Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
WOOHOO I FINALLY PULLED MY FIRST GOOD BUFFY/ ANGEL BONUS CARD FROM A PACK

I bought 8 packs of Spike last week and got the James Leary auto. OK so I could've picked one of these cards up cheaper than what the packs cost me but still it was my first good pull from a Buffy/ Angel set

I seem to do well with Star Wars. I only ever buy 2 packs of SW at a time and always either pull a sketch or foil

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
Visited my local card shop today and here's what I can add to one of my favorite threads here at Card Talk:

3 packs of Spike TCS:

Heart & Soul #HS7

7 packs of Charmed Connections:

Under The Spell #SP5
Vanquishing Evil #VE3
Pieceworks- (Alyssa Milano) Phoebe's Dress #PWC7

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Found some packs of X-Files Connections and Army of Darkness, kind of a good/bad result.

The bad- 10 packs of X-files, skunked except for 10 parallel cards

The good- 3 packs of Army of Darkness, 3 autographs- Ian Abercrombie 29/300, Richard Grove 252/300, Bruce Thomas 1286/1550 (all 3 in 1 pack). 1 sketch card, a decent sketch of Ash by someone who signs with an "S" in a square. 1 glow-in-the-dark insert 3 of 6.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Someone came into the shop today and purchased 3 packs of the Fantastic 4 movie cards and got 2 costume cards. Doctor Dooms cloak som number out of 4999 and the Human torch's flight suit some number out of 499. Only suppost to be 1 of these a box.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Actually barobehere as it turns out there's two costume cards per box.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Visited 2 shops today, got 8 Army of Darkness, 3 Playboy 50th Anniv, at one, 5 Army of Darkness and 5 Disney 50th Anniv at the other.Ironic Disney and Playboy are both celebrating 50 years...

Got 1 Haunted Mansion die cut card from Disney
2 Playboy Mansion cards - these can be filled out and sent in for a chance to visit the mansion and have lunch with a Playmate.

from AOD - got 67 out of 72 base cards, 1 Glow in the dark, 1 auto - Bruce Thomas (653/1550)and a Czop sketch of Ash

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Okay, not much going on in this thread this week. Today I went to a 3rd shop with Army of Darkness packs. Still looking for more sketches, and the last couple of base cards I need. I was kind of reluctant to buy any packs, he's asking $3 per pack, and the other two places 12 miles away were asking $2. But, it was hot, didn't want to drive all the way there, so I got 2 packs.

In one pack - three autographs.

Red ink Ian Ambercrombie 183/300
Blue ink Bruce Thomas - 427/575
Purple ink Richard Grove 475/525

Quite a surprise, heard of this happening to others, I'm happy.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Didn't that set have Hot Boxes??? Maybe thats a pack from one Smile

Excellent pulls.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Didn't Dymanic do The Grinch set? there were hot packs in boxes there, with a whole pack of inserts. i think at least one other person in the thread on AOD had found a similar pack.

Anyway, it was an interestin g find for me. Would like to find some of the artist autos as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me right, Dynamic Forces said that there would be (I think) two boxes per case that would be "Hot Boxes" or that had "Hot Packs". Something like that, but there was definately some sort of bonus thing going on.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I had a good day - six packs of SPIKE - I got a KD Aubert Redemption Card. Also got 4 packs of X FILES CONNECTIONS and got a Bruce Harwood auto.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
I had a dream that my mum bought me a pack of Star Wars Heritage and I got the Vader auto and 2 foil cards...haha if only

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Although there's nothing major here, for me, this begged the odds a bit.
Out of three retail packs of Batman Begins,
I pulled:

1 sticker 1:2
1 tattoo 1:4
1 embossed foil 1:8
1 hologram 1:12

Some nice cards, especially the hologram.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
ok, my weekend saw me purchase a SW RotS tin at Target which netted 1 sticker, 1 tattoo and 1 holo, plus the 2 cards you get with the tin, then at a local dealer I bought 3 hobby packs of RotS and got a Morph card! Ok, so its not a huge pull, but it renews my faith in pack purchases, sometimes you get duds, sometimes you kill the odds

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
My luck with pulling sketch cards continues. I think I posted before how I bought 2 packs of Star Wars Heritage and pulled a sketch and a few weeks ago I bought maybe 3 packs of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith and pulled a sketch. Last week the comic shop had Army of Darkness cards £1.99 a pack. I haven't even got a clue what Army of Darkness is but I love opening trading cards and noticed that theres autos and sketches in the series so thought I'd try my luck. I bought 2 packs and got nothing but common cards. So before I left I bought another 2 packs and got one of the Glow cards and a sketch Big Grin

I so wish I had this kind of luck with Buffy cards

-Claire

posted Hide Post
I bought 5 packs of Star Wars ROTS at WalMart and found no stickers, tatoos, embossed... however to my even bigger surprise I pulled a Dan Parsons Obi-Wan Kenobi sketch card.

Posts: 13 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a couple of Revenge of the Site from Forbidden Planet today along with a SW Comic. Didnt expect to get anything but pulled a David Rabbitte, Anakin Sketch. Smile

This is my second SW ROTS sketch from here ! Clap

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I didn't pull this, but my partner did, which is almost as good, right? We got TWO packs of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory today, and pulled a Mr. Salt's Tie costume card - #159/165.
Very exciting. Makes up for the lousy dud Batman Begins box.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffyAngelFan:
I had a dream that my mum bought me a pack of Star Wars Heritage and I got the Vader auto and 2 foil cards...haha if only

-Claire

Well you never know Clare, I asked my mum to pick up some cards when she went into town as she would pass the shop. Five packs of LOTR ROTK yielded the box auto of Theoden (in black I think) so send your mum shopping ! Thumb Up

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought a pack of Batman Begins today at Wal Mart and pulled a hologram.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post