Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Stopped by 4 stores this weekend for Free Comic Book day, bought about 20 packs of Family Guy, Nascar, Spike, and Sith.

From Family Guy: Becky Grutzik sketch of Stewie
Pawtucket Patriot autograph (2 different stores)

Nascar: Jimmie Johnson auto in Gold ink.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 packs of Star Wars ROTS in Toys R Us, Birmingham and pulled a very nice David Rabbitte sketch of JarJar Smile

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Nascar: Jimmie Johnson auto in Gold ink.

Don,
that is one HECK of a pull on the Johnson gold auto. It should be individually numbered out of 50

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Mike, I know it says on the wrapper that gold signatures should be numbered, but mine was not.
The funny thing, I opened up the Nascar packs in the shop, showed them to the dealer, and we both looked at the cards, but it didn't register that it was an auto until 2 hours later, I'm looking at the backs of the cards, and I can't find a number.
I found this one in a pack of Presspass Premium. It's the only gold auto I've ever seen.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Here the Daft sketch I got from a few loose packs.

Not so daft if you consider that it might be half of a twin pair. You just need to find the other !

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It is half of a pair but I'm not going to look for the other one. If I come across it then fine but I can live without it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Not so daft I think - I have the "Mirror Mirror" sketch from TOS35 (by a certain living in a well John Czop Big Grin) that that only shows half of the Mirror Spock's face.
Nice pull anyway!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post

Pretty glad to pull this one.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a certain Card Talk Thread !!!!! Eek

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I'm going to be honest and say that for all the nice cards I remember pulling way back when I also also spent hundreds of pounds pulling absolute dross...

Anyone else pulled some absolute dross? No?

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:

Pretty glad to pull this one.

I would love to trade for that card if you are interested. E-mail me at the address in my profile!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Here the Daft sketch I got from a few loose packs.

I found the other half of this but got outbid at the last while distracted at work.
Oh well.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
I've been looking everywhere for a box of family guy but with no luck, so i bought the last 8 packets my local shop had, i got:
Bad Dog 5
Bad Dog 6
Lori Alan as Voice of Dianne Simmons Auto
And

SK11 358/501 sketch card (Inked peter)

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
Yep, who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad. Bought the last 6 packs of Buffy Season 7 from my local card shop. Pulled:

Slayer's Legacy #SL-1

and

Iyari Limon (Kennedy) Auto #A44

Cool! Now, to go back and buy the last three Spike packs!

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Well another five packs of Sith from Toys R Us in Derby......

A lenticular card, #1 of 2 and the sketch card !!!!!!!

A Hodges sketch of a Clone Scout Trooper. Clap

posted Hide Post
My luck over the years (all these came from buying random packs from open boxes)

Buffy Season 3 - Eliza Dushku
Buffy Reflections - Harry Groener
Buffy Season 7 - D.B. Woodside
Buffy WOS - Tara Figure Redemption

All from the same shop aswell Big Grin

Posts: 46 | Location: Manchester, UK | Registered: May 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

I pulled this out of a £3 pack i bought.

Posts: 8 | Location: UK | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Ksahni, welcome (another UK Card Talker!)
1) you paid £3 for a pack of DS9MOTF?
2) Eek
3) reason for Eek - that is the only card I'm missing from that set
4) the Berman autograph was actually in the pack? I thought (mistakenly, perhaps) that it was a redemption card...

Grrr.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Ksahni, welcome (another UK Card Talker!)

...the Berman autograph was actually in the pack? I thought (mistakenly, perhaps) that it was a redemption card...

Grrr.
Au Res.,
Paul

I believe you're right Paul, the card was only available through redemption. Can't imagine how this one got in a pack. But you never know.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wait wait wait, It was a redemption but just for pictures sake!!! I got an quark auto from the same pack aswell. The pack was about £2.50 or sommat from frbidden planet in manchester.

Posts: 8 | Location: UK | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post