Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Fringe News from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fringe News from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Whew! Oh I'm definitely getting a set! Clap

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
Hi All,

Just an FYI that we are now sold out of all boxes and binders for this set. Fringe ships in mid June.

Best,

Scott

Nice...congrats on another sell out...hopefully that means we'll get another release.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
As others say, congrats on ANOTHER sell out!

So glad I've got my binder and box in the waiting Big Grin

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
We are already hard at work on the next Fringe set!

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Awesome news Scott!!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:

Best,

Scott

WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Bouncey Clap Metal Elephant

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Char_Baby:
As others say, congrats on ANOTHER sell out!

So glad I've got my binder and box in the waiting Big Grin

ME too! I hope I get a better break than I did with Walking Dead.....

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:

Best,

Scott

Best. News. Ever.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New info for Fringe...I'm definitely picking one of these up even though I'm not a fan of the 4X6 card.

R1 - R25 - Oversized card (4"x6") containing a pieces of wardrobe for Olivia, Walter, Astrid, and Peter.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Ugh, not a redemption. I was really hoping this set wasn't going to have one.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

Cryptozoic seems to only do that when a card can't physically fit in a pack, as this 4 x 6 card would not.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Cryptozoic seems to only do that when a card can't physically fit in a pack, as this 4 x 6 card would not.

Yeah...I'm not sure if I'd prefer the oversized card or a double sided or booklet card that could be inserted. I'm not really a fan of any of them, but with the double side or booklet they could insert the card into packs.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
quote:

Yeah...I'm not sure if I'd prefer the oversized card or a double sided or booklet card that could be inserted. I'm not really a fan of any of them, but with the double side or booklet they could insert the card into packs.

Boy I'm sure out of touch these days with cards. Never heard of any of these. Guess it's because I don't normally purchase TV/Movie cards. Last one was The Walking Dead. Before that was X-Files. By the box that is. My wife has bought some base sets like Supernatural.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think there have been any double side or booklet card released in non sports except by Leaf. They are done in sports cards all the time (especially the booklet cards...the double side cards used to be popular a few year ago...see 2005 Absolute)

quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
quote:

Boy I'm sure out of touch these days with cards. Never heard of any of these. Guess it's because I don't normally purchase TV/Movie cards. Last one was The Walking Dead. Before that was X-Files. By the box that is. My wife has bought some base sets like Supernatural.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
It's more the fact that there is only 25 that I am bummed about, I really don't like cards that are so limited. I'm going to have zero to no chance of getting one of these because, one, lots of sellers don't like to sell expensive items like that overseas, and two, they're so expensive.
I think I have lost a bit of the enthusiasm I had for this set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
One possible way arround the overseas issue would be for the seller to send the card to CZ with THEM mailing out to the end user. That way, the seller is only on the hook for the card making it to CZ.

If I pull one, I will have no problem shipping it anywhere (as long as my butt is covered with Paypal). Thumb Up

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing since we know there is a redemption and we know what it is that there won't be a Nimoy auto in this set. Still an awesome autograph list without him though.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Why would you say that wayne, what does the costume redemption have to do with that plmk if I am missing something

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
Why would you say that wayne, what does the costume redemption have to do with that plmk if I am missing something

It was thought that maybe the Nimoy would be a redemption...doesn't appear to be the case. He's also still not listed in the autograph list. Of course, CZE is already sold out of Fringe so maybe there'll be a nice surprise, and he'll be in it. I just think the possiblity is substantially less now that we know there is a redemption, and we know what it is.