Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 7 (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Really pleased to see cards from Jim Broadbent, Paul Kaye, Richard Dormer, Mark Gatiss and Joseph Mawle. To be honest, I'm really pleased with all the new signers. A Valyrian Steel style Rory McCann auto is also welcome. Thumb Up

Agreed - good to see

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Still no Liam Cunningham...ugh.

We must assume that he won't sign!!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I don't know may of the new actors by name besides Broadbent and McInnerny. Joe Dempsie as Gendry was overdo.

You must know Paul Kaye, Joseph Mawle, and Mark Gatiss? I'd expect people to recognise Ian Gelder and Richard Dormer when they see their faces too (had to look those two up myself to put a face to the name).

quote:
What is a Nell Tiger Free, Staz Nair, Pilou Asbaek, Wilf Scolding or a Aisling Franciosi? Big Grin

Wilf (short for Wilfred) and Aisling (very common Irish girls name) are totally normal names. Don't forget 95% of Game of Thrones is filmed in Ireland, so loads of the cast are Irish or English. Pilou Asbaek is Danish. All of those other four are English or Irish (as noted above, Aisling Franciosi was born in Italy, but is obviously Irish). When in doubt, guess Ireland or England. You'll be right more often than you're wrong Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of the rest are getting too close to spear chuckers to me

"Spear chuckers"????

I think you mean "spear carriers". "Spear chuckers" is a slur term for black people. "Spear carriers" is a slang term for extras in a movie or play, who have no substantial role.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
At least GoT hasn't (yet) hit the depths like the Bond and other sets with "Girl at bar", all cards have been of named characters that have all spoken and had some input into a scene, however small or subtle.

No doubt after the final season when we're into RA really milking the dregs, we might get "wildling zombie holding sword", but for now, I'm happy with them all.

As far as not knowing actors goes, that's what the imdb website is for. Wink The internet makes ignorance of not knowing something lazy to admit to. Big Grin All well known actors start off as a nobody somewhere....Amy Adams on Buffy, Russell Crowe on Neighbours....
Before S1 of GoT no one really knew Emilia Clarke or Kit Harington.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
Most of the rest are getting too close to spear chuckers to me

"Spear chuckers"????

I think you mean "spear carriers". "Spear chuckers" is a slur term for black people. "Spear carriers" is a slang term for extras in a movie or play, who have no substantial role.

Not sure if I should laugh or be offended. Big Grin

Obviously I was not using a racial slur on Card Talk. I didn't even know anyone would take it up that way. A spear carrier carries a spear, a spear chucker throws one. On Game of Thrones there is a lot of both spear carrying and spear throwing. Yes, I was speaking of actors with less than substantial roles, which usually fall into the category of common signers. I will only do spear carriers in the future.

As to the actors I don't know, I assure you I don't know their names. I may know their faces. I may know the GoT characters, but when I say I don't know them, it's the truth. I live in the US. GoT has an international cast with strange names. I'm sure these people are known in other countries and are good actors in many things, I just don't know them by name.

I was just posting some pretty light hearted comments about having trouble spelling the GoT names on a spreadsheet. I didn't know I would need to explain myself, but there it is anyway.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obviously I was not using a racial slur on Card Talk. I didn't even know anyone would take it up that way.

It's quite a common slur actually, at least in the area I grew up. Do a quick google search.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Obviously I was not using a racial slur on Card Talk. I didn't even know anyone would take it up that way.

It's quite a common slur actually, at least in the area I grew up. Do a quick google search.

I live in NY. People say a lot of things on the streets here. I have not heard that one tossed about, but I also don't hang out with anyone who would use racial slurs. My original post makes it very clear from the context that I was speaking of minor characters. If I used the wrong word I accept that, my mistake. My intent was clear.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I live in NY. People say a lot of things on the streets here. I have not heard that one tossed about, but I also don't hang out with anyone who would use racial slurs. My original post makes it very clear from the context that I was speaking of minor characters. If I used the wrong word I accept that, my mistake. My intent was clear.

I wasn't questioning your intent at all.

That said I'm sure others will also recognize that term as offensive, you may want to edit your post -- for confirmation do a quick google search.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understood what you meant and the other is not a term I have ever heard of.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

I know...just the last main character they haven't gotten. Frown

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

I know...just the last main character they haven't gotten. Frown

I agree - very frustrating

posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever had any luck with through-the-mail autographs from Liam Cunningham?

I ask as it might be he's fine with autographs but isn't into the idea of being paid for them and having people possibly paying much more than he earned just to have his signature.
I know Alan Rickman was the same with Harry Potter. People would get personalized autographs ttm from Alan, but he never believed people should pay for his autograph.

Of course, it might be that Liam doesn't know much about it and his agent is blocking even an approach. That would be odd, as nearly everyone else from the cast has signed cards, so I'm sure he must have heard about it, so it's probably personal choice. He seems like a chilled kind of guy that loves to act but doesn't seek fame.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Has anyone ever had any luck with through-the-mail autographs from Liam Cunningham?

I ask as it might be he's fine with autographs but isn't into the idea of being paid for them and having people possibly paying much more than he earned just to have his signature.
I know Alan Rickman was the same with Harry Potter. People would get personalized autographs ttm from Alan, but he never believed people should pay for his autograph.

Of course, it might be that Liam doesn't know much about it and his agent is blocking even an approach. That would be odd, as nearly everyone else from the cast has signed cards, so I'm sure he must have heard about it, so it's probably personal choice. He seems like a chilled kind of guy that loves to act but doesn't seek fame.

I have tried him through the mail a few times via his agent and other productions with no luck. I have seen some autograph dealers that have gotten him in person...so he does sign.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

I have tried him through the mail a few times via his agent and other productions with no luck. I have seen some autograph dealers that have gotten him in person...so he does sign.

I suspect the dealers got him at the usual places, then: airports, premiere events etc.

From what you said, he doesn't seem like a signer. A shame.

The small hope is that RA have sometimes got people that we never thought they would, but it might be a set well after the show.
They certainly seem to try and track people down...going by the new signers for this set that didn't sign before. Let's hope we get pleasantly surprised one of these days.
Of course, I'd equally love a Diana Rigg. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
At least GoT hasn't (yet) hit the depths like the Bond and other sets with "Girl at bar", all cards have been of named characters that have all spoken and had some input into a scene, however small or subtle
However, Henk & Koner are Stark guards who appear in one scene telling Arya where to as she approaches Winterfell. Might as well be "girl at bar".

Posts: 13 | Location: uk | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Agent of Baking
posted Hide Post
Please see autograph list on Rittenhouse site has been updated with Extremely limited, Very Limited and Limited signers. There is one noteable change with Richard Dormer being removed - disappointing! He was one of major autographs I was looking forward to adding to my collection. However, that said the list of autographs is very impressive with a good mixture of designs with exception of blue bordered cards (only 2).A great series complimented by brilliant trading card sets. I hope the licence for Westworld has been added to Rittenhouse's releases in future!!

Posts: 4 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A few changes to the autograph line up noted.

Gwendoline Christie is not there again. Like Emilia Clarke, she has only a FB and Bordered so far and does not seem to be signing.

Harry Lloyd is back from the dead, which is good. He has only two autos in Season 1.

This is the very first GoT release that does not have at least one Lena Headey signed card. Yes, her prices have dropped due to the increased supply, but it is still an important omission because this is one of the most popular, most hated characters

Similarly, Peter Dinklage is only represented by the very rare 9 case incentive, which takes that popular character more or less out of it.

Kit Harrington, Carice van Houten and Ian Glen all missing among some other good names.

There are many common signers and new signers, but they don't make up for a lack of star power and higher priced signatures. Some of these star autographs were obviously used up in Valerian Steel, so this is what happens when an annual product becomes semi-annual.

posted Hide Post
There's a bit of 'padding' out in this set. Still not enough to put me off too much, though...but should mean seeking lower end autos easier and maybe cheaper.

But I'm in utter shock and disappointment that there's no Eugene Simon in this set!?! Eek Wink Big Grin I expect his pens ran out of ink from all the hundreds of cards he's signed already. Big Grin

I think this points to Emilia Clarke and Gwendoline Christie not signing any more. The latter hasn't signed any Star Wars cards afaik...so I doubt Emilia will for Star Wars either. A shame...although it makes the ones I have of both actresses look that little bit more gold-plated. Wink
Dreaming wistfully, wouldn't it have been nice to have a dual of Emilia & Kit. Emilia & Peter Dinklage. Gwendoline & Nikolaj...

A shame there's no Richard Dormer after all. I suppose he might have been late sending his cards back and will appear in another set sometime...hopefully.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Gwendoline Christie has more than a half dozen autograph cards as Captain Phasma in Star Wars products. Most are stickers and so could continue to show up anywhere, but the Stellar must be on-card.