Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    NEW Optispex Collectible
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Optispex Collectible
 Login/Join

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Breygent will be releasing 2 new Optispex at the show
these are numbered to 100
I will also have what is left from our first ones done in our ongoing series of Optispex

American Horror Story

OK, so where do I get these? Seriously, these and the Grimm would be great in my collection.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ummm, yeah - I also need to know where I can pick up these two newest AHS collectibles (besides Ebay at a 33% markup from retail.)

These would look perfect alongside the ones purchased at Comic Con. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here is the new large American Horror Story Optispex
Numbered to 100

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

only 100 of each made

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Update on small sizes

sold out of

Dexter
Grimm
American Horror Story 1
Dawn

very little left of

Vampirella
Red Sonja
Witchblade
American Horror Story Asylum

Tom

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really like the Grimm, AHS and Dexter Optispex cards I got at SDCC. Would love to have all three of the AHS Asylum cards but just can't get past the inflated asking prices on the 'Bay. Roll Eyes

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Aahz
posted Hide Post
I just can't get past posts like dcole's.

Breygent sells Optispex for $20. eBay prices run from $25 to $35 shipped. eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping add up to roughly 15% to 20%. So the sellers at $25 are getting less then Breygent is and delivering it straight to your door.

Posts: 5 | Location: ...Behind The Curtain | Registered: April 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aahz:

Breygent sells Optispex for $20. eBay prices run from $25 to $35 shipped. eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping add up to roughly 15% to 20%. So the sellers at $25 are getting less then Breygent is and delivering it straight to your door.

Hey Aahz,
I paid $20 apiece - no tax, no shipping - at Con for the Optispex cards. I consider this price "retail". I'm pretty sure that dealers get these for a lot less. In fact, I came across a booth selling them for $15 apiece later that evening. The last time I looked on Ebay, folks were still trying to get $40 a card for these. If you know of anyone selling Optispexs for $25 shipped, please point me in their direction. I might just want to take a few off their hands. Thumb Up

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Aahz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

Hey Aahz,
I paid $20 apiece - no tax, no shipping - at Con for the Optispex cards. I consider this price "retail". I'm pretty sure that dealers get these for a lot less. In fact, I came across a booth selling them for $15 apiece later that evening. The last time I looked on Ebay, folks were still trying to get $40 a card for these. If you know of anyone selling Optispexs for $25 shipped, please point me in their direction. I might just want to take a few off their hands. Thumb Up

Wow, that's a tough challenge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Americ...&hash=item233061ae15

$94 (or best offer) for four AHS shipped.

And I paid $20 a piece at a con as well. No tax, no shipping, but $600+ to travel to and attend the con. Would have saved a fortune on eBay.

Would have gladly purchased volume at a dealer discount, but was informed that option was not available. Of course, I was also told a complete AHS set on the table was not available for purchase and watched it be sold to someone behind me in line as well, so I guess it's all about who you know.

Posts: 5 | Location: ...Behind The Curtain | Registered: April 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

Hey Aahz,

Wow, that's a tough challenge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Americ...&hash=item233061ae15

$94 (or best offer) for four AHS shipped.

And I paid $20 a piece at a con as well. No tax, no shipping, but $600+ to travel to and attend the con. Would have saved a fortune on eBay.

Would have gladly purchased volume at a dealer discount, but was informed that option was not available. Of course, I was also told a complete AHS set on the table was not available for purchase and watched it be sold to someone behind me in line as well, so I guess it's all about who you know.

If you looked at her earlier post, you would have seen that Debi (dcole) has all ready bought some optispex for her collection, so getting a discount for buying multiples/bulk doesn't really help her because she is a collector and not a dealer like yourself. The item that you highlighted was for a lot of four, of which I know dcole has two. If you look at prices for individual optispex (i.e. not in lots/set/bulk), you will see that dcole is correct- sellers are placing a premium on the collectables for situations when the buyer wants to break a set and buy individual optispex cards/product.

What I don't get about your response is this- Debi basically said that she has a bottom line price that she doesn't want to go over and that is based on her own personal circumstances. If she doesn't want to pay significantly more for something that she paid a certain price for at con, then that is her choice. It doesn't matter who spent more at con- if you have $600 to burn to travel to cons, then by all means go for it. However, that doesn't mean that Debi or others, including myself, should have to pay an extreme premium to buy a collectable to cover the cost of the seller's financial decisions to travel to a con and their expenses that is covered through extreme markup. eBay fees are 10-15% percent of final item cost, Debi was talking about 175-200% markup- there is an extreme difference between the two. If she doesn't want to pay a particular price for an item, then she has a right to vote with her wallet and not buy something, and shouldn't be sarcastically mocked or talked down to for that.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Aahz
posted Hide Post
My problem with Debi's post (and others like hers) is in the line
quote:
inflated asking prices on the 'Bay

Individual optispex cards are available on eBay for $25. That's a 25% mark up from original retail. Less than 10% additional after eBay/Paypal fees. Not to mention any overhead the dealer has in running their business (taxes, electricity costs, travel and/or shipping expenses to acquire items, office/shipping supplies, employees, etc).

Do you believe dealers should not be compensated for their time and efforts? Should they all work for free? If people (including Breygent) couldn't make money off these products they wouldn't even be available for fans to buy.

And there aren't any Optispex cards on eBay for a 175% to 200% markup. The highest price for a single is $39.95 - a 100% markup (which is fairly standard in the collectibles world). Do you think Breygent pays more than $10/unit? And the most one has ever sold for is $45 which is still only a 125% markup. The only retail categories with less than a standard 100% markup are electronics and grocery. Some categories (clothing and furniture come to mind) can be as high as 500%.

These are not inflated prices. They're market prices on limited collectibles. They aren't extreme markups as you claim, in fact they're far less than most dealers have on boxes of cards, not to mention individual packs, inserts, autos, swatches or sketches.

Of course collector's should vote with their wallets. Many have and those purchases have set the prices where they are.

I'm sorry you feel I'm mocking or talking down to anyone on this board. That's not my intent. But it's frustrating seeing the sense of entitlement to other people's labor time and again. If she wanted to buy them at $20 she should have gone to where they were available for $20. If that wasn't convenient, then her complaint is with Breygent, not with the people putting effort into making these items widely available in exchange for a small compensation for their efforts.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Aahz (Oz?)

David (riddler) was 100% correct when he posted that the lot you linked to doesn't fit my needs. It contains two AHS cards which were available at Con and two new ones which were not. It's the two new ones that I'm interested in so yeah, the "discounted" lot does me no good.

To speak to your statement in your last post that I should have bought what I wanted for $20 at Con, well, I most certainly did! I bought the AHS, a Grimm and a Dexter. Most of the $25 single Optispex cards listed on Ebay right now are for titles that I'm not interested in - Witchblade, Dawn and Vampy. These were also available at Con and if I'd wanted them, I would have picked them up at that time. To be fair, I didn't do a search right before I posted yesterday, and I do see a set of two of the new AHS cards for ~$60 shipped. That's too not bad. And no, I certainly don't feel "entitled" (whatever that's supposed to mean) or want to rip off dealers in any way for their time or efforts. But I did see at least one other person selling Optispex for under $20 that day. If you are a dealer but had to pay what I'm still calling "full retail", then you have to take that up with Tom, not me or any other collector.

Last, but certainly not least, we're a pretty laid-back bunch on this board. If my post the other day offended you in some way and made you feel like you had to defend yourself - for that I'm truly sorry. It wasn't my intent. I was just stating my opinion, based on my experience. Your experience was/is apparently different and I'm sorry that what I wrote got under your skin. Peace. Cool

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Here is the new large American Horror Story Optispex
Numbered to 100

Tom

Still haven't seen that large AHS Optispex card for sale anywhere. Is it available? Or do I need a bit more patience for its release?

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
My problem with Debi's post (and others like hers) is in the line
quote:
inflated asking prices on the 'Bay

And there aren't any Optispex cards on eBay for a 175% to 200% markup. The highest price for a single is $39.95 - a 100% markup (which is fairly standard in the collectibles world). Do you think Breygent pays more than $10/unit? And the most one has ever sold for is $45 which is still only a 125% markup. The only retail categories with less than a standard 100% markup are electronics and grocery. Some categories (clothing and furniture come to mind) can be as high as 500%.

Not arguing any of your points which are all well made, but one of the Dexter Optispex with the serial number #1, technically the first one made, sold for close to $100 not too long after they were released. That was on bids, not a "buy-it-now" price.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
New Limited Edition Optispex for the Philly show (sorry for the poor picture)

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
New Limited Edition Optispex for the Philly show

large size 7x10

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
normal size

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Darn it those are some cool new Grimm Optispex cards for the Philly Show, Tom. I better see what I can get my hands on. Drool

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
really nice looking in person