Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2020 Pop Century Announcement.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Pop Century Announcement.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Meg Ryan.

https://www.blowoutcards.com/b...ntury-trading-cards/

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Also more Harrison Ford, Charlie Sheen and John Travolta autographs. Very limited, I'm sure. Wink

And did you catch the dual autograph card for Harrison Ford and Daisy Ridley. She has a full signature.

Ridley stopped including her last name on her signatures almost as soon as anyone heard of her name. Just how old are these stickers? Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always love the Pop Century releases, and from a star perspective they keep getting better and better, although for me, personally -- they just aren't feeling fresh anymore.

I'm really happy to have another shot at a Harrison Ford autograph, but I already have just about all the people announced. I personally won't be chasing Meg Ryan, but I think she is a soild new signer.

Also, I'd like to see them get away from the chrome/metal.

Not sure what I will do this year. . . I picked up some boxes last year and chased a few individual autographs.

I am hoping the extended checklist will have more names I'd like to chase.

Maybe with so many movie/tv productions shut down and so many celebs cooped up companies like Leaf will be able to get new and exciting signers!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Cheech and Chong dual in green foil is a nice touch. This is the time of year people working on various movie and TV sets get excited for a chance to add on to them. I usually just get singles, but I might try my luck on a box or two.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Maybe with so many movie/tv productions shut down and so many celebs cooped up companies like Leaf will be able to get new and exciting signers!

That might be true for future products, but this is coming out in August, so its probably mainly stickers that they had from before the shutdown.

I always liked Pop Century too, but the higher prices have made it harder for me to buy boxes. You have some excellent signers among many people you would never want yourself, so it really is a grab bag. I think last year's Metal is still around $150 with no discounts. Anybody know how much this will be per box?

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

That might be true for future products, but this is coming out in August, so its probably mainly stickers that they had from before the shutdown.

They actually started soliciting people months ago on Twitter, including Mark Cuban, who is on the sell sheet.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

They actually started soliciting people months ago on Twitter, including Mark Cuban, who is on the sell sheet.

I know it seems like forever, but months ago was before the shutdown in mid-March. You seemed to be talking about Leaf acquiring brand new signers after the shut down because they were bored or cash strapped. A very good possibility, but that will be for future inventory.

Pop Century always has a lot of repeat names from year to year and then they add a few new ones, just like Meg Ryan. It's the benefit of having saved signed stickers. I would really be surprised if that Daisy Ridley wasn't a few years old. She just doesn't seem to lay down a full signature for cards since "Daisy" got famous, but of course there can always be exceptions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know it seems like forever, but months ago was before the shutdown in mid-March. You seemed to be talking about Leaf acquiring brand new signers after the shut down because they were bored or cash strapped. A very good possibility, but that will be for future inventory.

Months ago was late April -- post shutdown.

https://twitter.com/leafceo/st.../1254504661001949186

I had no intention to start an argument.

I'm done responding to this.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Jon, your idea of an argument is not mine. If people can't exchange polite comments on a forum, there will be no forums.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always love the Pop Century releases, and from a star perspective they keep getting better and better, although for me, personally -- they just aren't feeling fresh anymore.

I'm really happy to have another shot at a Harrison Ford autograph, but I already have just about all the people announced. I personally won't be chasing Meg Ryan, but I think she is a soild new signer.

Also, I'd like to see them get away from the chrome/metal.

Not sure what I will do this year. . . I picked up some boxes last year and chased a few individual autographs.

I am hoping the extended checklist will have more names I'd like to chase.

Certainly the best time ever to get auto's with celebs at home with time to kill and probably returned them quickly too. I fancy some new ones for August

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jon, your idea of an argument is not mine. If people can't exchange polite comments on a forum, there will be no forums.

To be honest I often feel like you are arguing with me, or debating me, or trying to contradict me, or making assumptions about what I say. Perhaps that is just your style, I have no idea, and I have no idea if others see the same thing.

I've posted less frequently because of it. Perhaps you see it as 'polite comments,' I see it as constantly having to watch every word I type to prevent having to defend every word I type.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Off topic, but to clear the air, we both post a lot. It is my impression that we agree much more often than we disagree and that its all a matter of opinion anyway, but our posts often follow each other. I do like a debate, but I don't regard it as an argument as long as no insults are thrown. I'm not upset by anything you ever said to me and you know you have said plenty too Big Grin, but If my remarks have made you uncomfortable I apologize. Please feel free to post anything you chose, I will not make any comment.

And please return to the topic of the thread. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

To be honest I often feel like you are arguing with me, or debating me, or trying to contradict me, or making assumptions about what I say. Perhaps that is just your style, I have no idea, and I have no idea if others see the same thing.

I've posted less frequently because of it. Perhaps you see it as 'polite comments,' I see it as constantly having to watch every word I type to prevent having to defend every word I type.

I have to agree, I have often typed a whole post and then deleted it because I know what's coming. A challenge to every comment is tiring.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Guess my first impression was "****! More ugly metal cards!" Can't ever see myself getting a box or case of these, will always just pick out the few sigs I am hunting. Pop Century used to have a classic design that didn't hurt your eyes to look at.

Although this is a first announcement (which actually feels a little late) with so few new signers promoted it does feel like a sticker left over set. Hopefully it will develop out over the next several weeks.

As of right now Meg and possibly Nina are the only two on my list.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Guess my first impression was "****! More ugly metal cards!" Can't ever see myself getting a box or case of these, will always just pick out the few sigs I am hunting. Pop Century used to have a classic design that didn't hurt your eyes to look at.

Although this is a first announcement (which actually feels a little late) with so few new signers promoted it does feel like a sticker left over set. Hopefully it will develop out over the next several weeks.

Totally agree the old style Pop Century -- pre-metal had such a classic design.

Nina is another great auto, I have hers from Marco's sets so I personally won't be chasing that one.

Has she signed for Pop Century before?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody know how much this will be per box?

Just got Ed's newsletter this morning -- priced at $160 a box.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it sounds like they're going to unload their leftovers with this one as they set up for the next one.

quote:

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nina is another great auto, I have hers from Marco's sets so I personally won't be chasing that one.

??? Marco's???

I don't believe she has signed for Pop or Vampire.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

??? Marco's???

I don't believe she has signed for Pop or Vampire.

Marco Guerrero of 258 West Authentic.
They did generic autograph cards in the vein of Pop Century for stars of Supernatural, True Blood, Glee, Doctor Who. They had a couple for Game of Throne's Emilia Clarke and Person of Interest's Sarah Shahi.
There were also some signed mini-prints of stars from Heroes (original).

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Marco Guerrero of 258 West Authentic.
They did generic autograph cards in the vein of Pop Century for stars of Supernatural, True Blood, Glee, Doctor Who. They had a couple for Game of Throne's Emilia Clarke and Person of Interest's Sarah Shahi.
There were also some signed mini-prints of stars from Heroes (original).

Ahh ok, I have seen those. Are all of them oversized cards?

I have one of Zachary Levi. Also have two or three of the Timem cards.