Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Fringe News from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe News from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Cryptozoic told me at Allentown these are coming out May 15th. Straight from the proverbial horse's mouth.

Yep...I would have preferred they waited on Josh Jackson unless they were sure they weren't going to get his cards returned.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
That's OK. The good autographs will all be about one in 3-5 cases anyway, like the last release. The majority of the boxes will have the 4 commons and the two costume cards. I had no shot to begin with since I don't buy a lot of boxes. Frown

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
That's OK. The good autographs will all be about one in 3-5 cases anyway, like the last release. The majority of the boxes will have the 4 commons and the two costume cards. I had no shot to begin with since I don't buy a lot of boxes. Frown

Well that wasn't really true...in the last release there were between 1-4 rare autos per case.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was slightly exaggerating, but I have a penchant for pulling the most common autograph cards from Cryptozoic. I'm proud to say my record is in tact. Razz I had the worst luck with the Fringe release.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Crypto website says there will be a P1 promo exclusive to the GTS show in Los Angeles on May 15-16. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But will we be able to purchase it at $5 later? I think I read something on their website about them doing that for show exclusive promos.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've hit ebay a day early. Selling like hotcakes.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at what has been listed and noticed the naming of some of the costume cards and thought it must be an error. So I went to Cryptozoic to look at the checklist for this set and realised it wasn't a mistake.
Can anyone explain to me why they called the costume cards for the other Universe Olivia, Bolivia, like the country? That isn't what I remember Walter calling her, I thought it was Fauxlivia, as in Faux, Fake. Not the country.
It seems weird to me.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bolivia was the official name the writers/producers originally used for alternate Olivia. It's the name they used in the scripts and among themselves before fans created various other names. The meaning behind it is that our Olivia is Olivia from Universe A while over there Olivia is from Universe B, or in other words (B)Olivia. Most fans really didn't like that name, so it didn't stick among fan discussion, but production staff continued to reference her as Bolivia.

Posts: 5 | Location: UT | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks mlj102, I did not know that Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the P1 promo ?

What is this NSP 02 promo which I have seen ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I only saw the first two episodes of Fringe and stopped, but I picked up a box of Seasons 3/4 the other day. Got a Bolivia costume and a Markham autograph.

I was reading the backs to have an idea of the plot, so I understand the whole split universe thing. But all this jumping around and this one's here and now that one's there. And this one's baby is now an adult somewhere else. Confused

Its all over my head. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've only just started watching this show and have been really enjoying it. Into season 4 now.

Anyway does anyone else wish they'd done alternate/our universe autos. Had our universe in a lighter colour with that version of the character and then the alternates in a red style card, similar to the opening credits would change colour depending on the universe? .

It's a shame that Anna Torv signed for 3 different sets, yet they're all of our Olivia. Bit of a missed opportunity there. However I really like this show so I wouldn't mind collecting some of the cards.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I've only just started watching this show and have been really enjoying it. Into season 4 now.

Anyway does anyone else wish they'd done alternate/our universe autos. Had our universe in a lighter colour with that version of the character and then the alternates in a red style card, similar to the opening credits would change colour depending on the universe? .

It's a shame that Anna Torv signed for 3 different sets, yet they're all of our Olivia. Bit of a missed opportunity there. However I really like this show so I wouldn't mind collecting some of the cards.

Yeah...that would have been cool...also thought doing dual costume cards of here/there versions of each character would have been awesome

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Dual autos would have been nice too.

Therr hasn't been any updates for awhile with this set, is the release date coming soon?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Only thing I know for sure is my orders are due this coming week and information is still pretty light.

Not a lot of interest compared to previous. The new, higher price does not help much either.

I get the feeling people are waiting until some of the big online places decide to liquidate. Seems to be some pretty good bargains out there if you wait a few months. Which is bad from a dealer's perspective.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Probably doesn't help that the show has been off the air for a while. I feel like unless there is something new a big to offer than previous sets, people's interest will wane. If they had included some dual autos or had a really good redemption, then I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest. I don't see a big difference with seasons 5 set to seasons 3&4.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Information from a guy on other forums that seems to have a contact at Cryptozoic...

Fringe Season 5 has been Cancelled.

No idea what they are going to do with the autos already in hand. Possibly re-solicit it like Once Upon A Time if that one does OK in the market.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
CZE is starting to sound like UD.
Wouldn't surprise me if auto cards start popping up on ebay years from now from cancelled sets.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
After Pacific Rim this is the second release on short time to be cancelled. Is this the start of something I'd rather not see happen?
Or did Cryptozoic truly overreach with it's large number of releases?

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post