Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Upper Deck Marvel Premier Emotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upper Deck Marvel Premier Emotion
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm confused here. Is this a separate product from Marvel Premier? Is this the same base set without the sketches? If it is, can we tell the difference in the base cards? Are the Classic Corners and Emotion Booklets part of Marvel Premier? I think I'm getting lost in all the gimmicks. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
This is a look at the two "insert sets" in Marvel Premier...the Evolve Booklets and the Classic Corners.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Iggy, I'm not so sure...

It reads like it's a different product entirely.

Doesn't matter, can't buy it anyway so they can have it both ways if they want.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
They're from the Marvel Premier set. UD recently released an updated sell sheet with more images.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I read that sell sheet as confusing. The first bullet point reads as if the base cards are drawn as sketches and what they're showing in this sell sheet is the "Non sketch version of the base set......". But they're not, right? They are just the base cards to this release. Plus, when are there base cards that are made from sketches to make them state that these are non sketch versions...as if we typically expect that??

The third bullet point credits NAR as doing original art and Jason as doing one-of-one original art. Is there a difference?

I don't know, it just seems like they're trying to be confusing. Or they're college graduates who's working there as interns trying too hard to impress someone since it's they're first real job they can add to they're resume. (just a guess) Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goldenavenger,

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
The third bullet point credits NAR as doing original art and Jason as doing one-of-one original art. Is there a difference?
My interpretation is that NAR has done the original artwork for each of the Emotion Booklet cards and that there are 50 copies of each of the cards. So the booklets have prints of NARs work not an original sketch in each one. Jason Adams has provided individual sketches on each of the booklets but these probably include multiple repeat images rather than a completely different sketch for each card.

So it looks like the idea that people might be getting original 1 of 1 sketches by NAR isn't actually the case.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes.

Elephant Elephant Elephant

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
My interpretation is that NAR has done the original artwork for each of the Emotion Booklet cards and that there are 50 copies of each of the cards. So the booklets have prints of NARs work not an original sketch in each one. Jason Adams has provided individual sketches on each of the booklets but these probably include multiple repeat images rather than a completely different sketch for each card.

So it looks like the idea that people might be getting original 1 of 1 sketches by NAR isn't actually the case.

Yeah, it's been worded that NAR wasn't 1-of-1 since day 1... but the question is whether he's doing "other" sketches. According to a poster or two here/@ Scoundrel he is, but haven't seen any other confirmation.

Posts: 14 | Location: Indiana, USA | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:

I read it the same way, except that Jason Adams doesn't actually do sketches. His art is a sort of layered stamping or paper cuttings. I can't find the thread where he explained it, but its on Card Talk somewhere.

Anyway, I would take the Emotion Booklets to be a limited Nar print and a hand crafted cover by Adams.

I still can't figure out if this is a different product from Marvel Premier or a sub-set of the same.

As for the UD sell sheets, if the ScarJo mock up autograph card on Avengers didn't tell you all you needed to know about them, then I don't know what will. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Each card I did was hand painted. Each is unique to itself.

Personally, I think they are pretty neat. But I'm biased.

Hopefully some of you guys will like them too. The examples shown are actual cards I painted, no mockups.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
As for the UD sell sheets, if the ScarJo mock up autograph card on Avengers didn't tell you all you needed to know about them, then I don't know what will. Wink

Well said.

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I am confused. It says original Nar art. Does that mean it is a sketch or art he did for this series? If no NAR then that made an easy decision for me to not purchase these.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I am confused. It says original Nar art. Does that mean it is a sketch or art he did for this series? If no NAR then that made an easy decision for me to not purchase these.

The way it is worded, the art in the Emotion cards is by NAR! and was done just for this set. But, they are not NAR! unique original sketches. The front has unique "sketch" art by Jason Adams.

No idea if there are NAR! sketches in the set at all, since UDE has failed to produce an artist list for this one.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
You could say NAR! and Adams both did original 1/1 artwork for Emotion cards but one artist had it printed on the card (NAR!) and the other produced it right on the card (Adams).

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
thats a little misleading on the NAR. I think I will pass on this release.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post