Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens
 Login/Join

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
After breaking a lot! Several boxes dont contain full sets or foil sets-and in 1 case i found a heritage style card-like the ones from comic con,chrome etc on different stock! Next case nothing!! So not sure how many were done!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just got some of the UK set and the cards are very nice. The base cards are very colourful and the mirror foils and Rainbow foils are very flashy.

There are 10 limited cards that come in various places, the binder, the tins, in the packs and in the multi packs.

There is also an uncut sheet of 6 cards that come in star wars magazine which is on the shelves now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
There is also an uncut sheet of 6 cards that come in star wars magazine which is on the shelves now.

Is this a SW Insider Magazine? What is on the cover?

Edit: I think I found it. Is it "Star Wars Adventures" magazine?

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Is this a SW Insider Magazine? What is on the cover?

Edit: I think I found it. Is it "Star Wars Adventures" magazine?

yes i think that is the one i saw, it comes bagged with lots of other giveaways.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
I picked up a UK retail box last week. The cards are very nice with some good pictures from the original trilogy (and no prequels Smile ).

That's why I like the US set better. All of the films are represented. I'm so sick of the division. It's all Star Wars. I'm 38, so I grew up loving the the original films, but if you ask me now, my favorite is The Phantom Menace. I just wish Topps had handled them all equally. Each of the original trilogy films gets 20 cards, while the prequels are covered in the first 20 cards.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Yay! Found these for sale in Canada! The only place I've found them is at the local dollar store, $1.25 for a pack of 4. No inserts whatsoever... Fine with me, really... finding any NS cards is a rarity in retail here any more :/

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I finally found the Walgreens packs. They're on an endcap dedicated to Star Wars. The good thing about these is that the exclusive card is packaged at the front of the blister, so you know which one you're getting. I picked up the two that had prequel cards (Obi-Wan from The Phantom Menace and Vader from Revenge of the Sith).

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
It turns out that the Walgreens blister packs actually contain three Captions cards - the visible one, and then one in each of the two packs.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Were your packs overloaded too?! I got two blisters with one Walgreen exclusive card and 2 packs.
In each of the 4- 6 card packs I got:
1 base card
1 parallel card Jabba slime
1 sticker
1 concept art insert
1 Walgreen's exclusive Classic Captions
and 1 either power of the first order(Got 2) or different color parallel.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post