Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Fringe News from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe News from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's pretty much on every entertainment site now.

quote:
Originally posted by Char_Baby:
Where has the 5th season been officially announced?

Cannot wait for the autos, would love any of them to be honest!

Olivia would be the best, walter second and broyles then the rest I think.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Yup 5th season but Only 13 episodes . They did the same thing NBC did for Chuck . I can live with that .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am also very relieved it is getting another season, even if is only a half season, so they get a decent chance to finish the show properly.

It is a shame if that is the final list, Chuck, the picture you have put a on page 2, where did you see that? The Leonard Nimoy auto looks very much like the ones shown on Cryptozoic's website, it's just missing the "Imagine the Possibilities" under the Fringe title. Maybe there is still hope?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Yes, I am also very relieved it is getting another season, even if is only a half season, so they get a decent chance to finish the show properly.

It is a shame if that is the final list, Chuck, the picture you have put a on page 2, where did you see that? The Leonard Nimoy auto looks very much like the ones shown on Cryptozoic's website, it's just missing the "Imagine the Possibilities" under the Fringe title. Maybe there is still hope?

That's from a dealer's website. The auto design is very similar.

I would love for there to be a Nimoy.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
That picture is also in the new Previews magazine, which is where all the comic book stores order their cards from.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So more than likely they got those pictures from Cryptozoic? Then there's still a pretty good chance the Nimoy autograph might eventuate.(crosses fingers and toes) I really, really hope so Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Here is the link on the Previews website.

I am pretty sure this is the solicitation information they get directly from Cryptozoic, so I think the odds of Nimoy have to be pretty good.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

I am pretty sure this is the solicitation information they get directly from Cryptozoic, so I think the odds of Nimoy have to be pretty good.

If it is in Previews, I'm inclined to think it is real. The only problem is that this might be like the Walking Dead A3/A4 autos that ended up not being returned in time and will be in the next set. However, Cryptozoic seems to advertise only what they have on hand, so if it is being advertised in Previews I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced soon.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well that is encouraging news. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Better hope that seasons 3,4 and 5 are in the making before the stars move on.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where could a Canadian purchase/pre-order sets? I'm definitely getting a set for each season, I love this show.

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

If it is in Previews, I'm inclined to think it is real. The only problem is that this might be like the Walking Dead A3/A4 autos that ended up not being returned in time and will be in the next set. However, Cryptozoic seems to advertise only what they have on hand, so if it is being advertised in Previews I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced soon.

I would agree with that except the card design in the preview doesn't match the final card design, and he's not listed as a signer yet. That is a huge name to have, but not list.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this set.
I could do with some advice though. I really want the Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv Autograph cards and i am in the UK what would be the best way.

Wait for a while and buy individually from Ebay and if so could they reach the high $300 mark each

Buy a 12 box case from the USA $733 best price i could find about £451 pounds and hope i get the autographs i want.

Attend a convention in the UK and buy individually from a dealer

I have no idea of where to buy from the UK so my only option seems ordering from the USA or the other options however if anyone can recommend anything else or give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.

Posts: 1 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If all you want are the Torv and Jackson autos buy individually.Based on previous Cryptozoic releases there is no guarantee you you would get both or indeed either in a single case.

There are some UK dealers who post on here and may give you the best price for individual autos.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wisesam:
Buy a 12 box case from the USA $733 best price i could find about £451 pounds and hope i get the autographs i want.
Don't forget to factor in the additional VAT and handling fee your case will probably incur on the way through UK Customs. That would be around £100 on top of the £451 you would have to pay for the case.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wisesam:
Really looking forward to this set.
I could do with some advice though. I really want the Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv Autograph cards and i am in the UK what would be the best way.

Wait for a while and buy individually from Ebay and if so could they reach the high $300 mark each

Attend a convention in the UK and buy individually from a dealer

I have no idea of where to buy from the UK so my only option seems ordering from the USA or the other options however if anyone can recommend anything else or give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.

Search for Umbrella trading cards on google and email Paul. He'll help you out i'm sure. I've preordered a box with him.

UK seller too Wink

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Just an FYI that we are now sold out of all boxes and binders for this set. Fringe ships in mid June.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's excellent news Scott. Very glad to hear it. Can't wait to see the cards myself.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile Good news! But I am sad, I didn't get the opportunity to purchase a set... Shake Head

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jedipencil:
Smile Good news! But I am sad, I didn't get the opportunity to purchase a set... Shake Head

Jedipencil....Just because Cryptozoic is sold out doesn't mean you can't purchase a set. The product isn't out yet. You'll be able to purchase a set (or box) from your local dealer (or an online hobby dealer, eBay, etc.) once the product ships in June. Smile I know you are a huge Fringe fan so I bet you'll be buying a set!! Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post