Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hobbit
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
You are reading the description correctly. Each box will have just one autograph card as the main and only hit. You should also get four chase cards but they can't be seen as 'hits'. Sketch card frequency has not been determined yet, so not even certain to be one per case.

Precisely why I won't be buying a box. Simply not worth the asking price unless they break their sacred (and stingy) one autograph rule, which frankly, in the absence of wardrobe/prop cards, which would be the second hit in almost all of their other sets, they really should.

I understand what you mean, its not worth the asking price for you and my guess some others as well but I will say what I tell most in this scenario, I'm just happy someone is doing a set, while I might not go for it, at least it is available for those who do want to go for it, and a so called overpriced set is better than no set at all. PS (I say so called because its an eye of the beholder thing, for some its fine others its not and so on)

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I can understand people's reluctance with only one hit, but if you are a Tolkein fan then you miss this issue at your peril. Cryptozoic are still a young company and they will learn from their mistakes. If they put 2-4 sketches in a case with high quality sketches, it will sell out quickly. I am looking forward to this release. People seem to forget that not so long ago you might find just one hit per case!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a release date yet? Just says Q2 on their site...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We've not been given a firm date yet.

With 9 actors still needing to return autos, it could be 3Q pretty easy. The date usually does not firm up until the autos are back.

Or, they could all arrive next week. One never knows.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Martin Freeman and Ian Holm have returned their cards. Images here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ourney-trading-cards

Being a huge Sherlock fan I definitely have to get me a Martin Freeman auto.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Martin Freeman is a great signing

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
only 7 more signers left to go. This is going to be one of my favorite sets. Love anything LOTR / Hobbit and the cast is great! I think the images on these ended up being outstanding!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! Soooooooo pumped for this set!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Just two signers to go. Looks like a super set.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is one to assume one auto per box?

Also, no costumes for this set?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

Yep, those are correct. The only thing not yet announced are the insertion rate for sketches,

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

Yep, those are correct. The only thing not yet announced are the insertion rate for sketches,

OK, thanks! Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the autographs are in!!!! Not long now, hopefully...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Looks like the release date for this set is July 30th. This is the release date listed by one of the big online dealers.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we'll see some new sketches and their insertion rates soon. Looking forward to this release!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Lots of new info up on Cryptozoic's site. Sketches will be 1 in every 4 boxes (so 3 in a case). Redemptions for oversized dual auto cards, a 1 of 1 One Ring metal card, etc. Lots of new stuff announced today!

posted Hide Post
OH...

MY...

GOD!!!

Was already excited for this aet, but now... Would love one of those Freeman/Serkis cards, or the Holm/Freeman card... or that One Ring card...

Need. More. Boxes.

Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic listen to collectors - now they have made it a premier release. Well done Cryptozoic!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This does look spectacular! Eek This may be the best set Cryptozoic has ever done (thus far).

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
July 9 official release date has been announced along with the full checklist here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/site...checklist_finalo.pdf