!

Checklist includes:

- 30+ Relic cards, each sequentially numbered to 350, with materials worn by at least 30 different characters including Matthew Fox (Jack), Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Maggie Grace (Shannon), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Sonya Walger (Penny), John Terry (Christian), Ken Leung (Miles), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Cynthia Watros (Libby), Terry O'Quinn (Locke), Michael Emerson (Ben), and many others!

- 8 Autograph Cards, signed by Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Bai Ling (Achara), John Hawkes (Lennon), Kimberly Joseph (Cindy), Ade McCormack (Yemi), Kenton Duty (young Jacob) and Creators/Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof!

BONUS: Box Topper Relic Card features an authentic piece of the Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 airplane fuselage wreckage, sequentially numbered to 300!

Pretty funny that there are 250 boxes, and 300 box toppers
February 26, 2011, 02:00 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:

Checklist includes:

Pretty funny that there are 250 boxes, and 300 box toppers

Not much of a mystery really...

You have some for damage replacement (and those that claim not to have gotten one).

You have some for sets given to the actors and the studio.

You'd be crazy to print just what you need. Although, 275 or something might have seemed more appropriate. Jeff Allender did some figuring with the Harry Potter numbers and it came up that approximatly 25% of each production run is held back by Artbox. So this isn't so bad.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 27, 2011, 10:40 PM
Jaguar69
Not so clued up on the Premium box releases. Any idea on how much these boxes would be going for?
Trying to get an idea on how much to save!!

(A lot!! I can hear you all shouting!!) Smile

Got a feeling this will pass me by as i won't be able to get hold of a box!!
February 27, 2011, 10:48 PM
clearblue
Spartacus looks to be the same release format. A box of that product is $750 from Rittenhouse.
February 27, 2011, 11:05 PM
Jaguar69
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
Spartacus looks to be the same release format. A box of that product is $750 from Rittenhouse.

OMG!! Eek Well, do the majority of the non-dealers here pick up boxes, or packs? Looks like I may have to give this a miss as that is a steep price per box!! Being in the UK, that will undoubtedly be more over here!

The Naveen Andrews auto is a must though!! What to do?!!? Shake Head
February 27, 2011, 11:29 PM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
quote:

OMG!! Eek Well, do the majority of the non-dealers here pick up boxes, or packs? Looks like I may have to give this a miss as that is a steep price per box!! Being in the UK, that will undoubtedly be more over here!

Keep in mind that a box of this product holds the 'hits' that a case of a normal product would hold, so if you normally order boxes you may want to order packs of RA premium pack stuff!

Jon
February 28, 2011, 02:31 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar69:
quote:

Jag...

As Jon pointed out the pack is the equivalent of a box and a box is a rough equivalent of a case.

So, you figure a normal RA Box runs ~ $64 and a pack of this will be ~ $42. So this is cheaper.

A box is the same. A case of RA product runs somewhere around $700 and you'd get 48 hits at 4 per box. A box of this will probably set you back about $600ish and you'll have 60 hits out of it. Again, this is a better value if you just go by the 'hits.'

Remember a Friendly Dealerâ„¢ can almost ALWAYS give you a better deal than what Rittenhouse asks for on their website. They list at full Suggested Retail.

And to answer the dealer question. I'll stock at least one sealed box and one to sell as packs, beyond what is pre-ordered.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 28, 2011, 06:12 AM
william291077
Howdy,

I have Spartacus on preorder from a UK dealer.

He emailed me offering me the new Lost set but I am not a fan of the show.

Jaguar69, I have emailed him this morning after reading this thread, hopfully he can get in touch and sort something for you.

TTFN

February 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
william291077
Jaguar69,

I have sent you an email regarding the Lost set and details of the chap in the UK I am dealing with.

Hope this helps you out.

TTFN

February 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
Jaguar69
Thanks for the info william, i will check it out now. Thumb Up
February 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
AWR
Don't think I am a big fan of the premium packs.

You can calculate that a pack is like a box in that you get around the same hits (1 Auto, 3 Relics). But you only get to open one pack and it lasts around 15 seconds. Compared to opening 24 packs from a box in the standard style.

Why even do the premium packs? Just sell the cards indiviually so that big time collectors get exactly what they want. They are happy with no fun, thought, (or dissapointment) invoved.

The rest of us small time collectors who ollect for fun and who will probably not be willing to shell out ~40 for 4 cards will stay away.

Can't be good for the long term of the hobby.
March 01, 2011, 03:01 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Can't be good for the long term of the hobby.

You're absolutely right for the long term, but you have to bear in mind the cost of producing some of these sets. If this had been a factory set for, say, $400, there would have been fire and brimstone all over the place. I'd rather see something than nothing.
Just my opinion.
March 04, 2011, 02:12 PM
Lovemesomecards
I skipped out on the Lost Archive set, but I may just have to try this one out. Naveen Andrews auto - oh yeah baby!

March 08, 2011, 09:09 AM
cardinalfan13
The rittenhouse site has been updated with the info for the set including pictures of some of the relics and the naveen andrews auto

March 09, 2011, 11:59 PM
Rabbit
This is a must get for me. I'm pumped that Naveen Andrews and Team Darlton signed.
March 28, 2011, 11:35 AM
SciFiMom
Want? Yes! Dance Afford? Not so much. Shake Head

March 29, 2011, 04:39 AM
batmancity
I was very reluctant at first with the premium packs format but decided to give it a try with Lost Relics as it is my favorite collection. I've just pre-ordered my box yesterday. I'll probably send a detailed review of my box breakdown this May.
April 04, 2011, 02:17 PM
cardinalfan13
i love the new format cost is alot less then a case that i normally get