Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hobbit
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Graham:
Autograph signers are up on the Cryptozoic website, looks like no Martin Freeman or Ian Mckellan Frown

On Cryptozoic's facebook post when these signers were first announced, they stated: "There are still contracts we are waiting to receive, which means more names to announce in the coming weeks".

So, there's still a chance for some of the main cast to sign...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I know not of Cryptozoic's methodology as far as the release of autographs are concerned, but it seems to me that there is some plan. Firstly they have all the dwarves in one batch. It would be good if Cryptozoics could let us know their plans. We need to take one step at a time, and trust in the company. If they fail, then all will be lost. If they succeed like Topps did, then this could be a glorious set.

It could be that they are waiting to release Bilbo's auto with that of Smaug. What an amazing double autograph that would be.

Lets hope Cryptozoic have some fantastic plans for us the collectors. I hope it builds into an amazing set!!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:

So, there's still a chance for some of the main cast to sign...

The auto list is a good chunk of the main cast, they're just not all the best-known actors.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope the ones they're waiting for are the "bigger" names, otherwise as it looks like this will not have costumes or props in, it's definitely not going to be worth paying for a box.

There are several names in the released list I definitely want to add to my collection, but when it comes to a box, it's about potential value for money, and when you're only getting one per box, there's no one on that list which will justify the £50 minimum a box will cost. Could very easily end up with a base set, a couple of useless subset cards, and a £10 autograph!

Fingers crossed for those remaining signers!

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The autographs from the LotR sets were really everything you could want as far as having the opportunity to collect signatures of major actors. Not just in terms of the main cast, but in just having major actors. Even now this many years later I am surprised at the listed prices for Viggo and Cate. Their certified cards should be in far greater demand than the prices indicate.

Anyway, I don't think the autograph list that will eventually come out of the Hobbit films can be compared to what we got out of the original Topps sets.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think they'll figure out a way to get some more cameos of people from the LOTR movies in the third Hobbit film as a way of tying it all together, so when it's all said and done, they might have a lot of the same potential signers from one trilogy to the next. Certainly some highlights of the Hobbit films so far were seeing Frodo, Galadriel, Gollum, and Sarumen in the first one and now Legolas in part two. For the next movie, I hope they'll at least have cameos from Aragorn, King Elrond, Arwen, and older Bilbo (Ian Holm). Those along with Gandalf would make 10 signers from the first trilogy who could sign for the second.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Actually, Peter Jackson was in the 2nd hobbit film. Just for a few secs, he was at the beginning of the film setting at Bree. He came out biting a piece of carrot

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can get Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert to sign for the "Smaug" set, since he had a cameo as one of the Laketown spies.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I watched the 6 episodes of "Jekyll" starring James Nesbitt this weekend. He was great in that and I'll have to add his auto to my collection!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really love the Topps LOTR edition and especially the autographed cards.
So it was a pity to learn that they won't release the Hobbit.
Before Cryptozoic announced that they will do it I decided to create my own trading card autographs,
quite close to the Topps cards, and sent them to all the actors.
I am very happy about the feedback.

Here is one result. Maybe you like it :-)

The design:

The first result

If you want to see more of my autographed card that I received, please follow this link:

The Hobbit - Autographed Cards

There will be more in a few days. I need some time to scan Wink

Thank you!!!

Posts: 24 | Location: Europe | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Congrats! They all look great. Checked your FB.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
really nice design! I saw the image first and I was overjoyed by 'Crypto's design':0) I'm sure they'll a great job still, hopefully they will be horizontal as well

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! I love them!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
New release date: June 25th, 2014

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I am sure they said Q1, they will be lucky to make Q2. However,if it's going to be good, it's worth waiting for. Just maybe they have decided to add more sketches into the boxes. We live in hope,

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has updated the signer list. It looks like they got everyone to sign except Ian McKellen:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ourney-trading-cards

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can only imagine how rare and expensive the Martin Freeman card will be. Frown

Surprised, they did not get McKellen. He is a great signer. He just appeared on Broadway with Patrick Stewart and was signing for everyone ttm.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Can only imagine how rare and expensive the Martin Freeman card will be. Frown

Surprised, they did not get McKellen. He is a great signer. He just appeared on Broadway with Patrick Stewart and was signing for everyone ttm.

They might be keeping him back for the second and third sets.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Actually, Peter Jackson was in the 2nd hobbit film. Just for a few secs, he was at the beginning of the film setting at Bree. He came out biting a piece of carrot

He also appeared as the same character in Fellowship of the Ring. The character's name is Albert Dreary and he was munching on a carrot in his Fellowship cameo too. =)

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

Nobody has said the list of signers is complete yet. Thumb Up

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post