Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Fringe News from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe News from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you, but I never thought that a regular auto would have been a redemption as that is not how CZ has been working them. They have only done redemptions for cards that would not fit into packs.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I don't know about you, but I never thought that a regular auto would have been a redemption as that is not how CZ has been working them. They have only done redemptions for cards that would not fit into packs.

I agree, but the thought was since he was not listed as a signer he may have been a redemption.

To me they've announce what the redemption is so I would say the autograph list is set. They haven't changed or added to an auto list after a redemption was announce in the past so I would be surprised to see Nimoy now.

Nimoy was all speculation in the first place because there was a mockup on a site of a Nimoy, and the design very nearly matches the final design of the autographs.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only ever seen one episode of this show, and am thinking of buying it? lol I need help.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have ever seen it and I bought a case. Thumb Up

Remember, Scott does not add names to the list until the cards are in house, so there is still a little time...that is if they even asked him.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan and I sold of most of my BBT case to get a case of this. :thumb up:

The auto lineup looks good- I wouldn't even mind if the Nimoy auto pops up in the next release so that release's lineup can be strong as well. Plus it would be one less thing that I would have to collect for this set Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what it's for, but CZE is offering a NPN on Fringe

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:

To play without purchase, mail a postcard with your name and return address to:

FRINGE Seasons 1&2, C/O No Purchase Necessary, 16279 Laguna Canyon Rd, Irvine, CA 92618.

For complete rules, visit: www.crypotozoic.com/NPN. Limit One (1) entry per day, per address. Contest open to US residents only, except individuals who reside in Arizona, Florida, New York, and Rhode Island, and void where prohibited.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Figures , My family is in NY and i am in Florida .... Bah

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Just picked up 8 boxes at a very good price. This is my first crypo product i am buying how far out from the release date do they post a finalized checklist ?

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
Just picked up 8 boxes at a very good price. This is my first crypo product i am buying how far out from the release date do they post a finalized checklist ?

Release date is mid to end June...I would guess June 27th or June 29th.

The checklist should be up soon. I think they posted the Smallville one around a month prior to the release....the Fringe one could be out sometime next week.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I Have it at june 20th for a release date

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
I Have it at june 20th for a release date

That could be right too.

I would imagine we'll be seeing the checklist soon.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The last official word from Cryptozoic that I received (two weeks ago) was that they would have a new release date "ASAP." So anything is speculation at this point.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got a release date today, June 19th.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why? Unless you are expecting to flip your cards/boxes, I can't think of a reason why a collector would go in for a case of cards from a show he never saw. The autograph list may be great for fans, but as a non-viewer, I see nothing that would make me try more than one box at most myself. I get it if you like Fringe, but not if you have no interest in it.

Of course if you're a dealer than its just business and you buy whatever looks like it will sell.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Why? Unless you are expecting to flip your cards/boxes, I can't think of a reason why a collector would go in for a case of cards from a show he never saw. The autograph list may be great for fans, but as a non-viewer, I see nothing that would make me try more than one box at most myself. I get it if you like Fringe, but not if you have no interest in it.

Of course if you're a dealer than its just business and you buy whatever looks like it will sell.

Ding Ding, we have a winner! I have always made it quite clear on the boards that I do not collect cards (except for a select few that have been gifted to me through the years). I only collect sketchbooks for myself. I usually buy series that I have enjoyed as I have more than a healthy relationship with my inner geek (actually, it isn't so inner either), but I will never pass on something that I think can turn at a profit.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by igman7:

Ding Ding, we have a winner! I have always made it quite clear on the boards that I do not collect cards (except for a select few that have been gifted to me through the years)./QUOTE]

Its good to be a winner. Big Grin

Actually your status was not clear to me or I wouldn't have asked, but I see now that you also post a lot in the Shows and Conventions section, which I rarely read. If Fringe sells like Walking Dead and Big Bang you may wish that you had ordered more than a case. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems weird that there isn't a checklist for this yet...I'm really curious to see the costume cards for this set. I would love over here and over there versions of the costume cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So are we getting a checklist for this or what?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fringe checklist was sent out via email today...

There are three new signers; Ari Graynor (Rachel), Kirk Acevedo (Charlie), and Meghan Markle (the random FBI agent at the beginning of season 2 who just kind of disappeared...I always wondered if her storyline was supposed to be bigger) so there are 17 autos total...all seven main cast members are indicated as rare as are Pinker and Wyman. There are 4 common and 4 uncommon autos to make up the rest of the auto set.

There are 17 costume cards as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are all the autos and costume cards

Complete autograph checklist
A1 Anna Torv (Rare)
A2 Joshua Jackson (Rare)
A3 Lance Reddick (Rare)
A4 Blair Brown (Rare)
A5 Jasika Nicole (Rare)
A6 John Noble (Rare)
A7 Seth Gabel (Rare)
A8 Sebastian Roche (Uncommon)
A9 Michael Cerveris (Uncommon)
A10 Kevin Corrigan (Uncommon)
A11 Ari Graynor (Common)
A12 Kirk Acevedo (Common)
A13 Chance Kelly (Common)
A14 Ryan McDonald (Common)
A14 Jeff Pinker (Rare)
A15 J.H. Wyman (Rare)
A16 Meghan Markle (Uncommon)

Not sure if the double numbering is an error or if there really are two A14s

Complete Costume Card Checklist
M1 Astrid’s Burgundy Blouse
M2 Brandon’s Lab Coat
M3 Broyles’s Tie (Uncommon)
M4 Broyles’s White Shirt
M5 Broyles’s Suit
M6 Charlie’s Blue Shirt
M7 Charlie’s Suit
M8 Olivia’s Striped Shirt
M9 Olivia’s Suit
M10 Peter’s Dark Gray Shirt
M11 Peter’s Gray Shirt
M12 Rachel’s Green Shirt
M13 Rachel’s Corduroy Pants
M14 Walter’s Gray Shirt
M15 Walter’s Green Shirt
M16 Walter’s Lab Coat
M17 Officer’s Jacket (Binder Exclusive)

And of course there is the redemption quad costume card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,