Fringe News from Cryptozoic

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/1167025516

July 08, 2012, 03:44 PM
Scifi Cards
Fringe News from Cryptozoic
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
Anyone see that Chance Kelly auto for $999.99?!?!?! The description says its a variant. Instead of signing with the usual smiley face he used a question mark. My case didn't come with a Chance Kelly auto, but it appears to be a pretty common auto and I was able to snag one for $5 including shipping (the regular smiley face auto that is).

Is this in fact the only one with a question mark? I just wanted to see what people's thought about that because I saw the price tag and my eyes bulged. Seems a kinda steep even for its "rarity." I mean does it even justify being three to four times the price of a Torv or Jackson auto?

They're just fishing to see if there is anyone out there with more money than sense.

There is no way this has a market value that high, but the seller is hoping some variant collector will come along a snatch it up.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

July 09, 2012, 01:36 AM
Sidewinder
Cryptozoic is making the sort after autos too exclusive and therefore too expensive. The Big Bang Theory autos are high, Laura V from Smallville, now these Fringe ones. I haven't even looked at The Vampire Diaries prices, but it just seems like a lot of autos are now over the $200+ compared to what they used to be.

I'm glad I'm not into most of the shows that Cryptozoic have otherwise I'd be spending a lot of money trying to get these top autos.

I know Cryptozoic have the Castle license, I wonder how rare they'll make Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic if they get them both to sign?
July 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Cryptozoic is making the sort after autos too exclusive and therefore too expensive. The Big Bang Theory autos are high, Laura V from Smallville, now these Fringe ones. I haven't even looked at The Vampire Diaries prices, but it just seems like a lot of autos are now over the $200+ compared to what they used to be.

I'm glad I'm not into most of the shows that Cryptozoic have otherwise I'd be spending a lot of money trying to get these top autos.

I know Cryptozoic have the Castle license, I wonder how rare they'll make Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic if they get them both to sign?

The Nina Dobrev from Vampire Diaries has hit $200 more than once, but it can be bought for $150 sometimes. It is the most expensive one in the set.

I'm not surprised about the Vandervoort or the Torv or Jackson. I am surprised that the Kaley Cuoco auto remains so high. I thought for sure it would settle at below $300.
February 11, 2013, 04:19 PM
alterna-tv
I thought that shortly after this release, Cryptozoic said that they were working on a next set but I have not heard anything since. Fringe has obviously now finished its five season run, so is it safe to assume that there will NOT be anymore Fringe cards? Or is there something in the works after all?
February 11, 2013, 04:59 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by alterna-tv:
I thought that shortly after this release, Cryptozoic said that they were working on a next set but I have not heard anything since. Fringe has obviously now finished its five season run, so is it safe to assume that there will NOT be anymore Fringe cards? Or is there something in the works after all?

There is another Fringe set on the way...it is due in May of this year (although it could be delayed).
February 20, 2013, 12:10 PM
ts
Their Facebook page shows pictures of some of the autos from the new set.

Signers include...
-Seth Gabel
-Eugene Lipinski
-John Noble
-Leonard Nimoy
-Paula Giroday
-Monte Markham
-Anna Torv
-Blair Brown
-Jasika Nicole
April 02, 2013, 01:25 PM
Scott Gaeta
New wardrobe cards added to our Fringe album on Facebook:

Fringe Album

April 03, 2013, 06:24 AM
HIM
Holding out hopes for a Jared Harris auto at some point.

April 03, 2013, 01:34 PM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Holding out hopes for a Jared Harris auto at some point.

If not. You can do what I did. Make one and send to him. He does sign through the mail.

April 03, 2013, 04:58 PM
Chuck Bartowski
Love that there are 10 (9 box inserted) wardrobes of Dunham. Looks like it's going to be a really fun break...hope to see some duals wardrobe cards, and would love dual wardrobes featuring A Universe and B Universe versions of the characters.
April 12, 2013, 06:27 PM
ts
Just redid my "Fringe" matte. Just waiting for Orla Brady. As you can see their is a mix of the official Cryptozoic cards and my customs.

April 17, 2013, 02:09 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Will this release be out by the time Allentown rolls around?(I kind of doubt it.) Does anyone know?

May 02, 2013, 02:52 PM
Chuck Bartowski
Release date has been added to the website and is indicated as May 15th; however there still isn't a checklist. Do we know if the checklist will be posted soon?
May 03, 2013, 12:55 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Release date has been added to the website and is indicated as May 15th; however there still isn't a checklist. Do we know if the checklist will be posted soon?

Some how I doubt we'll see it on the 15th.

Unless Breygent starts taking orders in Philly, the solicitation for dealer orders has not gone out yet. And that's less than 2 weeks away.

Maybe May, but I doubt the 15th. (Go ahead Tom, prove me wrong. Thumb Up )

Ed

May 03, 2013, 12:58 AM
Chuck Bartowski
This is CZE and not Breygent.

I would still be surprised at May 15th since the checklist isn't up, but if I remember correctly this happened with the first Fringe release as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Some how I doubt we'll see it on the 15th.

Unless Breygent starts taking orders in Philly, the solicitation for dealer orders has not gone out yet. And that's less than 2 weeks away.

Maybe May, but I doubt the 15th. (Go ahead Tom, prove me wrong. Thumb Up )

Ed

May 03, 2013, 01:06 AM
Scifi Cards
Yes, yes it is... I really should be asleep right now.

For some reason my mind was thinking Grimm.

Better call it a night before I completely make a fool of myself.

Ed

May 03, 2013, 09:13 AM
snoopy351
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
This is CZE and not Breygent.

I would still be surprised at May 15th since the checklist isn't up, but if I remember correctly this happened with the first Fringe release as well.

This is definitely releasing May 15th.
May 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
Logan
The checklist is up on Cryptozoic's site:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/site...ge_web_checklist.pdf
May 03, 2013, 10:26 PM
Jason00
No A2 -- looks like Josh didn't return his cards this time around Frown

May 06, 2013, 02:20 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Cryptozoic told me at Allentown these are coming out May 15th. Straight from the proverbial horse's mouth.