Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found a store that had a bunch of random packs of various Buffy sets, so I bought three packs of Big Bads and pulled this beauty:

A nice surprise! Also pulled Jennifer Halley's auto from 5 packs of Battlestar Galactica. Not a bad shopping trip! Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
Went to my local card store after seeing the X-Files movie (which was pretty good, IMO) and bought 6 packs of Heroes Vol. 2. Pulled two sketch cards -

a) Ken Branch - Peter Petrilli image
b) Giallya - Monica Dawson image

Not sure if that is the correct name on the last one. Both are cool sketches. Sorry no scans. Does anybody know that odds for each of the artists?

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the local shop yesterday and bought the last ten packs of Star Wars Clone Wars and pulled this

I have had such bad luck recently this was a very pleasant surprise.

Posts: 31 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
Went to the local shop yesterday and bought the last ten packs of Star Wars Clone Wars and pulled this

Hell of a pull! Are you keeping it or flipping it?

I have had such bad luck recently this was a very pleasant surprise.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Grabbed 4 random packs from each side of the box and opened em-

In Search Of puzzle piece #S-1

Wanting To Believe #WB-1

Adam Godley as Father Ybarra

Quite possibly the coolest costume card Ill ever pull-

PW-12 Piece of F.B.I. Jacket worn by Amanda Peet as Agent Whitney

Nice swatch of the B in F.B.I. on the jacket!

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
HIM - Jacket swatch is great. Check out the BINs on the Peet variant cards, and I havn't seen this type yet.

Congrats!

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
woah!
damn, congrats! I'm sure that would fetch a few pennies! Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Dang..just checked...early on they didnt break 100.00..now a all yellow swatch is at 137.00 with time to go and one ended 3 days ago solid yellow for 179.00....If only I could get these kinda hits outta Heroes Id be happy..needless to say I know where this card is now headed lol.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:

PW-12 Piece of F.B.I. Jacket worn by Amanda Peet as Agent Whitney[/b]

Nice swatch of the B in F.B.I. on the jacket!

Sweet frijoles... that's a really awesome card. Eek

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Thanks...if I had this kinda luck with Heroes, Id be a happy camper. Already had an offer for 190.00 for it.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Thanks...if I had this kinda luck with Heroes, Id be a happy camper. Already had an offer for 190.00 for it.

I'm not surprised... Big Grin It's a beauty of a variation. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
One word...Awesome Thumb Up

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 10 packs of Playboy Lingerie 100th Issue cards and got:

I also got one 'Unpublished' insert (U-2). I hope it's OK that I posted the pictures. I covered what I thought I had to cover.

xman25

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryan Cracknell,

Posts: 58 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Hi xman25,

As with your box break I had to remove the images as they are still pretty risque for Card Talk as they didn't leave much to the imagination.

Thanks!
Ryan

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Hit the local Target after Mass today and they were loaded with nonsport cards.
I bought 9 packs of Donruss Americana II, 10 packs of Marvel Masterpieces 2, and 10 packs of Clone Wars.

The Americana cards are attractive and I won't mind putting a base set of these together. Out of 9 packs, the only insert was a PROOF 010/100 of George Bush.

The Marvel cards yielded 0 inserts and I definitely prefer sets where one artist does the artwork for the base set. The various styles seem to clash, so I won't be bothering with a set of these.

I struck gold with the Clone Wars cards. No, I didn't luck out and pull a Staggs sketch, but out of 10 packs, I did get 8 inserts. Motion Card 4 of 5, Foils 3 of 10 and 10 of 10, Three Red Cels and Two White Cels.

They also had Blaster Boxes of Clone Wars and the new WWE product. Lots of other nonsport as well, both in boxes and packs.

Just a heads-up to other Target shoppers. In my store they have cards in two different locations. There is a section for cards up by the registers and then back in the toy section they had a section for cards, mostly game cards, but I did see some Clone Wars clam shells.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Arvin-

I've been hitting the target lately too, FYI, you are better off with the Americana Blaster boxes (if you can find them), you get 7 or 8 packs per blaster (I think the box indicates there are 5 packs, but every blaster I've opened has had more than that), and you get one 'hit' per blaster -- mostly costume cards, but I did find one autograph. . . I've opened around 5 blasters and only one was a dud with no costume or autograph.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com:
Hey Arvin-

I've been hitting the target lately too, FYI, you are better off with the Americana Blaster boxes (if you can find them), you get 7 or 8 packs per blaster (I think the box indicates there are 5 packs, but every blaster I've opened has had more than that), and you get one 'hit' per blaster -- mostly costume cards, but I did find one autograph. . . I've opened around 5 blasters and only one was a dud with no costume or autograph.

Jon

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't notice any Americana boxes, but to be honest I really didn't look that hard, especially after I saw the Clone Wars material that I had been looking for these past weeks. I almost bought several boxes along with my Clone Wars packs, but decided to try the Americana and MM2 just for the heck of it.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I bought 5 packs of The Complete Star Trek Deep Space Nine and pulled the following:

A8 - William Sadler as 'Sloan'
A15 - Nicole de Boer as 'Ezri Dax'
B19, B25
S4

Big Grin

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls rwn410!

My question is: Where did you find 5 packs to buy, as it's hard to get a box of this at a reasonable price?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I bought 5 packs of The Complete Star Trek Deep Space Nine and pulled the following:

A8 - William Sadler as 'Sloan'
A15 - Nicole de Boer as 'Ezri Dax'
B19, B25
S4

Big Grin
Where'd you get those from??? Excellent pulls Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post