Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Card Company Announces Its First Series...Misfits The Story So Far
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Card Company Announces Its First Series...Misfits The Story So Far
 Login/Join

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Any plans or distributors in the US?

Yes, the Misfits cards will be available worldwide. We'll be announcing distributors very soon. You'll also be able to buy them from our shiny new site which will launch soon.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone. Just a quick update. The 'Misfits The Story So Far' cards will be at the printers next week (unfortunately we couldn't get them done before the UK Memorabilia show, although we will be having a table there so everyone can see the new designs)
I wanted to take a little time to fully explain the way we will be releasing the cards. As I said in the NSU interview with Harris http://www.nsu-magazine.com/an...ompanys-anthony-lee/ (shameless self promotion Smile )
We wanted to produce a pocket money item that could introduce and include new collectors. What we are doing isn't anything particularly radical, it's just taking the best bits of the hobby, and giving them a new twist.

So firstly the cards will be released as a series of 9-card sets, just like Rittenhouse Archives' 'Star Trek Legends' cards.
Each 9-card set has a 9-card jigsaw puzzle on the front with a great cast shot , and some great photo's from the episode on the back (Just like 'Buffy the Story so Far' set.) The cards will also be available as a 9-card uncut sheet (just like Inkworks) which is limited to 250.

There's a couple of quotable cards, which have strong language. If you are a fan of the show you'll love it. They are some of the funniest lines. We've included a 'Parental Advisory Explicit Content' on each set, so if you don't like strong language, these cards are not for you.

As the show is now in it's fourth series (or season) we are releasing all the Series at the same time. They'll be rolled out sequentially, so the first set is Series 1 ep 1, then Series 2 ep 1, Series 3 ep 1, Series 4 ep 1 and then Series 1 ep 2, and so on.

Each season will be numbered individually, and each card set will have the episode number on each card.

We've added a points total to each card so you can Trade-Up which we'll introduce more fully later.

Then each card has a catalogue number. This shows the order of release. Simples Smile

So, that's the easy bit. Now we are entering new scary territory. Online. Big Grin (Before anyone gets too worried I must stress that no-one dies and this story has a happy ending, and everything in the next section is free and open to all customers.)

When you buy one of our sets whether it's direct from us, or from your favourite retailer, you'll automatically receive free digital versions of the cards which are stored in your very own online album on our website. Then there's Exclusive online cards. We've added a further 10 exclusive digital cards from each episode absolutely free. Each episode now has 18 cards. How's that for coverage?

You'll soon be able to 'share' your album on Facebook and it means you can now carry your collection with you on your smartphone, tablet, or you can just admire them on your PC. All this is free.

So in summary, buy 9 cards, get 19 free online cards. each set includes a cool 9-up of the best photo's, which is available as an uncut sheet.

Are we done? Nah. Smile Come along to Memorabilia and I'll show you more Smile
Or, wait for next weeks exciting episode! Big Grin

Regards,

Anthony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardcollectors uk,

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
When you buy one of our sets whether it's direct from us, or from your favourite retailer, you'll automatically receive free digital versions of the cards which are stored in your very own online album on our website. Then there's Exclusive online cards. We've added a further 10 exclusive digital cards from each episode absolutely free. Each episode now has 18 cards for each episode. How's that for coverage?

You'll soon be able to 'share' your album on Facebook and it means you can now carry your collection with you on your smartphone, tablet, or you can just admire them on your PC. All this is free.

That's a really interesting way of doing things, Anthony. And no, I'm not saying that because Anthony has advertised. Frown It's a great way for a manufacturer to get the word out to those who might not necessarily know that there are Misfits cards. I can see this being popular and other companies doing it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I assume that there will be a standing order option so that no parts get missed. Another opportunity to promote may be to get the stars of the show signing at your table Clap
Looking forward to the "Dinner with Tracy while Anthony does your ironing" redemption card Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Graham,
You can pre-order the cards on our website, although we will be doing a big push just after release to fans of the show, so I anticipate some of the sets moving quickly, although I would say that Smile Unbelievably, the approvals and production process was quicker than anyone expected, so the card will actually be released AHEAD of schedule (is that an industry first??)
Our NSU ad. says Coming January, while the cards are actually released 7th December, as long as there's no production problems.
Signings at shows is something we definitely want to do. I'll post details as that happens.
And I'll check with my wife Tracey about the redemption deal. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Is the site live yet?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Another set I will be purchasing. Haven't watched Misfits but it has been in my Hulu queue for sometime. Better get to it then.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the website is live. It's www.popculturecompany.com or popcultco.com for those who don't have all that time to spend typing Smile
You can pre-order the sets online, and we only charge your credit or debit cards as the sets are released.

posted Hide Post
Here's our stand at the UK Memorabilia Show at the NEC in Birmingham at the end of November. NSU member Graham took a picture too, which had some old bloke in the way Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
That's not true. I photographed some very old bloke Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harsh but fair Smile

posted Hide Post
I've just added some photo's of the Misfits The Story So Far cards in production at the printers on Wednesday to our Facebook page. Enjoy! 'Like' us to get news and updates!
https://www.facebook.com/PopCultCo

posted Hide Post
Hey! Not everyone is on Facebook! Here's the images from my day at the printers watching my first set of cards get printed. Enjoy!
Quality Assurance for the cards

Card Backs for the Misfits cards

Cards being printed

More quality assurance fr the card fronts

That's what 1000 uncut sheets look like. Who else went Brown Tape? Noooooo!!!!!! Smile

9-card images for the card fronts.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Is that a heidelberg 4 or a 6?

I looked at the tape and thought wow that needs more tape lol, of course most of the taped areas will be trimmed off Razz The cards look great Smile

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,
Just put the video up on Facebook for the Misfits cards, interesting Quality Assurance guy talking about getting the colours spot on Smile
https://www.facebook.com/photo...92383&type=2&theater

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Just watched it. It WAS interesting. My first look into that aspect of producing cards... Thanks for sharing it!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill glad you enjoyed it. If you could share it to all your card friends I'd appreciate it.
Just in case they miss this post. Smile

posted Hide Post
They're Here....

Series 1 Episode 1 and Series 2 Episode 1 sets and uncut sheets are available now. You can pre-order our other sets too!

posted Hide Post
We've just added unboxing (or technically un-'pack'- ing) videos of the first 2 sets of Misfits - The Story So Far' to the website, our Facebook page and YouTube. On YouTube just type 'Misfits cards' and all 3 short videos's we've made should come up. Take a look - and let me know what you think!