Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CZX Crisis On Infinite Earths (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZX Crisis On Infinite Earths (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
As they just minutes ago confirmed the somewhat ridiculous release date of January 5th for this, may as well start a thread for it.

For those who don't know, this is a DC Arrowverse thing, so if you weren't interested in their Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl sets, you won't care about this either.

https://cryptozoic.com/product...s-on-infinite-earths

It's a premium set, six-pack boxes, containing one autograph, one sketch, one wardrobe card, one of their silly STR PWR chase cards, one base set parallel card, and presumably the rest is base cards (of which there are 50).

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love the shows but am extremely dubious about the viability of a super premium card set for low rated TV shows , half of which are no longer being made and the episodes being covered were shown two years ago !

It's not like there are any massive stars either like there was with the similar release for the DC movies . At least there was a chance with that set of a big hit like Gal Gadot .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Kandor Archives
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh cards!

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I love the shows but am extremely dubious about the viability of a super premium card set for low rated TV shows , half of which are no longer being made and the episodes being covered were shown two years ago !

It's not like there are any massive stars either like there was with the similar release for the DC movies . At least there was a chance with that set of a big hit like Gal Gadot .

I don't think it's entirely fair to call a group of shows with a combined range of 37 seasons (not even counting the few made by other networks) and counting "low rated". After all, if that were true, they'd have all been cancelled years ago.

As for stars, it depends who they get. After all, they don't need to have "stars" that are relevant outside of these shows. All they needs to do is get the stars of this. Those, as they have proven in previous sets, attract the big bucks with no problem at all. Unless they haven't got any of them to sign again. In which case they're screwed.

But yes, they have taken far too long to do this. Even fans of the shows have moved on from that cross-over. And it wasn't even that good.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You wait this long, just to rush it out 2 weeks after Christmas with no warning. Does anybody still left in Cryptozoic's card division know anything about card collectors? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I don't think it's entirely fair to call a group of shows with a combined range of 37 seasons (not even counting the few made by other networks) and counting "low rated". After all, if that were true, they'd have all been cancelled years ago.

As for stars, it depends who they get. After all, they don't need to have "stars" that are relevant outside of these shows. All they needs to do is get the stars of this. Those, as they have proven in previous sets, attract the big bucks with no problem at all. Unless they haven't got any of them to sign again. In which case they're screwed.

But yes, they have taken far too long to do this. Even fans of the shows have moved on from that cross-over. And it wasn't even that good.

I was really talking about the " stars " aspect because of the expected retail price which is supposedly similar to the DC movies release . Sure Grant Gustin , Melissa Benoist , and Stephen Amell will fetch decent prices but not " movie star " prices .

Regarding the low ratings I am just going by the figures released every week . The CW routinely renews shows that would be cancelled after one season on any of the big four networks because of low ratings .

I actually enjoyed the cross over event even though here in the UK the Batwoman episode aired about six months after the others Roll Eyes because it was on a different network Shake Head .

The one thing that might help this set is the continuing trend of sports collectors coming into non sports ( mainly for profit sadly Frown ) . This is the sort of high end set they are more used to .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Autographs Signers Checklist

Brandon Routh as Superman/The Atom/Ray Palmer
Caity Lotz as Black Canary/White Canary/Sara Lance
Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost/Caitlin Snow
Erica Durrance as Alura Zor-El/Lois Lane
Grant Gustin as Flash/Barry Allen
Jes Macallan as Ava Sharpe
Jesse Rath as Brainiac 5/Querl Dox
Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak
Katie Cassidy as Black Canary/Laurel Lance
Marv Wolfman as Author
Mehcad Brooks as The Guardian/James Olsen
Melissa Benoist as Supergirl/Kara Danvers
Nicole Maines as Dreamer/Nia Nal
Osric Chau as Ryan Choi
Rick Gonzalez as Wild Dog/Rene Ramirez
Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox
Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
Stephen Lobo as Spectre/Jim Corrigan
Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Pariah/Reverse Flash
Tom Welling as Clark Kent

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Is that a good enough checklist? I only know of 7 signers (Welling, Arnell, Benoist, Cassidy, Gustin, Durrance and Routh) that might have value based on past cards, but I didn't watch these shows.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I would say it is not bad, they got all the stars to sign, and Tom Welling has never signed for any card set, so that will be popular as well. Keep in mind that there will also be sketches in each box, and word has it that they are all high quality so odds are box breaks will be decent. Buyers should have a decent chance of getting some nice pulls, but of course there will be some disappoints as well but that’s true with any set.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Autographs Signers Checklist

Brandon Routh as Superman/The Atom/Ray Palmer
Caity Lotz as Black Canary/White Canary/Sara Lance
Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost/Caitlin Snow
Erica Durrance as Alura Zor-El/Lois Lane
Grant Gustin as Flash/Barry Allen
Jes Macallan as Ava Sharpe
Jesse Rath as Brainiac 5/Querl Dox
Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak
Katie Cassidy as Black Canary/Laurel Lance
Marv Wolfman as Author
Mehcad Brooks as The Guardian/James Olsen
Melissa Benoist as Supergirl/Kara Danvers
Nicole Maines as Dreamer/Nia Nal
Osric Chau as Ryan Choi
Rick Gonzalez as Wild Dog/Rene Ramirez
Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox
Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
Stephen Lobo as Spectre/Jim Corrigan
Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Pariah/Reverse Flash
Tom Welling as Clark Kent

And more!

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The checklist looks solid but a lot depends on the price. There's a discussion over at Blowout with people saying there's limited distribution and potentially inflated presale prices.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I rarely find a straight answer on Blowout and that Crisis discussion is no exception. On page 1 everybody says its stale and cheesy and who wants it. By the last page it says most of it is shipping to China and it will come out at $400 a box because of gouging retailers. Talk about doing 180s and it's the same people. There is so much hype over there, you never know what to believe. Roll Eyes

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
They’re going to be expensive regardless, because they cost a truckload as a seller to order…I really hope they’re SUPER loaded boxes….

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave & Adam's Card World is preselling boxes for $329.95:

https://www.dacardworld.com/en...-box-cryptozoic-2019

According to the Blowout thread mentioned earlier, most distributers priced boxes around $215.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Is that a good enough checklist? I only know of 7 signers (Welling, Arnell, Benoist, Cassidy, Gustin, Durrance and Routh) that might have value based on past cards, but I didn't watch these shows.

I think McNamara/MacAllan/Maines/Lotz will all be popular as well- the first three have never signed for any sets before and Lotz was always a popular signature in the past- any main/prominent guest star female cards for the CW sets usually do well.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:

According to the Blowout thread mentioned earlier, most distributers priced boxes around $215.

Yeah, but there are questions about allocation, so if they don't want to honor that price, it's easy to say the order has to be cancelled because they got cut and what can you do? Funny that $215 a box gets to be deemed a bargain these days. It wasn't so long ago that non-sport card collectors would have been fainting. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember in the 1990s when the standard box was $ 40 to 60, and when stuff like Marvel Masterpieces 96, Disney Premium, and the Marvel Flair sets came out for $ 85 and up, that was considered to be outrageous.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:

Yeah, but there are questions about allocation, so if they don't want to honor that price, it's easy to say the order has to be cancelled because they got cut and what can you do? Funny that $215 a box gets to be deemed a bargain these days. It wasn't so long ago that non-sport card collectors would have been fainting. Big Grin

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny that $215 a box gets to be deemed a bargain these days. It wasn't so long ago that non-sport card collectors would have been fainting. Big Grin

Non sport card collectors are still fainting, i don't think it is card collectors as we know them who are buying these boxes.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Kandor Archives
posted Hide Post
Delayed once more until January 19 according to the Cryptozoic Twitter.

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the big three signed 100 cards each, and Amell/Gustin did 20 duals.