Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man reboot, has anyone picked up the license?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted
Just curious since the cast is very impressive. I don't find myself getting jazzed up for possible sets these days but the potential for this is impressive, just an awesome looking cast.

Andrew Garfield- Spider-Man
Emma Stone- Gwen Stacey (she's #1 on my want list for actresses who haven't yet signed for a set)
Rhys Ifans- The Lizard
Martin Sheen- Ben Parker
Sally Field- May Parker
Denis Leary- George Stacey

I so want an Emma and Denis auto, maybe a dual Stacey family auto. Big Grin

Ah well, here's hoping somebody has the license, or gets one soon since it starts shooting in under 2 weeks.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Being as it is a Marvel title more then likely Disney will give this one to UD as well. Sadly.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How about a set for the new musical? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
How about a set for the new musical? Big Grin

A subset of actors stuck in the air?

http://blastr.com/2010/11/1st-...ions-to-last-nig.php

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I don't think it has anything to do with Disney giving anything to UD.

As far as I know Upper Deck holds the license for Marvel movies. Something I'm sure they paid dearly for.

What's the release date on the reboot? You usually don't find out about cards until 4-6 months prior to release (if you're lucky). They just announced Thor, and that's coming much sooner than Spider-Man.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I don't think it has anything to do with Disney giving anything to UD.

As far as I know Upper Deck holds the license for Marvel movies. Something I'm sure they paid dearly for.

What's the release date on the reboot? You usually don't find out about cards until 4-6 months prior to release (if you're lucky). They just announced Thor, and that's coming much sooner than Spider-Man.

Ed

It's a ways off. They are just about to start shooting but it's not set for release until summer 2012.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I thought Rittenhouse picked this up. Guess not.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

Rittenhouse has it listed with a 6/27 release date. Rittenhouse Release Schedule. Haven't seen any other info on it though.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this release will be by set only like The Green Hornet set

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW PRODUCT SOLICITATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE T/C – SERIES 1

Category: Entertainment Trading Card

Vendor: Rittenhouse Archives

Configuration: 17 cards per set (see contents below)

RELEASE: 06/20/12

Product Description & Content:

This limited edition set of Amazing Spider-Man Movie Trading Cards (Series 1) includes one of two different Andrew Garfield autograph cards (one as Spider-Man and the other as Peter Parker); 7 costume relic cards, including 1 Spider-man costume relic, 3 Peter Parker costume relics, 2 Gwen Stacy costume relics and 1 Dr. Connors costume relic; and 9 character cards (Spider-Man, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, Dr. Connors, George Stacy, Dr. Ratha, Flash Thompson, Ben Parker and Young Peter Parker). For every 2 sets purchased, you will be guaranteed to receive one of each of the Andrew Garfield autograph cards.

As an added bonus, for every 4 sets purchased, you will receive FREE an extremely limited edition autograph/relic card featuring Spider-Man costume material, signed by Andrew Garfield.

Only 444 total sets available

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow I was really hoping for a full release for this with an Emma Stone autograph. Shake Head It's interesting though how they say "Series 1". Maybe if there's a Series 2 it could have an Emma auto?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Wow I was really hoping for a full release for this with an Emma Stone autograph. Shake Head It's interesting though how they say "Series 1". Maybe if there's a Series 2 it could have an Emma auto?

That's what I was thinking (and hoping). Still, nice to see a guaranteed Garfield auto. Hopefully it won't break the bank like the Spiderman 3 expansion sets!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Great priced out of another set...Frown

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:

Hopefully it won't break the bank like the Spiderman 3 expansion sets!

$150-$200 would be a fair price to me but because of the amount of costume cards and the "star" autograph we'll probably be looking at a similar price to the Spider-Man 3 A Expansion set (which I believe was $329.99). I don't like buying these type of sets (at least not the moment they're released) because they rarely hold that value and can usually be found a few months later for MUCH less.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Yep.....this hobby has definitely been put on hold since the stuff I want is waaaaaaaay out of my price range. Good luck to those who can still maintain their collections and keep the card companies in business.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
The Spidey 3 Expansion Set A only had 225 sets produced. This new one has a whopping 444. So I would think the price point would be significantly cheaper. Now with there being 7 costume cards, compared with 2 before, with one of which being part of the actual Spider-Man costume, I would think these sets should cost $175-$225. Much more than that and you're really pushing it. If it's fairly priced, I'll go all in for 4 sets!

EDIT: I just remembered that a bit back it was announced on Facebook that Rhys Ifans would be signing for the new Spider-Man set. So this makes me think there will be another set as well. If they do get Emma Stone to sign, perhaps she will be the milti-set incentive for Series 2.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: robomole,

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is going to be $179.99

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
SRP is $199.00 which is what you'll pay on Rittenhouse's website.

Friendly Dealers will have them for less.

The one troubling thing is they are already talking allocations, so being able to get any kind of quantity for a dealer might be interesting...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScoobyDew79:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

Rittenhouse has it listed with a 6/27 release date. Rittenhouse Release Schedule. Haven't seen any other info on it though.

That's where I saw it. Wasn't it also on NSU page for upcoming releases? Thought it was, so figured it was cancelled.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Sounds like this release will be by set only like The Green Hornet set

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW PRODUCT SOLICITATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE T/C – SERIES 1

Category: Entertainment Trading Card

Vendor: Rittenhouse Archives

Configuration: 17 cards per set (see contents below)

RELEASE: 06/20/12

Product Description & Content:

This limited edition set of Amazing Spider-Man Movie Trading Cards (Series 1) includes one of two different Andrew Garfield autograph cards (one as Spider-Man and the other as Peter Parker); 7 costume relic cards, including 1 Spider-man costume relic, 3 Peter Parker costume relics, 2 Gwen Stacy costume relics and 1 Dr. Connors costume relic; and 9 character cards (Spider-Man, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, Dr. Connors, George Stacy, Dr. Ratha, Flash Thompson, Ben Parker and Young Peter Parker). For every 2 sets purchased, you will be guaranteed to receive one of each of the Andrew Garfield autograph cards.

As an added bonus, for every 4 sets purchased, you will receive FREE an extremely limited edition autograph/relic card featuring Spider-Man costume material, signed by Andrew Garfield.

Only 444 total sets available

I wouldn't pay more than $120 for this.

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I do hope there is a second set with more signers. It's good that they were able to get Garfield to sign, a Spider-Man set without Spider-Man signing would have been weak, but in this case he wasn't my primary interest, or even my 2nd choice.
Maybe it's as simple as RA not being given enough images from the movie before its release to make a full set feasible and the follow up release after the movie is out will be more fleshed out. A Stone auto is my primary hope, or a Stone/Garfield dual, which should be relatively simple to get done as RA could send the cards to 1 apartment to have both sign if the rumors of the living together are true. Wink

-Goethe