Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Continuing with my Serenity luck, I bought 3 packs yesterday (there were about 8 left) and got the Zoe pieceworks card in the third pack. Smile

Weird, though, is that out of about 10 packs total that I've bought I've got 1 autograph, 1 pieceworks and NO OTHER chase cards. Just lots of base cards!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Just bought 2 packs of Star Trek animated and 4 packs of King Kong (aka Kong, the 8th Wonder of the World).

Results:

Star Trek: Walter Koenig autograph Clap

King Kong: Richard Taylor autograph, and C5 video game creature.

Not bad at all, especially after reading everyone's results with the Star Trek animated autographs... I don't think I've seen a Walter Koenig in the breakdowns yet...

Later Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i learned that one of my local stores does not feel its packs LOL. there was 4 packs of Harry potter :GoF . 4 for 10 dollars, fair price so i bought em. back to back, Film Card 6 and a hermonie pants card!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Picked up 22 Retail packs of WWE Heritage and got:

Batista/JBL Mat card
Rey Mysterio/Eddie Guerrero Mat card with small blood stain
Hillbilly Jim Autograph

Thumb Up

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of matt&katie
posted Hide Post
It's a sports pull but,
2005 diamond kings, fred mcgriff double bat autograph, numbered 1 of 1.

$113 on that auction site.
Using the money on Harry Potter cards.

Cheers!!

Matt

Posts: 142 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Two weeks age I bought 8 packs of Smallville season 4 and got a Erica Durance auto.

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott12:
Two weeks age I bought 8 packs of Smallville season 4 and got a Erica Durance auto.

Nice one Scott! Clap

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
what Chris said Scott Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
Picked up 22 Retail packs of WWE Heritage and got:

Batista/JBL Mat card
Rey Mysterio/Eddie Guerrero Mat card with small blood stain
Hillbilly Jim Autograph

Thumb Up

very nice pulls indeed Mike Clap

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
OK... my turn:

Bought 3 packs of Smallville Season 4 and got:

PW5 - Jason Teague
A27 - Erica Durance!!! Elephant

Bought 2 packs Star Wars ROTS and got:

H2 chase

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice pulls!

Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
You've got a golden hand there, Tim!

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
You picked the right packs Tim Thumb Up

Durance Luv You

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
OK... my turn:

Bought 3 packs of Smallville Season 4 and got:

PW5 - Jason Teague
A27 - Erica Durance!!! Elephant

Bought 2 packs Star Wars ROTS and got:

H2 chase

Hey... that was great! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i have a rule. unless i ordered a case of a product, i want to open a few packs, maybe a box before i decide if i want to work on the set or open a lot of it. I go to this sport card shop which also deals in non sports. I see they have almost nothing left pack wise. Only 4 packs of Star trek Arts/images, few serenity, and a mish mash box of packs from the last 2-3 years that just havent sold. This place is not exactly NS friendly. i bought all of his dusty box for a buck a pack (20 packs) and his last few smallville and star trek packs....he literally now has no more non sport save a box of star trek arts he has sealed. Go to my car, and just start opening. its looking like a bust 16 packs into the dusty old ones, not any inserts at all. Im thinking the shop has been searched. Then i got an autograph from xena brawn , Josephine davison cleopatra autograph. Made me smile. last pack of the old dustys, its a family guy. Autograph A4 pops out , mike henry as clevland. Again, im smiling. Then i go to the smallville. first pack tom welling season 3 flannel shirt! YAY. Im figuring for the 50 i spent, this woulda been a kick @$$ box on its own. Last pack of smallville...Once again, KARA AUTO WOOT! 2nd time ive had her! Im just cheering. I go to open the star trek arts/images quickly, thinking ok im done.only 4 packs. For real, last of the 2. Back to back, A11 Walter Koenig (limited) auto. A16 george takei (very limited) Sulu auto. I havent had a lucky streak in months...this one was one of the best. heck, the last time i had good luck with packs, i posted it here months ago. Now i have a 3rd store (sorta far drive) i can safely buy packs from. That was the best news of all!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratters on your great finds. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday i bought two packs of LOTR: ROTK from WH Smith (of all places) and pulled a Viggo Mortensen / Aragorn auto.

Good use of my lunch break.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good pull from just two packs simon! Clap Welcome to the Card Talk! Big Grin

My luck isn't that good!

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:
Yesterday i bought two packs of LOTR: ROTK from WH Smith (of all places) and pulled a Viggo Mortensen / Aragorn auto.

Congrats...I wish my lunch breaks were as lucky Big Grin

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:

Will you all stop posting haow great your luck is on buying loose packs - it makes me very angry Mad and very JEALOUS Big Grin (p.s. Welcome to card talk Simon Thumb Up)

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post