Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I dont know why, i just love LOTR evolution. Ive probably now had like 250 sketchs. its one of the few sets that was tuff that i ever built. Its to the point now, that i find myself asking "should i buy this new product at X ammount of dollars, or should i just put that all into another evolution box?". I dont need the sketchs, indeed i move most of them after finishing the set. I just love opening this product. its goofy.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a load of packets of Trek Season 7 from that site not expecting much and pulled 5 autographs and two holograms including Riker and Data's autograph. Well pleased.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This isn't my best of finds, but I bought three packs of Battlestar Galactica Season 2 and I pulled a Billy Keikeya costume card which was the one costume I really wanted and hadn't pulled yet! Clap Thumb Up

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Thumb Up

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
It's been a while but my local card/comic shop got a bunch of stuff in so I tried my luck sampling.

24- 5 packs- foil card PZ1

Smallville- 5 packs- foil card TR.6

Stargate Atlantis- 3 packs- Warriors in Action W1

Hellboy- 6 packs- D6,D7,D9,H5,H6 (I think I got every insert in the box except the sketch in those 6 packs. lol)

Battlestar Galactica- 10 packs- R2,R3,R5, W5, T3

Definitely beat the odds on inserts even if I didn't pull a single AUTO/COSTUME/SKETCH. On the other hand, I did buy a handfull of sportscard packs to round things out, 2 packs of SPX Hockey and 2 packs of Full Court Basketball and got these:

I spent over $100 on packs today but that Malkin Redemption is worth around $250 so that covers the packs I got and the box of Complete Avengers I snagged on EBAY today with a little left over. A good day today for opening packs. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 24 packs from various shops of Anialator and got all 4 Lenticular cards Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
4 packs of WWE Heritage II

Only insert is a Melina autograph card. Smile

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 3 packs of Anhialator and got a lenticular and 2 Super rare Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 random packs of Inkworks cards today, and pulled the PW4 pieceworks from Smallville S3.

Was fairly pleased with the pieceworks when I first saw it, but after looking over the back of the card, it has some ulgy looking air bubble things going across it, grr.

Not sure how to go about replacing it, but will do eventually.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Bought 3 random packs of Inkworks cards today, and pulled the PW4 pieceworks from Smallville S3.

Was fairly pleased with the pieceworks when I first saw it, but after looking over the back of the card, it has some ulgy looking air bubble things going across it, grr.

Not sure how to go about replacing it, but will do eventually.

Send an email to info@inkworks.com. Address it to Sue, and be nice. Describe your purchase and your pleasure with pulling one of their PW cards from a pack. Describe the bubbles on the back, and kindly ask if there is anything that Inkworks can do about it. I bet you are pleased with the response you get.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
just bought 6 packs of supernatural from a local dealer and got the julie benz pieceworks. its lovely with a gorgeous pic of her Smile

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
On a whim, bought two packs of BenchWarmer cards... first pack, 5 commons. Second pack, 4 commons and...

Gold Foil Dual auto of the Costello twins, numbered 4/50! By the way, the card is numbered 1 of 20 (both of them in black bikinis)... the 4/50 is written on the front next to the sigs, and Julie signed her first and last name.

I don't collect these, so it will almost certainly end up on my trade list... but I was still very pleased!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tsmeltzer,

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Great pull on the BW autograph.

I noticed that you are in Rockville. I live in Northern VA. Can you recommend any good non-sports card shops in the DC area?

Thanks,
Craig

quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
On a whim, bought two packs of BenchWarmer cards... first pack, 5 commons. Second pack, 4 commons and...

Dual auto of the Costello twins, numbered 4/50! By the way, the card is numbered 1 of 20 (both of them in black bikinis)... the 4/50 is written on the front next to the sigs, and Julie signed her first and last name.

I don't collect these, so it will almost certainly end up on my trade list... but I was still very pleased!

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
The ONLY ones I know of are in Gaithersburg and Frederick... both Beyond Comics.... and they are spotty at best getting new cards (they split one box of BSG Season 2, got none of VM Season 2, no Buffy Memories). Thankfully, the sets I REALLY want, I buy a case from someplace I can't name here (email me if you are interested). Sorry I couldn't be more help... I wish there were more shops that carried NS cards in the area.

Going to Portland OR in May and St Louis MO in June/July, so I will look there.

alternate email:

Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
I took a chance on 15 loose packs of Fleer Ultra Spider-man 1997, eBay BIN for a steap 75$.

I was pleasantly surprised to rip out one of these! (Odds were 1:288 packs).

I have it in my website with a "For Trade" tag, in case anybody's interested. It's definately a pretty unique piece, you don't see too many nice looking Sketchagraphs of Rhino.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prenz,

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the dealer i get my cases from always puts in a few loose packs - in wtih veronica mars

in the vintage sci fi and horror pack i got a sketch card - MY FIRST EVER! by Travis walton- flying discmen form mars!!

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Great finds everyone! That's a pretty nice looking Rhino sketch up there too Wink Nice pull!

quote:
Send an email to info@inkworks.com. Address it to Sue, and be nice. Describe your purchase and your pleasure with pulling one of their PW cards from a pack. Describe the bubbles on the back, and kindly ask if there is anything that Inkworks can do about it. I bet you are pleased with the response you get.

Thanks for the help! Big Grin I e-mailed them a few days ago (With a pic of the damaged card for good measure) and they're going to replace it for me. Thanks again.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Great finds everyone! That's a pretty nice looking Rhino sketch up there too Wink Nice pull!

quote:

Thanks for the help! Big Grin I e-mailed them a few days ago (With a pic of the damaged card for good measure) and they're going to replace it for me. Thanks again.

Happy to hear that they took such good care of you! Not surprised (since they have done some amazing things for me in the past). Another customer service kudo for Inkworks!

alternate email:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought a bunch of Veronica Mars packs(practically an entire box) and the highlights were A16: Kristin Cavallari as Kylie Marker and
PW-1: Veronica Mars' vest.

One box for OTB day is still waiting for me to open it.....

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post