Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
a quality shop the Manchester Forbidden Planet where they didnt radically change the order of the cards when pricing them. I must have cherry picked over 100 boxes from that store. But now I'm a reformed character...

the dross I referred to above largely came from elsewhere...where the pack mixing habits of the sellers were unknown...

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidJohnston:
a quality shop the Manchester Forbidden Planet where they didnt radically change the order of the cards when pricing them. I must have cherry picked over 100 boxes from that store. But now I'm a reformed character...

the dross I referred to above largely came from elsewhere...where the pack mixing habits of the sellers were unknown...

Glad you are reformed as otherwise you might get a Twak Big Grin

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Ksahni,
Ignore me - it was just the Green Envy flowing over me! Well done on an excellent pull - I don't think anyone, even now, is absolutely certain how many of the Bermans there are out there, so you did very well!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My local store got a fresh order in including Battlestar Galactica, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and a fresh box of Family Guy. I couldn't afford too much and wanted some of each so I settled for 5 packs of each to be opened at home so I wouldn't be tempted to get more if I was blanked but it turned out good.

Battlestar Galactica- Alessandro Julian as Lt. Gaeta autograph.

Harry Potter- Prop Card, 191/490

Family Guy- Bad Dog BD2 and Rich Koslowski SK12 418/509 full color Chris sketch.

Very happy with my Family guy pulls, I needed both a Koslowski sketch and a Chris character sketch so I got 2 birds with 1 stone and the BD2 was the last regular insert card I needed to finish the mini-master portion of my Family Guy collection.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
Earlier tonight I was at the local Wal-Mart and bought a pack of American Chopper trading cards. It's been months since they had these cards, and this pack must have been a stray leftover. When I opened the pack I found a Paul Jr. t-shirt card. This is a cool card, and definitely the best $1.97 I've spent in a long time.

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I can't even pull a good card from a full, sealed box delivered to my door Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear these stories....
Sure one day Hammer's luck will change Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Ksahni, welcome (another UK Card Talker!)

...the Berman autograph was actually in the pack? I thought (mistakenly, perhaps) that it was a redemption card...

Grrr.
Au Res.,
Paul

I believe you're right Paul, the card was only available through redemption. Can't imagine how this one got in a pack. But you never know.

Can't have pulled that card form a pack ,that's a scan from my beauuutiful,lloooverly INFORMATIONAL website Wink (as in don't come there to buy stuff, they aren't for sale!)

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Whilst picking up my copy of the new NSU, the store owner pointed towards the newly opened box of RA's Battlestar Gallactica "Only just been opened" he said, "I don't know if you're interested?"
I randomly pulled out two packs, as it my habit.

In one of them was the CC1 "From The Archives" card - a nice piece of red material as worn by 'Number Six'
Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
p.s. if anyone else gets one, check out the back...
Au Res.,
Paul

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
p.s. if anyone else gets one, check out the back...
Au Res.,
Paul

I must be blind... I don't see anything wrong or strange on the back. Confused

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Nevermind... just saw it. Big Grin

And they all have it. Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Nevermind... just saw it. Big Grin

And they all have it. Razz

Whats wrong with them???
I don't collect Battlestar or watch it, but im intrigued!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
yes please clue us that do not have any BG costumes inserts as to what is special about the backs Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Nothing really big just a typo...
They say,

Congratulations
This card cantains an
authentic piece of
Battlestar Galactica
Costume Material

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Cantains ?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Just received my guaranteed pack from the auction site of LOTR CHrome and got the FArimir auto !!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I bought a blister pack of Topps ROTS at Wal Mart today and out of two packs I pulled,

Stickers x2
Hologram x1
Lenticular Morph x1

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Two packs of Harry Potter POA: M08 foil card.
Four packs of Charmed Connections: Nothing!
Four packs of Xena Art&Images: 1 UK Artifex card (Callisto) and 2 Portraits of a Warrior.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I bought 6 or 7 packs of Attack of the Clones Widevision from Forbidden Planet on Saturday, £1 each, and I got the Amy Allen as Aayla Secura auto card Smile

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post