Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
He said he picked up 3 packs (packages) and had 6 packs of cards. I'm taking it he picked up the 2 count blister packages.

Blister packages should take almost all the pack searchers out of the game. But there will be those that open them to check.

Great pull on the 1:2000 odds.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here the retail packs are just sitting. Price point is a bit high and the value just isn't there with 1:2000 odds.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Got six retail packs of Thor with a purchase from an online vendor.
Auto odds 1:2500 I pulled
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
damn! congrats!
are you flipping it or keeping it for your collection?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This is a keeper! Great actor and director.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!

Wowser! Nice one.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
I hadn't bought packs in a while, but I stopped at my comic book store today, and got 1 pack of Game of Thrones S1 (it was their last pack), one pack of GOT S2, and 5 packs of The Walking Dead S3 P1.

Nothing out of the GOT S2, but... GF-06 and AM7 (Sarah Wayne Callis auto/wardrobe), so, really happy about that.

And now for the best part: GOT S1, Lena Headey autograph!!! I was, and still am, stunned! Especially after seeing the box breakdowns and realizing how very few of hers people pulled. I love my comic book store Big Grin

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Martine:
I hadn't bought packs in a while, but I stopped at my comic book store today, and got 1 pack of Game of Thrones S1 (it was their last pack), one pack of GOT S2, and 5 packs of The Walking Dead S3 P1.

Nothing out of the GOT S2, but... GF-06 and AM7 (Sarah Wayne Callis auto/wardrobe), so, really happy about that.

And now for the best part: GOT S1, Lena Headey autograph!!! I was, and still am, stunned! Especially after seeing the box breakdowns and realizing how very few of hers people pulled. I love my comic book store Big Grin

I hope you ran right out and bought a lottery ticket after that, going for the trifector. You will never top those pulls from two single packs again. Thumb Up

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Holy moley that is unbelievable! Congrats! I'd also take Raven's advice and play the lotto - you are a shoe in!!!

Seriously that is spectacular Martine and I for one am jealous. Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Just yesterday, I was in a Newbury Comics store in Boston and I purchased a mere 4 packs of Breaking Bad cards and 2 packs of Walking Dead cards. I collect neither set, but I had that "itch" and went for it. I got:

TWD Season 3 Pt 1 - M18 Carol costume

and

Breaking Bad A2 - Betsy Brandt

While these might not be the absolute biggest cards of the respective series, I think 2 hits out of 6 packs of cards is pretty darn good, no matter what the pull.

Big Grin

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Fanuel Hall store or the one at Cambridge side Galleria ???

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Newbury St. We didn't end up making it to Faneuil Hall this trip to Boston.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just stopped by my LCS and picked up 2 packs of SOA. One pack was all base. The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Just stopped by my LCS and picked up 2 packs of SOA. One pack was all base. The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

GREAT Pull Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

That's worth 2 elephants. Elephant Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!

Awesome luck! Wow!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW!!! Bouncey

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Got some Star Trek Aliens packs at work yesterday and pulled Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan auto card! Super stoked!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Awesome pull!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Got some Star Trek Aliens packs at work yesterday and pulled Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan auto card! Super stoked!

If I had to choose one autograph from this release, that's it. Congrats. Dance

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

You have the magic touch, Val.