Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Card Company Announces Its First Series...Misfits The Story So Far
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Card Company Announces Its First Series...Misfits The Story So Far
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We have a story on the blog today about a new U.K.- based card company called Pop Culture Company. They're shooting to have their first series, based on the hit series Misfits, out by Christmas. There's more about the new company and series on the blog here:

Pop Culture Company Storms The Scene

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm from the U.K. but can't say I've heard of the show.

It's nice to see another U.K. card manufacturer, I hope it works well for Pop Culture.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the project Anthony, hope it all goes well for you. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
At last LIFT OFF!!, good luck Anthony! Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
and suddenly I have a new show to check out on Hulu lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I haven't been watching it but it has been hugely successful for E4. It's about mutants in prison or possibly doing community service.

Good luck, Anthony!

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would appear that he has good relations with C4 so maybe the 1st of many??

The Inbetweeners would be a good one? Smile

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I'll be keeping an eye on new releases!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. I'll be making regular announcements over the next few weeks. This is nerve wracking, and the most fun I've ever had, at the same time. Imagine you get to make your own cards. You pick your favourite show, and manage to talk the great team at Channel Four into letting you make their show into your set. Then, you get to pick the best people who made some of your favourite cards.
Then you get to change things to make the cards accessible to everyone.
That's where we are now, and there's so much more to tell you.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome congrats

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any autographs or costume cards???

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great news, best of luck with everything.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
The Misfits is a great show! Mainly for a younger crowd I guess.

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Misfits is one of the best shows on tv, and it's about time someone made a set. Congrats on starting up the company, and I can promise you that I will be sending some money your way!

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news for a great show Thumb Up can't wait to hear some more info on what the set will entail.

I'm hoping for autos of the whole main cast including Robert Sheehan (as Nathan), Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (as Curtis), Iwan Rheon (Simon), Lauren Socha (as Kelly), Antonia Thomas (as Alisha) and Joseph Gilgun (as Rudy from S3) and Matthew McNulty (as Seth). And then there are the secondary characters that would be great to have too, like Jessica Brown Findlay (from Downton Abbey fame as Rachel who was a fairly pivotal character), Danny Sapani (as Tony their first probation supervisor), Alex Reid (as Sally another one of their probation supervisors), Craig Parkinson (as Shaun the latest probation supervisor), Kehinde Fadipe (as Melissa) there are so many more I could list.

I can't imagine a quotable sub set for this show would go over to well though Eek Big Grin But a set about the different probation supervisors could be interesting.
As you can see, I'm pretty excited about this set. I had actually started collecting photos to make up my own set but now I don't have to Smile

And truly awesome news to here of more new companies out there getting new licenses for us to collect, especially some British licenses.
Would love a Being Human BBC set, but I know that will probably never happen.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
This is nerve wracking, and the most fun I've ever had, at the same time.

Could not have described it better myself. Big Grin Like riding a roller-coaster and spinning plates at the same time! Welcome to the UK Manufacturer Club! Wave

Posts: 9 | Location: England | Registered: July 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the new company. Never seen Misfits but a link up with Channel 4 has me dreaming of an Inbetweeners set Smile

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't get too hung up on auto or costume/relic cards. I managed to get a quick word with Anthony yesterday and his marketing strategy is going to be different. He was busy at his table and I didn't have time to go back for a detailed chat.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You all have got to get Luther! Please!

Posts: 40 | Location: Tuscaloosa, AL | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any plans or distributors in the US?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post