Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I had to pass on this because there is so much coming out at once that I'm spread too thin, but I think I may regret it. There is the Garfield auto and 7 costume cards, so you could say its $20 a costume and $60 for the signature. Not bad at all.

Of course, without an Emma Stone autograph, the success of the set all rests on the success of the movie. And collectors are going to have to order before that's known. That in a nutshell is the risk you take. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Should be a cool set.

Hope they will get Emma Stone to sign.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
archifou..havn't seen you around in a while welcome back! Have you been working on any more custom cards recently? Several of us have taken up your mantle and started trying our hand. Not as good as you but then again no one is!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
rchifou..havn't seen you around in a while welcome back! Have you been working on any more custom cards recently? Several of us have taken up your mantle and started trying our hand. Not as good as you but then again no one is!!

Hi Chris,

I am still here lol but didn't get a chance to work on mock-up recently since I prefer now working on real cards when the opportunity is present to me and I am quit busy with other projects related to the hobby Wink

I see some progress in your style lately regarding your mock-up. Keep up Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not the biggest fan of the auto design, but still excited for the two sets I ordered!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I had planned on getting a set of these. But now that I've seen the design, I'm going to pass.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
When Green Hornet came out, the 1st and 2nd "Series" came out almost simultaneously. I wonder if that will be the case this time as well. Especially since Series 1 is already coming out right on the film's release date.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
When Green Hornet came out, the 1st and 2nd "Series" came out almost simultaneously. I wonder if that will be the case this time as well. Especially since Series 1 is already coming out right on the film's release date.

I think that was because the sales and interest for the first series of Green Hornet was low enough that RA realized that there was no advantage to delaying the release, as the movie would be the main draw for the series. I'm hoping that sales for this series are good enough to show that there is interest for a full Spiderman release, or at least another limited auto series like the new Eureka set.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im in on this big time!!preordered 1 of each card including the multi incentive for £300!!!cant wait to get these!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Looks like Series 1 has sold out! That looks good for future sets getting made! Hopefully the film is good enough to make the cards hold or increase their value.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just got these in today! Very happy with the red variant costumes =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice looking cards! I'm still waiting for my two sets!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
NICE!

Need to get me someSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
But no card for May Parker!

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw the movie yesterday and loved it! The only problem is now I wish I had bought four sets and gotten the incentive for a master set Wink

posted Hide Post
Man my fingers are crossed that we get another Spiderman set with an Emma Stone autograph. Their chemistry was spectacular on screen. Loved the movie!

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I only want the basic cards. I don't have any interest in autographs or costume cards.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
The base sets are going pretty cheap on Ebay. I picked up a couple yesterday for around $6-$7 each.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw the movie and loved it! I had low expectations coming in & just prayed it'd be better than SM3, which it sure was. IMO, it would only rank behind SM2 as the greatest Spidey film ever. The cards seem to be doing well on the bay (especially the red costume variants). However, I'm surprised there are so few listings though. Maybe people are keeping it for their collections?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post