Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Just saw this set. Looks like I will need to start saving money now.

Some nice looking cards / autos

http://www.cardboardconnection...r-wars-journey-force

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would literally kill for that Han, Luke and Leia auto acrd... *drool*

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have been saving up to buy as much of the actual Force Awakens set as possible, but I might also grab a box or two of this depending on the autograph lineup. I like the retro design a lot.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can only imagine how expensive that card signed by Hamill, Ford and Fisher will sell for.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The new issue of the Star Wars Insider (#159) has a back cover ad for this set. The release date in the ad is Sep. 4th. The ad doesn't give many details but has a few base card shots and mentions autographs and sketch cards.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's a "Choose Your Destiny" insert set that's exclusive to Target.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any release date set for the Target exclusive?

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:
quote:

Any release date set for the Target exclusive?

Sept 4th, same as Hobby. Sept 4th is when the first wave of Force Awakens products is hitting retail stores. I think they're calling it "Force Friday" and trying to make it a big event for retailers.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I was in my local toys r us last night and there was a giant display with a countdown clock to September 4th.
Looks like they are going to do a giant push like when the phantom menace was released.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I ended up preordering a hobby box and a blaster pack of this, but the sticker shock on that hobby box is still making my head spin. I was also planning on buy four boxes of the actual Force Awakens set, and that won't happen if those are the same $92 price tag per box that these are.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I was also planning on buy four boxes of the actual Force Awakens set, and that won't happen if those are the same $92 price tag per box that these are.

If you're not too concerned about landing "hits" the real FA set will probably be available at a much more affordable price at every retail outfit from here to Timbuktu.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw some card related tweets from Topps Star Wars brand manager over the weekend. Turns out that Walmart, Target and Walgreens each have exclusive inserts for the Journey for the Force Awakens card set. Walmart has "Family Legacy", Target has "Choose Your Destiny" and Walgreens has "Classic Captions". I had no idea Walgreens sold trading cards.

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Toys are Us is supposed to have an exclusive insert set too: Blueprints

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, the regular stickers, readily available in every version, are pretty nice:

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The UK cards look different.

http://www.toppsdirect.com/collections/star-wars.html

http://www.toppsdirect.com/sta...card-collection.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any UK sets for trade, I'd be up for trading. Even if it was sets for autos/costume/sketch.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

At least it has a binder (of sorts) in the UK set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

At least it has a binder (of sorts) in the UK set

I picked up the starter pack and a few packs today. The collector guide was simple but very nicely designed, the limited card was nice too as was the panels for the binder. The actual binder was the generic collection of pages we are used to in the UK.

The packs had 1 mirror foil card per pack, and the odds say the rainbow foils are 1:3 packs. They also mention limited cards at 1:36 packs.

There was also a paper checklist:-
#1-47 Star Wars: A New Hope
#48-96 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
#97-145 Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
#146-160 Star Wars:The Force Awakens
#161-191 Mirror Foil cards
#192-207 Rainbow Foil cards

UPDATE: In a display box you get a full base set, a full mirror foil set(31 different cards), 12 of the 16 Rainbow Foil cards and a 'Limited Edition' card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

UPDATE: In a display box you get a full base set, a full mirror foil set, 13 of the 18 Rainbow Foil cards and a 'Limited Edition' card.

There a 4 of these Limited cards(one per box) plus limited cards in the binder pack and 2 different in the tins

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I picked up a UK retail box last week. The cards are very nice with some good pictures from the original trilogy (and no prequels Smile ).

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post