Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
I'm surprised there are so few listings though. Maybe people are keeping it for their collections?

same here, the costume is limited 444 and only seen a handful sold on ebay as of now.
loved the movie too! Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Rittenhouse pictured Andrew Garfield himself on both the Spider-Man and Peter Parker autograph card.

With the 2nd Robert Downey Iron Man autograph, the picture was of the Iron Man armor, and as a result it couldn't really be considered a picture of Robert Downey Jr., and that could well be why the 1st autograph (showing Downey) is much more popular with collectores than the second.

Had the Spidey autograph shown Spidey with his mask on, there's no way to know that was really Andrew under the mask in the photo on the card, so kudoes to RA for leaving the mask off.

Great looking cards with tremendous upsides, congrats to those who got them!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that there's not an Aunt May card in the base set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

I agree- it is the one glaring error in this set. I would have had Aunt May rather than Young Peter Parker if I had my druthers. Maybe they couldn't get the image rights for Sally Field though?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
With the 2nd Robert Downey Iron Man autograph, the picture was of the Iron Man armor, and as a result it couldn't really be considered a picture of Robert Downey Jr., and that could well be why the 1st autograph (showing Downey) is much more popular with collectores than the second.

Actually I think the price difference on these two cards is due to the distribution method -- nearly all of the Iron Man version of Downey Jr cards went into dealers hands as an incentive, so most of them were put directly for sale on the market. Additionally I recall reading there are around 150 Iron Man cards vs 50 of the pack inserted version.

The photo likely has some impact, but I think the other factors have more impact -- and the price on the Iron Man card has risen a lot recently.

All that said, I agree with you on the Garfield cards. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
After seeing the movie I'm really hoping Rittenhouse follows up with a series 2, preferably a full box release, but I'd be happy with a premium pack release if they had a good selection of signers.
Heck, I'd be more than happy if they did the same format as series one if Stone was the signer. Luv You

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pictures posted on ebay and in Bookers scans in this thread it looks like the normal autograph cards are inside plastic sleeves in the toploaders but the incentive auto/costume card isn't.It is a bit difficult to tell from some of the pictures. Could anybody who has one please confirm/deny this?

Many thanks

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Wain:
Looking at the pictures posted on ebay and in Bookers scans in this thread it looks like the normal autograph cards are inside plastic sleeves in the toploaders but the incentive auto/costume card isn't.It is a bit difficult to tell from some of the pictures. Could anybody who has one please confirm/deny this?

Many thanks

Wow, you're right. The regular autos have penny sleeves but the incentive auto/costume doesn't. Wonder why RA did this? Hmmmm...

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Booker.

It's a shame, I have one on order and really wanted to leave it in the sealed sleeve, I guess I have to open it now to make it archival safe..

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:

I agree- it is the one glaring error in this set. I would have had Aunt May rather than Young Peter Parker if I had my druthers. Maybe they couldn't get the image rights for Sally Field though?

Yeah. And there's one guy I have no idea right now to who he is in the film.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:

Yeah. And there's one guy I have no idea right now to who he is in the film.

Have you seen the movie yet? If it's the guy in card #6 he is a character that you should know that is pretty prominent in the movie.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't seen the movie yet. Just read a little about the character. Guess he's sort of in the comics too. But IMO, Aunt May should be in the card set. Must have been a licensing issue as said earlier.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I finally saw the movie today so I could read this thread. I was afraid of spoilers. Now I'm really glad I ordered the Rittenhouse sets because I loved the movie. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, for now.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Actually I think the price difference on these two cards is due to the distribution method -- nearly all of the Iron Man version of Downey Jr cards went into dealers hands as an incentive, so most of them were put directly for sale on the market. Additionally I recall reading there are around 150 Iron Man cards vs 50 of the pack inserted version.

The photo likely has some impact, but I think the other factors have more impact -- and the price on the Iron Man card has risen a lot recently.

Another one is the Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and Edward Norton as Hulk autos. The Hulk autos always sell much higher. So the celebrity appearing on the card does not always indicate higher value.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Another one is the Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and Edward Norton as Hulk autos. The Hulk autos always sell much higher. So the celebrity appearing on the card does not always indicate higher value.

The problem with that comparison is that the autos of Ferringo and Norton as the Hulk were incentives and the ones of them as Bruce Banner and the Security Guard could be found 1/set. Being an incentive, they were extremely limited and, therefore, sell for more. It's also why the Spiderman auto costume (limited to 111) sells for more than either of the Garfield autos (limited to 222 each).

That being said, I personally like the pictures vein of the actor and picked up a Norton Banner auto and have yet to put out for the hulk version.