Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2020 Pop Century Announcement.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Pop Century Announcement.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
. . . plus its a book. At least you can play a CD. Big Grin

I have 150 year old books I can read, and CDs I bought 20 years ago that have bit rot.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there are so many cuts this time. . .

Kilmer surprises me since he already has a bunch of autograph cards.

I liked their random in person autographs (Leaf Limited Inscriptions) a lot better than these cuts. . . I have been tempted on a couple, but haven't pulled the trigger.

I think there is only one autograph I'm going to chase this year. . . if I see good deals on a few others I might pick them up.

Not a bad release, but not much I have to have. . . and I still wish they would drop the chrome/metal and go back to the classic stock.

I also find it kind of unprofessional that one of Michelle Johnson's cards is a photo of Amy Jo Johnson and Leaf isn't going to fix it. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Yeah, but it been working so far for all the card makers because the autograph is now in card form, which is supposed to be a rare item, and the signature is now thought to be certified in some manner beyond the original source material.

That's sort of the argument. I collect cards, not autographed books or cds. However, I personally do not like it when the auto comes from those items. Some card companies take previously signed cards and use those, and it drives me crazy.

The only exceptions (again, for me) are things like personal checks or letters, that sort of stuff.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cuts -- as with most things it comes down to how well it is implemented. . .

The Hillary / Chelsea Clinton cuts are horrible IMHO. I haven't seen the full item before it was cut, but I assume nearly all of Hillary's last name was hacked off to make the card. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Most of them appear to have come from signed books, which is easy for Leaf to order dozens of for cuts.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Most of them appear to have come from signed books, which is easy for Leaf to order dozens of for cuts.

Yeah, but there is an issue with signed books because sometimes what you get is an autopen signature and you don't realize it until you see other copies. Celebrities often see no difference between hand signed and any other kind of signed, or at least they pretend not to know the difference. So let's hope that Leaf picked up the right signed books.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having all the autographs serial numbered is an interesting tactic. . . I definitely paid more for an autograph today than I would have if it wasn't numbered only because I know how few exist (at least in this release).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having all the autographs serial numbered is an interesting tactic. . . I definitely paid more for an autograph today than I would have if it wasn't numbered only because I know how few exist (at least in this release).

So many different colored parallels and not being sure if every color was signed by every celebrity makes things a bit confusing. My best guess for Ricci is around 200 to 250 total signatures.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post