Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just spotted this on Blowout:

Game of Thrones Season Four (Rittenhouse)

2 Autograph Cards Per Box!

Autograph signers include:

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)
Sean Bean (Ned Stark)
Kit Harington (Jon Snow)
Julius Hafpor Bjornsson (Gregor Clegane)
Lena Headey (Queen Cersei Lannister)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
Carise Van Houten (Melisandre)
Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr)
Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei)
Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm)
Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton)
Roger Ashton Griffiths (Mace Tyrell)
Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon)
Ben Hawkey (Hot Pie)
Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand)
Lucian Msamati (Salladhor Saan)
Yuri Kolikolnikov (Styr)
Daniel Portman (Podrik Payne)
Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane)
Luke Barnes (Rast)
Ian Beattie (Ser Meryn Trant)
and many more!

100-Card Base Set, featuring detailed plot synopses for all 10 Season Four episodes, and biographies for more than 60 different characters!

Also, look for randomly inserted SKETCH CARDS!

Plus EXCITING Bonus Cards:
• 100 parallel base cards (1:3 packs)
• 100 GOLD parallel base cards (each #'d to 100) (1:24 packs)
• 9 "Quotable" Game of Thrones cards (1:12 packs)
• 20 "Valar Morghulis" ("All Men Must Die") cards (1:24 packs)
• 20 "Beautiful Death" art cards (1:24 packs)
• 20 GOLD parallel "Beautiful Death" art cards (each #'d to 100) (1:144 packs)
• 6 Game of Thrones Shield/Pin cards (each #'d to 300) (1:144 packs)

Case Topper:
Game of Thrones Embossed "Raven" Poster Card

6-Case Incentives:
Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey) GOLD Autograph Card

9-Case Incentive:
Kit Harington (Jon Snow) GOLD Autograph Card

18-Case Incentive:
Game of Thrones: Season Four Archive Box, including exclusive Hand of the King pin card.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in for an archive box. I hope the "& many more" autographs include the Red Viper of Dorne, Pedro Pascal!

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Out of that list, the must haves for me are Indira Varma and Daniel Portman (bordered, of course).

This time around I am doing three boxes and a binder (no money for a case this time) so I will just try and pick up a few bordered autographs and complete the quotable set. I think these sets are great, but they are getting weighed down with things I just don't care about at all like more and more parallel cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
This is one of those things where I don't even mind the repeat signers. I like some of the new ones too, especially Indira Varma. And isn't that the 3rd Gregor Clegane? Which is kind of fun too. Smile

My only reservation is having two parallel base sets?! So with the ordinary base set that's 300 cards...2 duplicates of each card apart from a bit of foil and numbering difference. Hmm...I really hate parallel sets.

But that's not stopping me from going in with my usual enthusiasm for these sets. I'm pleased I put together a master for S1 and S2 because after that it's only the deep pockets who can do it. Still lots for everyone to enjoy in the set, and as always I never really consider even the 'cheaper' range autographs that bad. Every character in the show has a part to play in the wider scheme of things and thankfully there are rarely the "girl in bar" "or waiter in nightclub" nobody actor auto cards other sets have. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
yay another Carice Van Outen
and a few I have been hoping for
like Indira Varma and Nathalie Emannuel

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
sigh.. still no Liam Cunningham, they must be having trouble getting him to sign Shake Head

Sean Bean auto, so Rittenhouse isn't sticking to actors that are actually in each season for each seasons set?
Kind of annoying, but I'll never complain about being able to grab another Sean Bean auto Big Grin and hopefully it will mean then that they will go back and try to get those that haven't signed yet. Hint hint Rittenhouse, Peter Vaughan as Maester Aemon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

Sean Bean auto, so Rittenhouse isn't sticking to actors that are actually in each season for each seasons set?

If you look closely every set after the first one included a couple of signers whose characters had already died, it was just mainly minor characters. I didn't expect Bean to come back for this, but he has been a good signer for Bond, so why not. I sure hope we have a full bleed this time around.

I also noticed that Clarke is not mentioned as a signer yet. If she is not included it will make the second set in a row that she has missed. If that is the case, I would have to think that her first and second season autographs should go up in value. You can never predict the minds of celebrities, but if the supply does not increase it follows that the demand will concentrate on what is out there.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Oona Chaplin is a common signing this time around. The only signer im missing, just couldnt justify the price for her season 3 auto.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Nice card

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Was there a flashback showing Ned Stark's CGI head on a pike, maybe? Bean says he'd be happy to come back for future flashbacks, but he doesn't show in any credits since S1. I guess they already had a full-bleed card. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:

Was there a flashback showing Ned Stark's CGI head on a pike, maybe? Bean says he'd be happy to come back for future flashbacks, but he doesn't show in any credits since S1. I guess they already had a full-bleed card. Cool

The only time I remember seeing his head on a pike was still in season one I think, I can't remember seeing any more of Ned from season 2 onward. But I would be all for seeing more of Ned onscreen, maybe to do with who John Snow's mother is perhaps? Please no one write any spoilers please! Big Grin

I only remember that because I read back when season 1 was released on DVD and Bluray there was an easter egg(or something, it is such a quick scene that obviously no-one noticed on the first airing on tv) that they used a dummy head of George Bush on a pike next to Ned Starks head when Joffery shows Sansa.
There was such a big uproar that they altered the scene using cgi to change the face of the George Bush head for the next printing of the discs. So if you got the season early after the release you have the version with the unaltered head, if not you might have one that has the cgi head in it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have the unaltered version and let me tell you, the whole thing was for publicity. The shot went so quick and the head in question was not very good. No one would have picked it up, except that the producers or whoever it was from the show, made a point of saying it in an article.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was hoping they would finally get Liam Cunningham also. Some nice new additions though.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Some nice new additions and repeat signers I couldn't afford the first time around Wave

I know Stannis was super expensive in the S2 release, but as soon as S3 came out I picked one up for a great price.

The chase cards don't enthuse me much; but that's only going off the description, I will wait and see the actual design.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
2 new Gold Incentives (Harington and Gleeson) I was hoping one would be Clarke or Williams. Maybe Rittenhouse is spreading out the autos on purpose. This show and set could go on for a few more years, at least.

Best to All,
VinnyH

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinnyH,

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinnyH:
2 new Gold Incentives (Harington and Gleeson) I was hoping one would be Clarke or Williams. Maybe Rittenhouse is spreading out the autos on purpose. This show and set could go on for a few more years, at least.

Best to All,
VinnyH

There has to be at least 6 more seasons Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Really fun looking set. Nice to see Indira Varma is signing. Really hoping Pedro Pascal will sign in the future too, given Oberyn's popularity!

Also hoping to see Burn Gorman - wasn't a major Thrones character (still memorable for sure) but a good actor who I appreciated in Torchwood and who had agreed to sign for Cryptozoic's Pacific Rim before that got reconfigured.

Glad to see Kit Harington again, was a little worried I'd missed the boat on him (and Emilia Clarke) and of course Sean Bean!

My card collecting has slowed down and focuses mainly on the first titles I ever started collecting, but Game of Thrones just keeps on being the exception to that rule Big Grin

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've started rewatching from season 1 again before the new season starts, and I've realised they didn't get Joseph Mawle as Benjen Stark to sign.
Since they are adding another Sean Bean auto, I hope they can go back and try to get him to sign as he was one of my favourite characters early on.

Out of interest, how are most people collecting this series? Master sets? Picking and choosing?

I have a master set of season 1, but just can't afford sketches from seasons 2 and 3 so master sets for those are out the window.
So I don't know whether to try and collect every auto released or just grab ones that haven't signed before that I don't have. Big thing for me is cost, so I'm leaning toward just trying to complete my own idea of a complete set with just one or two of each actor. Mainly to have a FB and Bordered version of each, as I'm not that fond of the Blue Bordered style.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
By my count there are 148 autograph cards thus far in the first three GOT seasons, including case incentives. So the next release should bring us pretty close to 200.

I would be satisfied to have a full base set with inserts and one relic from each season, along with one autograph from every actor, in any style and from any season, not including the one shot incentives of writer and production staff.

Sketches are off the table, unless they change the ratio or I somehow pull one from a box.

I'm still 14 actors away from that modest goal, and season 4 is coming. Big Grin