Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Sean Bean is surprisingly only Limited this time, which is great! I would assume Oona Chaplin/Talisa will be the most sought after again in this one...

The Chaplin as one of the most expensive cards in the set kind of bothers me. I wasn't interested in it last season because of the price and, if it happens again, I still won't pick it up.

Her role was important to the series because it changed the direction of Robb Stark and ultimately lead to his death. That part is true enough, but it was not a leading role and it was over in a very few episodes.

I really have trouble justifying the spending of EL type money on an autograph that should be little more than a common card. And unfortunately that's how I think of this card.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I was on the Fence on this one..... there are Only 2 VL Autos..... I busted one case so Far.....No Sketch Frown

I pulled ONE EL......

A Lot of Regular Autos & a Bunch of LIMITED Autos..

pulled 2 Pin Cards....

tons of other goodies.... Happy with the OONA CHAPLIN Metal

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Kryten67,

I wonder if all of the Oona Chaplin auto cards have been cut like that, because it is missing the black border at the bottom.

Is the card smaller then the other cards you have pulled?

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
seems badly cut, there's the grey line at the bottom still, and the top is quite large
already had a card like that but there was some more bottom, black not completely gone

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Busted my Second Case..... I got The OONA CHAPLIN Auto again.....as my EL Auto...
also pulled This....

Also, finished the Holofoil Parallel base Set 1-100

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Here are my big pulls from my four boxes:

I know people will think I'm insane, but I only collect the bordered autographs and don't collect sketches at all, so the only thing I am keeping is the Carice Van Houten (because it's just an amazing card -- gorgeous image, great signature) just like I kept the full bleed Arya I pulled last year. If anyone wants to trade one of the commons for Styr, shoot me an email.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the Pin cards are? Are they just something Rittenhouse has had made or do they have some direct connection with the show?

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Anyone know what the Pin cards are? Are they just something Rittenhouse has had made or do they have some direct connection with the show?

The images are not up yet, but these are numbered to #300 and the shields are from 6 different Houses. I wish they were actual relics, but they are the same as the manufactured patches and Star Trek pins I would assume.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen the shield pins are the badges of the main houses, and also the Hand of the King and Littlefinger's mocking bird. Not sure if they have an actual working pin on the back.
I actually have all the shield pin badges as they're available to buy from HBO and other sci-fi companies. So I'm not too worried if I can't collect all the cards as I have the mainstream HBO versions anyway. But it's a nice idea for cards, different too.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou Hedgehog witch they look identical to the shield pins that are on sale on the hbo shop at £12 each. A shame they are selling for 3 times this as the cards do look very nice.
Might resort to some diy and a nice custom card Smile

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Sean Bean is surprisingly only Limited this time, which is great! I would assume Oona Chaplin/Talisa will be the most sought after again in this one...

The Chaplin as one of the most expensive cards in the set kind of bothers me. I wasn't interested in it last season because of the price and, if it happens again, I still won't pick it up.

Her role was important to the series because it changed the direction of Robb Stark and ultimately lead to his death. That part is true enough, but it was not a leading role and it was over in a very few episodes.

I really have trouble justifying the spending of EL type money on an autograph that should be little more than a common card. And unfortunately that's how I think of this card.

I find it curious as I suspect she's not a reluctant signer herself, but this card maybe more a victim of Rittenhouse's logistics - it's fairly safe for us to assume by now that Rittenhouse get actors to sign multiple styles of cards simultaneously, store some of them, and seed them in sets across several years. Now looking at the dates that her first James Bond and first GOT card were released, I'm going to assume she signed for the franchises simultaneously and seeing as she now has four cards in the open and presumably a Full Bleed for Bond to come, possibly even a Blue style GOT card too, she probably signed a reasonable quantity in one go but in so many styles that each is of a lower quantity and makes the rarity of each individual card fairly ironic as I suspect she was more prolific than your average 'common' signer in GOT. With Talisa, she was important, but I honestly don't remember her 'receptionist' Bond character much at all so I would have an even harder time justifying the cost of her VL Bond autographs over EL for Game of Thrones.

Like I said, this is assumption but I think it's a reasonable thought.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Thankyou Hedgehog witch they look identical to the shield pins that are on sale on the hbo shop at £12 each. A shame they are selling for 3 times this as the cards do look very nice.
Might resort to some diy and a nice custom card Smile

Actually that's a very good idea to give this set a more complete look without resorting to the high prices the cards are selling for. Smile
I think the cards are H1-H6, but I'm sure I saw an H7...but that could have been a dealer incentive from an Archive box or something?

I see prices at the moment are around £35-40 per a card!! And over £200 for the whole Shield Pin set. As more make the market this might drop, but as I already have all the official HBO pins(in nice little boxes that show the shield pins off nicely) I won't be looking for the cards until they're MUCH lower priced. And even then I might still not bother. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the pins appear to be identical to the ones produced by Dark Horse. Rittenhouse probably bought them from Dark Horse and removed the pin backing.

So if the archive box exclusive pin is out of your range, you could buy the Hand of the King pin from Dark Horse and you'd have most of it!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Produ...f-the-King-Metal-Pin

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H7 is the incentive box Hand of the king pin, which also looks indentical to the hbo hand of the king pin for £12, but is currently up at hundreds of pounds.

posted Hide Post
Ahh so I wasn't dreaming that I'd seen an H7. Smile

There are actually two official Hand of the King pins out there. The original cheaper HBO/Dark horse version, which isn't that defined, or a slightly more expensive one made by the Noble Collection and that one is VERY nice. And although a little more expensive it's still much MUCH cheaper than the H7 card. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

I find it curious as I suspect she's not a reluctant signer herself, but this card maybe more a victim of Rittenhouse's logistics - it's fairly safe for us to assume by now that Rittenhouse get actors to sign multiple styles of cards simultaneously, store some of them, and seed them in sets across several years. Now looking at the dates that her first James Bond and first GOT card were released, I'm going to assume she signed for the franchises simultaneously and seeing as she now has four cards in the open and presumably a Full Bleed for Bond to come, possibly even a Blue style GOT card too, she probably signed a reasonable quantity in one go but in so many styles that each is of a lower quantity and makes the rarity of each individual card fairly ironic as I suspect she was more prolific than your average 'common' signer in GOT. With Talisa, she was important, but I honestly don't remember her 'receptionist' Bond character much at all so I would have an even harder time justifying the cost of her VL Bond autographs over EL for Game of Thrones.

Like I said, this is assumption but I think it's a reasonable thought.

I agree with you. In this case, if I were guessing, it is more likely that RA just short printed the Chaplin cards, rather than that the signer limited the autographs. This has happened in other RA products, where some of the short printed VLs and ELs were of minor characters.

That shouldn't really happen because, if you are forced to buy a pricey SP just because it is necessary to complete the set, it should at least be a character that has demand, not just a supply problem.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I think I put a little more value in Talisa as a character than you but I do think the Bond cards were largely unnecessary for anyone other than major completists and Rittenhouse may as well have helped Game of Thrones fans' chances instead. At the very least in S3 it was refreshing that it wasn't just the Lannisters that were the hottest cards!

This is slightly off-topic, for Season 4 anyway, but I was trying to think of how many notable Thrones cast/characters haven't signed yet. Couldn't come up with many considering the sheer quantity of actors on that show!

Balon Greyjoy, Robin Arryn, Fat Walda, Eddison, Craster, Jeor Mormont, Will, Waymar Royce, Gared, Mance Rayder, Lord of Bones, Orell, Maester Aemon, Mirri Maz Duur, Daario 1, Daario 2, Hizdahr, Ilyn Payne, Olenna Tyrell, High Sparrow, Gendry, The Waif, Thoros of Myr, Beric Dondarrion, The Tickler, Benjen Stark, Oberyn, Doran, Trystane, Myrcella 2, Obara, Nymeria, Tyene, Areo Hotah, Maggy the Frog, Young Cersei, Davos Seaworth, Selyse Baratheon, Polliver, Yohn Royce, Olly

Maybe another few, but right now that's what I can come up with. Have we had some of these? There were a few I thought we had, but guess not.

I think, this being Rittenhouse "Star Trek and James Bond are our bread and butter" Archives, an Alexander Siddig/Doran card, and a Jonathan Pryce/High Sparrow card are probably inevitable for the next set Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I usually make my own GOT cards and send them to the celebs to get signed. But, Oona Chaplin is impossible to get ttm and her GOT auto cards are very expensive. Was able to get her Bond auto card at a fraction of what it would have cost on a GOT card.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
The Q40 has now been released Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Updated my DeviantArt page and fb with most of my artworks for this release Smile
www.davidded.deviantart.com

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post