Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Chrome Perspectives
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Chrome Perspectives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Coming in May. Highlights:

- 100 card base set
- Refractor in every pack. Multiple parallel versions.
- One Medallion Helmet card per hobby box.
- Hobby boxes also have either a sketch card (Chrome frame), autograph (no stickers) or Printing Plate
- Scheduled for May release

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I wonder what kind of price tag this one will have? Sounds kinda high end.

Blog Card Crazy!
Google+ Everything Non-Sports

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
SRP works out to around $90 - in line with other recent sets.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SRP is $4.99 a pack and 24 packs per box.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Here's the ordering info I received today:

quote:
2014 Topps Star Wars Chrome: Perspectives
(SRP $4.99) 12 boxes per case/24 packs per box/6 cards per pack,
Release Date 05-09-2014

Product Manager's Notes: This hobby exclusive product is sure to be a fan favorite. Being hobby exclusive, no Retail versions will be produced. Chrome: Perspectives takes a unique approach by focusing on the viewpoints from both the Rebel Alliance as well as the Empire. "Perspectives" delivers value with 2 hits per box and features fun-to-collect and compelling sub-sets such as The "Rebel Wanted Poster" cards, Propaganda cards, Chrome Helmet Medallion cards, sketch cards, on-card autos, signed printing plates, a variety of Refractor inserts and more.

Hobby Exclusive Launch!

Star Wars Chrome: Perspectives explores the viewpoints of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire as they battle one another for control of the Galaxy

2 HITS per box!

Star Wars Chrome: Perspectives details (150 total cards)
- (100) Base Cards profiling characters from the Rebel Alliance and the Empire
- 50 Rebel Alliance and 50 Empire cards
- (10) Rebel Wanted Posters Insert
- (10) Empire Priority Targets Insert
- (10) Rebel Training Cards Insert
- (10) Rebel Alliance Propaganda Insert
- (10) Empire Propaganda

Insert 5 levels of chase add depth to the base set
- Standard Refractor (1 per pack)
- Prism Refractor (numbered to 199)
- X-Fractor (numbered to 99)
- Gold Refractor (numbered to 50)
- Superfractor (numbered to 1)

Chrome hits add value for collectors
- Chrome Helmet Medallions (1 per box!)
- Silver and Gold
- Chrome Sketch Cards
- Chrome On-Card Autographs
- Gold Refractor and Superfractor Parallels
- Printing Plates
- Autographed Printing Plates

Base cards show the perspectives of two opposing sides in an epic battle for the galaxy:

Rebel Alliance Base Cards: Cards profiling Star Wars characters from the perspective of the Rebellion

Empire Base Cards: Cards profiling Star Wars Characters from the perspective of the Empire

Insert cards explore the key characters and strategies in the conflict between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire:

Rebel Wanted Posters (1:2): Top 10 most wanted Rebel scum sought after by the Empire Empire

Priority Targets (1:4): Top ranking individuals of the Empire targeted by the Rebel Alliance

Insert cards explore the key characters and strategies in the conflict between the Rebels and the Empire:

Rebel Training Cards (1:8): Cards preparing recruits for guerilla warfare against the Empire

Rebel Propaganda (1:12): Cards soliciting support for the Rebel Alliance's cause

Empire Propaganda (1:24): Cards illustrating the strength and overwhelming power of the Empire

New Chrome Sketch Cards and Helmet Medallions add value for Star Wars collectors:

Chrome Sketch Cards: Sketch cards by Topps artists trapped within a Chrome border (NEW!) (10,000 total)

Chrome Helmet Medallions: Cards featuring metal helmets worn by the Rebel Alliance and the Empire (NEW!) (1 Silver Helmet Medallion per box [includes gold]), Gold Helmet Medallions (100 per subject)

New parallels increase rarity and chase of autographs:

Chrome On-Card Autographs: On-card autographs from Star Wars saga actors (5,000 total)

Refractor Autograph Parallels: Gold Refractor (NEW!) and Superfractor (NEW!) on-card autographs (1 per subject)

Printing plates offer a unique piece of the manufacturing process to collectors:

Printing Plates: Printing Plates used in the production of Star Wars Chrome: Perspectives (600 total)

Autographed Printing Plates: Autographed plates from the production of the autograph cards (NEW!) (4 per subject)

This is the same SRP as Star Wars Illustrated, so it should be about the same pre-order price (not current price).

Sounds like they are going all-out on this one, although it does look very much like a sports release.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chrome Sketch Cards: Sketch cards by Topps artists trapped within a Chrome border (NEW!) (10,000 total)

Chrome On-Card Autographs: On-card autographs from Star Wars saga actors (5,000 total)

That is a TON of sketches and autographs. . . wonder how many boxes of this they are making. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My concern is that you can pick up the last three releases now substantially lower than the original rrp or pre-order prices. Therefore I would need a compelling reason to pre-order around rrp. Any views?

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

That is a TON of sketches and autographs. . . wonder how many boxes of this they are making. . .

15,000 if I am reading this right.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally don't see the demand for 1,250 cases. I have only seen a handful of Illustrated breaks. There must be a stack of that product in warehouses still?

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well breaking this down, I personally have no interest in printing plates, refractors, super refractors or made up helmet medallions. So its the 10,000 sketches and 5,000 autographs that will mean something to me.

Unfortunately sketch quality can be all over the place and most of those autographs are not going to be from any actor you know when spread over the whole saga. The main cast is always very limited, but given the numerous releases on Star Wars even those signers are starting to accumulate as a whole.

Collectors who are locked into Star Wars and bought all the others will probably buy this one too. I don't see these cards as attracting anybody who did not like the various SW sets of the past two years.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here we go again with a card set impossible to do without spending a mortgage.

Why creating gigantic card set that collectors cannot collect master set Frown

Missed the old days. At least not far away.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Here we go again with a card set impossible to do without spending a mortgage.

Why creating gigantic card set that collectors cannot collect master set Frown

Missed the old days. At least not far away.

Totally agree with you. Not what I started collecting for and not what I want to collect now either. I passed on all 3 Star Wars sets this year.

A nice quality base set and few small insert sets would make be buy this product. But with all that trash included I am out of the set altogether. I can live without it.

Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS).

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Wain
posted Hide Post
Like many of you, I am a collector that has faithfully purchased every Star wars release for many years but now it seems like too many one after another, I enjoyed the Jedi Legacy release with the relics and great auto list but was disappointed enough with the Illustrated set to consider a break from Star Wars.

Posts: 48 | Location: London | Registered: January 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually really, really excited for this set. Value aside, it looks like it could be a really fun break.

Posts: 40 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: August 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've passed on many of the Star Wars sets recently, but I remember way back with the Star Wars Finest set building the Gold refractor parallel set and that was a task and fun.

Kind of interested in doing another set with a refractor parallel versus just a parallel that was stamped with a blue or red border.

Posts: 29 | Location: Bonaire, GA | Registered: November 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking for superfractors in this set. Anyone have more info on the signers?

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps has posted a checklist at their SW Facebook site (including an autograph list):
www.facebook.com/OfficialToppsStarWars

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
So, it looks like an on-card Harrison Ford auto for the first time. Should be a hot ticket. I wonder if the triple autograph will also be on-card? It would be the Holy Grail of Star Wars autographs cards, if so, and still pretty nice even if it's stickers.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
It looks like the Ford auto is a redemption.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
There are 5 triple autos, they're stickers and they're by redemption because the stickers didn't all come back in time.

Posted on Topps Facebook page.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post