Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander - Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlander - Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Right, now Henshall has signed, I'm getting greedy. Tim McInnerny next please.

I'm hoping for Tim too. I've been a big fan of his from the 'Blackadder' days. Smile If he does sign it's hopeful that he'll also sign for the next Game of Thrones set...even with different card manufacturers.

With most of the cast signing, surely they can get Balfe to sign too?! Pretty please... Big Grin It does make us sound greedy, but we're all a little OCD with this hobby. I certainly am! Big Grin

ah yes,everyone was awesome in Blackadder
btw video here
http://blog.outlanderhomepage....+(Outlander+Homepage)
shows some unseen costume cards

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great new addition!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another awesome addition!! Clap Bouncey

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Another awesome addition!! Clap Bouncey

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
this just made my day
the card I wanted the most to be included

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two main characters to go then...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date confirmed as November 16th. So no Caitriona Balfe or Stephen Walters.

Shame. They were so close.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set seems to be doing quite well out the gate. I'm glad to see it. Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Depends where you're looking from. From the UK, it's awful. No one's stocked it because it's so expensive and it's such a minority interest set.

Prices per card online are absurd for all but the most common two or three autos.

Early days though, so hopefully some more dealers will come along, but if it doesn't become more available and prices don't settle to something more sane, I won't be collecting this at all, which is very disappointing as it was my most anticipated Crypto release this year.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I totally understand where you're coming from ravenheart. I myself have yet to buy anything from this though not for a lack of trying. I made a few (what I thought were) reasonable best offers which were declined. I'm just rooting for the set to be a success -- at least enough of a success where Cryptozoic won't hesitate to keep making Outlander sets. And that appears to be the case. It seems all too often anymore initial sets underperform and I immediately begin to wonder if Crypto will continue on with the line or just give up (Penny Dreadful and Downton Abbey being prime examples). Again that doesn't seem to be something we have to worry about here.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not judging my some of the absurd prices I've seen people paying for autos in this already. Sam Houghton has sold for anything between $100 and $400. I think it's definitely fair to say there are one or two people in the US who are very keen indeed.

I now know of at least one UK dealer who will be getting at least some of this, pending delays on the binders.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not judging my some of the absurd prices I've seen people paying for autos in this already. Sam Houghton has sold for anything between $100 and $400. I think it's definitely fair to say there are one or two people in the US who are very keen indeed.

I now know of at least one UK dealer who will be getting at least some of this, pending delays on the binders.

Same for me. Should be getting a couple of boxes soon, but the binders might not be here until Christmas, if then.

This is the first time I've ordered cryptozoic product, I've only ever bought a few Penny Dreadful singles before. Although the Outlander set looks great, I don't see me paying silly prices for other autos and cards. I'll be happy with what I have from my boxes. My budget won't stretch to much more going by early evilbay prices. I'm hoping that I at least get a complete base set! Maybe in time the prices will drop if the sales stall at the current levels...we hope!

This is so much more expensive than RA products, and that is not just the poor exchange rate! It's great that a set has been made, but so wish RA or Breygent had the licence. Roll Eyes

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just been looking on evilbay and seen several autograph cards for Tim McInnery. It's a UK seller, and they seem to have only that auto card and lots of them with a few variations. They look genuine....but they're not in the Cryptozoic checklist? Did they not get returned by Tim in time and someone bought them?

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Just been looking on evilbay and seen several autograph cards for Tim McInnery. It's a UK seller, and they seem to have only that auto card and lots of them with a few variations. They look genuine....but they're not in the Cryptozoic checklist? Did they not get returned by Tim in time and someone bought them?

How very Unstoppable of them...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I asked Crypto about these. This was their response:

"These are cards that were planned to be a part of the set but were apparently lost in the mail and never returned. We did not release these cards in any way. As such, we cannot verify the validity of the signatures and they are not officially part of the set."

Logically, if they were lost in the mail on the way to Tim to be signed, Crypto would have either sent him a new batch, or said in their above response that they know he never received them, therefore the signature is not authentic. Therefore, they were lost in the mail on the way back to Crpto. I'd therefore say, especially as this is apparently the cheapest Outlander card on the market, they are authentic signatures.

Given that the seller only really sells cheap household tat, I don't see them spending the last few weeks making sure they used the right kind of pen, replicating Tim's signature from internet photos, coming up with plausible variants, etc. They're an opportunist who got lucky, is my guess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

"These are cards that were planned to be a part of the set but were apparently lost in the mail and never returned. We did not release these cards in any way. As such, we cannot verify the validity of the signatures and they are not officially part of the set."

Logically, if they were lost in the mail on the way to Tim to be signed, Crypto would have either sent him a new batch, or said in their above response that they know he never received them, therefore the signature is not authentic. Therefore, they were lost in the mail on the way back to Crpto. I'd therefore say, especially as this is apparently the cheapest Outlander card on the market, they are authentic signatures.

Given that the seller only really sells cheap household tat, I don't see them spending the last few weeks making sure they used the right kind of pen, replicating Tim's signature from internet photos, coming up with plausible variants, etc. They're an opportunist who got lucky, is my guess.

So I don't know who you are talking about, since this is apparently going on in Merry Old England, and I'm just reading this story as it is being presented.

If this is correct, it's not lucky, it's probably criminal if Crypto wants to pursue it. Somebody in some manner, got a hold of the licensed cards CZE made, that they intended and maybe paid Tim McInnery to sign, and is now selling the autographed cards for their own profit. If this is true, how is that not criminal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

So I don't know who you are talking about, since this is apparently going on in Merry Old England, and I'm just reading this story as it is being presented.

If this is correct, it's not lucky, it's probably criminal if Crypto wants to pursue it. Somebody in some manner, got a hold of the licensed cards CZE made, that they intended and maybe paid Tim McInnery to sign, and is now selling the autographed cards for their own profit. If this is true, how is that not criminal?

If you do a worldwide search or search on the uk evilbay you'll find the cards easily if anyone wants to look. Only one seller selling Tim McInnery cards.

That's what I was wondering about, as to how they have a batch of them. It would seem to cover a potential grey area as to how the seller acquired them. CZE probably think it's too small fry to investigate it, especially as it's not one of the big two or three signers in the set.

The cards would seem legit, but the source is a question mark. For the cheaper £9.99 it's tempting to try the wares and see what it's like in hand. Of course that fuels the murky waters of dodgy selling. It would fill a hole in my collection of favourite character actors though. Hmmm...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I would imagine that if they stole them, it is, and if they found them in some way, it isn't. Not that I can think of a plausible way they could have achieved either of those things. Unless they're a Royal Mail employee by day, perhaps.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Even if they found them they don't have the right to sell them. The £9.99 cards they say "more than 10" available. Perhaps Tim sold them to the seller once he realised he was too late to send them in!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Perhaps Tim sold them to the seller once he realised he was too late to send them in!!!!!

I wondered that, but I really doubt he would have. That would certainly breach his contract with Crypto and open him up to litigation.

They've got plenty of all three variants, so it does look like they came by the whole box.