Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I think Whoopi might have been easily my best pull from a pack EVER. Smile

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I walked into Hot Topic last week looking for a gift, and saw an open box of the new Supernatural cards. I was feeling nostalgic (I miss card collecting, and I miss the good old days of my Supernatural addiction), and they were buy-one-get-one-50%-off, so I picked up four packs. Ended up with a Jeffrey Dean Morgan autograph. Big Grin Not only a great pull, but an actor I love, too!

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ariana:
I walked into Hot Topic last week looking for a gift, and saw an open box of the new Supernatural cards. I was feeling nostalgic (I miss card collecting, and I miss the good old days of my Supernatural addiction), and they were buy-one-get-one-50%-off, so I picked up four packs. Ended up with a Jeffrey Dean Morgan autograph. Big Grin Not only a great pull, but an actor I love, too!

That is a spectacular pull Ariana. Best auto in the set as far as I am concerned.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I just picked up four packs of the James Bond 2014 Archives cards, and in the last pack I opened, I pulled the Roger Moore full bleed from "The Man With the Golden Gun." Very pleased with this pull. Still looking for the Daniel Craig, but this will help me be satisfied for quite a while.... Big Grin

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Nice pull, Will.
My local shop has been getting box after box of James Bond 2014 and Star Trek Aliens, so I have been getting packs every few days.
Last Saturday I bought 5 packs Aliens, and NOTHING! All base cards.
Today I went back, got 4 packs, pulled a Gold Card, Aliens Ships Card, and 2 Very Limited autos, Cari Shayne and James Horan.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Got x 20 packs of Buffy Men of Sunnydale and pulled a few chase cards:

DK1, DK2, DK6, DK8 & WA-6. Happy with that. Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
I love buying loose packs !!

Several years, I bought 4 packs of "James Bond In Motion" : in every pack, I found a lenticular chase card JB !

The same year (I think), I bought 1 pack of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and 1 pack of "HP and the Chamber of Secrets" : I found 1 puzzle card for Sorcerer's Stone and... an Harry costume card (C1) for CoS !! Elephant I was so happy !!

My latest finds :

- 20 packs of "Lost Season 2" and 3 chase cards : puzzle cards ?-4, ?-5 and B-3.

- 18 packs of "Charmed Conversations" :
4 chase cards T-5, T-6, CM-3, CM-4 and a costume card PWCC6 Elder Zola variant Tan. Clap

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Very nice finds and good pulls piperh33 congrats!

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I have occasionally had some luck with loose packs. It's really hit or miss.

I had a surprise in a loose pack earlier this year. I was in a store that had three packs of Big Bag Theory Seasons 3 and 4. I bought them, and I pulled a redemption card for an oversized wardrobe card containing pieces from the Ladies of BBT. Unfortunately, the card expired October 31, 2014 and Cryptozoic won't redeem it.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still buy loose packs when they're available. That's how I finished my set of chromiums from the first Star Wars Widevision set back in '95 - got the last two I needed when I bought the last few packs in the box.

I just bought a pack of Picard. It contained just base cards but the comic shop owner had told me months ago that he was trying to get rid of cards. It appears he changed his mind so I will be back to try my luck again.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Boston was one of my stops on vacation last week. I bought six loose packs of Women of Star Trek Art and Images in a store in Boston. I pulled three autographs and a sketch card! The autographs were Estee Chandler, Pamela Winslow and Ashley Judd! The sketch was of Valeris by Kevin Graham. I was shocked at what I pulled from those packs.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, four hits out of six loose packs! Somebody must have misunderstood the part about searching. Big Grin

Congrats, that was an exceptional haul. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's great. I usually buy a pack of something when I stop at a local comic store. It's been a while since I've pulled a hit of any kind but it's bound to happen again.

Was it a comic book store or some other collectibles shop?

quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
Boston was one of my stops on vacation last week. I bought six loose packs of Women of Star Trek Art and Images in a store in Boston. I pulled three autographs and a sketch card! The autographs were Estee Chandler, Pamela Winslow and Ashley Judd! The sketch was of Valeris by Kevin Graham. I was shocked at what I pulled from those packs.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

It was Newbury Comics in downtown Boston.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Buy a lottery ticket -- quick!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I did it again. I bought 6 packs of Big Bang Theory Season 6 & 7 cards on Saturday. I pulled two autographs (Brian Posehn as Bert BP2 and Ryan Cartwright as Cole RC1) and a prop card, M12. I am having better luck with loose packs than I did with the last two Star Wars releases.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, I’m going to have Rittenhouse send my cases to you first, let you bless them with your good fortune, and then pay to have them shipped to me. Awesome Awesome Awesome, Mr. Curler. Clap

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
I did it again. I bought 6 packs of Big Bang Theory Season 6 & 7 cards on Saturday. I pulled two autographs (Brian Posehn as Bert BP2 and Ryan Cartwright as Cole RC1) and a prop card, M12. I am having better luck with loose packs than I did with the last two Star Wars releases.

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up You are really lucky with loose packs ! Congrats Curler ! Metal

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post