Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Fringe News from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe News from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Just find his email in his profile and send him a message that way Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Just grabbed this from Sci-fi.com "Fringe Collectors Cards It's hard to come by any Fringe swag out there, so it's a delight to see Cryptozoic Entertainment providing fans with a Walter, Peter, Olivia and company fix with their new line of collectible cards covering Seasons One and Two of the sci-fi drama. The cards will be sold in individual blind packs or boxes with separate packs and might contain cast autograph cards or costume cards featuring fabric from clothing worn by the actors in the show. (Cards hit comic book and collectible stores in March 2012.)"

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that The Big Bang Theory has been officially released, is it too soon to start talking about Fringe?

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a complete list of signers soon.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

They have Torv and Jackson, and they were the main ones I was worried about...Noble has signed before and I would be surprised if he didn't sign for this set. I do hope they got Jasika Nicole, but if they got the main three I would be happy (wouldn't be surprised if Nimoy signs too).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the las vegas industry summit, they did show a card that was autographed by Noble.

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

They have Torv and Jackson, and they were the main ones I was worried about...Noble has signed before and I would be surprised if he didn't sign for this set. I do hope they got Jasika Nicole, but if they got the main three I would be happy (wouldn't be surprised if Nimoy signs too).

Would love to see a Lance Reddick auto.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just hoping for a Ryan McDonald. He is the last of the cast I need.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
Does everyone think this set will go sky high like Walking Dead? Is it safe to say, yes order a couple cases on pre-sell?

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Any word on if there are any big redemption hits like in BBT or TWD for either this or Smallville?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yorkbag:
Does everyone think this set will go sky high like Walking Dead? Is it safe to say, yes order a couple cases on pre-sell?

I doubt Fringe will go as high as The Walking Dead. The fans who watch are loyal, but there just aren't as many of us. That said I'm getting three cases, but I want to put together a master set.

@igman7 - They generally haven't announced the redemptions until very close to the release date. I would imagine if there is a redemption in Smallville it would be announced the last week of this month.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Not exactly the best way to sell your products if you do not disclose if there are possible monster hits.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Not exactly the best way to sell your products if you do not disclose if there are possible monster hits.

I think that the content that they have disclosed is good enough to get people to order. In the case of BBT, they had a solid release that many people preordered based on the content or possible pulls, and the redemption announcement just sealed the deal on anything that was left.

In some ways, it rewards people who preorder early because it gets them in at a lower price point and if a redemption is announced these individuals are all ready committed rather than others who waited too long and have to scrounge for the remainders or order at a higher price point when they are interested in possible short print redemptions.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:

I think that the content that they have disclosed is good enough to get people to order. In the case of BBT, they had a solid release that many people preordered based on the content or possible pulls, and the redemption announcement just sealed the deal on anything that was left.

In some ways, it rewards people who preorder early because it gets them in at a lower price point and if a redemption is announced these individuals are all ready committed rather than others who waited too long and have to scrounge for the remainders or order at a higher price point when they are interested in possible short print redemptions.

Perhaps for a box or two, but not for those of us who purchase cases as a business proposition. While TWD and BBT have had great success, I am fairly certain that both properties have much larger followings than Fringe or Smallville.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:

Perhaps for a box or two, but not for those of us who purchase cases as a business proposition. While TWD and BBT have had great success, I am fairly certain that both properties have much larger followings than Fringe or Smallville.

I totally disagree- if anything it is more advantageous for retailers to have a last minute announcement. From a manufacturer's point of view, it's a good practice not to announce everything ahead of time so there will be buyer interest from the initial announcement, and another surge of interest right before release. I agree it is annoying for retailers, but that is part of high risk/high reward. As a retailer, the odds of having a case with a bonus card is low, but the announcement would add value to your order. Furthermore, as a retailer who will buy multiple cases, this box value increase affects you much more than someone who buys "a box or two", as you have a much higher chance of either pulling a redemption if you sell singles, or selling a box with a redemption to a customer which would increase your reputation and generate more sales if word gets around that you were the one who sold it, especially as box buyers are much more likely to break the box than resell it.

Also, one of the reasons that the Walking Dead prices are still sky high is that there is still a chance to get a redemption for the Rick Patch. Once the patches have been accounted for, the prices are sure to drop. For BBT there is still a chance to get one of the rares from a box even after all the redemptions have been pulled. I think Fringe will do well based on the fact that the content seems solid and the announced signers are major characters, many who haven't signed before. I am not so sure about Smallville because it has a lot of repeat signers, so in general I think it won't be as much of a success. However, if I, as a buyer, have that impression, there is no reason to think that you, someone who buys and sells cards as a business, don't have the same impression and will order as such.

In short, I would assume that there is not going to be a last minute release, and that way you won't be disappointed with your order if there isn't a bonus card. If there is, then all it does is add value to what you have ordered.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Actually, it is most advantageous for a factory to be sold out on a product well before release. Wink

With no possibility of a "case hit" or monster chase, I just fear that this set would fare more like Vampire Diaries or even The Guild...neither of which would have been a great investment although it would indeed satisfy the collector.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when they will announce the final list of signers?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Does anyone know when they will announce the final list of signers?

Probably right after Smallville releases. They seem to be going one release at a time.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can Scott verify whether or not this is how the cards will look