Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones - Season Four (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Both styles have their pros and cons. For myself, the main criteria is what picture they use on the card. Sometimes the bordered picture is better, sometimes it's the full bleed that I like more. I'd prefer that they had just used one style instead of multiples, but at least we have some choice.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Just locked in my order, excited now!
Same month as I'll have a Vet bill so have to be frugal this month & May.
Oh well, such is the life of a card collector! Clap

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I'd be interested to know which style of autograph cards the real hardcore GOT fans like the most and how they collect them.

Not sure about the hardcore part, but I have roughly two thirds of the autograph cards from the seasons 1 thru 3. I am collecting both styles, but always prefer the full bleed to the bordered style for any title. Of course with individual cards some photos do lend themselves better looking in one layout rather than the other.

I too did not care for the "blue" border style released in the season 3 cards. It added nothing to the border, while I thought it made the card kind of dull or muted. The crisp black just looks cleaner to me.

As far as collecting the autographs go, I think this was covered somewhere, I am trying for one autograph from every character as a goal. I am not trying to complete the autographs because it would be overkill for some of the actors and I usually don't bother with the incentives or the really high priced cards every time anyway.

Also we are getting some main characters that keep repeating. As much as I love to hate Cersi, I have 3 Lena Headey autographs now and I don't know that I really need anymore. Because there are so many characters that matter to the plot I don't mind even the common autographs here and I would rather put money into affordable lots of what I don't have than repeat signers that I do have.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I greatly prefer the bordered kind, but I will make an exception when I like the picture (significantly) more on the full bleed. I literally had to choose on Season 1 and 2, since I had "Archive Boxes" of those, and I knew, going in, that I couldn't keep them all.

For my favorite Season 1 and 2 characters (Arya, Theon, Syrio Forel, maybe a couple of others), I kept both styles. From Season 3, I mostly just picked up the character I didn't have in the bordered style knowing most of those same ones that were only full-bleed in Season 3 will be issued in bordered form in Season 4. There are a couple of exceptions here, too, as I've got the full bleed of several characters knowing I'd want to have both version once the Season 4 cards were issued. These include Sansa, Ygritte, and Brienne.

I don't collect the relics at all, and hardly do from any of the card sets I buy.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Release date has changed slightly, 5th May according to Rittenhouse website.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The release date is now May 13th.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
The release date is now May 13th.

Oops, the date format confused me lol, of course it's 13 May!

posted Hide Post
I did some Sketch Cards for this set.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:

That is cool. Can we see them or are they still under wraps???

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:

That is cool. Can we see them or are they still under wraps???

All under wraps until approvals and the release date is nearly upon us. Usually we get to show them a week before release.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing them whenever you can show them.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if this will definitely be released next week on 13th?
I can't find a checklist on Rittenhouse's website yet...unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

If it's only a week away I was hoping to see some previews or a promo or two by now?

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I can't find a checklist on Rittenhouse's website yet...unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

If it's only a week away I was hoping to see some previews or a promo or two by now?

Over on the Rittenhouse boards Steve just posted that they are in the process of moving into a new office and hope to have the checklist posted shortly.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:

Over on the Rittenhouse boards Steve just posted that they are in the process of moving into a new office and hope to have the checklist posted shortly.

Brilliant. Thanks for the info. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Still no checklist.... crazy.

Sorry but the excuse of moving office just doesn't cut it with modern technology!

Wave

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:

Sorry but the excuse of moving office just doesn't cut it with modern technology!

Wave

They are a victim of their own good service.

We rarely have a checklist for anyone else before release. But since Rittenhouse does it almost every time, they get grief when they don't.

Hobbit releases the same day, and we don't have a checklist yet. Just a partial, which is what we have for GoT4.

We're a week or so away from Avengers: Age of Ultron. We don't know anything beyond the number of cards in the base set. And I bet we don't get a checklist before the online community builds on from box/case breaks.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it really matters anymore.

I will buy GOT whether I see a checklist or not because I already know the product and am invested in the title.

I won't buy the Avengers: Age of Ultron because I already know the product construction and it doesn't matter who is signing if no autograph is in the box.

Bond collectors will buy new Bond. Star Wars collectors will buy new Star Wars. Star Trek collectors will buy new Star Trek. Walking Dead collectors will buy new Walking Dead. You get the idea. Wink

Everybody sticks to their title until they decide that they can't anymore. The timing of the checklist is irrelevant. Big Grin

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
some are giving up on The Walking Dead..... But I agree with the rest......

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
some are giving up on The Walking Dead..... But I agree with the rest......

I think the hard core fan is still sticking with the Walking Dead, but the phenomenon is over for the viewers that jumped in for the hype. I let it go after the first season. It is a depressing, ugly world that they created and once the plot got established, I don't see who would want to keep coming back to watch the misery.

Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:

Wave

They are a victim of their own good service.

We rarely have a checklist for anyone else before release. But since Rittenhouse does it almost every time, they get grief when they don't.

Hobbit releases the same day, and we don't have a checklist yet. Just a partial, which is what we have for GoT4.

We're a week or so away from Avengers: Age of Ultron. We don't know anything beyond the number of cards in the base set. And I bet we don't get a checklist before the online community builds on from box/case breaks.

Ed

Well said Ed,and unless you want to see a checklist so you can bump your pre-order of 9 cases to say 18 cases then having a checklist before the product hits is pointless.Not really a big deal for those buying singles and if you are only buying a box and the checklist is a make it or break it thing then a re-evaluation is in order.

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post