Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I bet you are. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Just went into FB to buy some 9 pocket pages and with the £2 change i bought a pack of Indy Heritage...and found Michael Byrne (Vogel) auto card!! Bouncey Metal thats my buy/find of the year so far Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few packs last night and pulled the PW16 Tom Lenk as Andrew pieceworks card from Buffy Memories...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Five packs of Women of Marvel today from my local comic shop-

E5- Cyclops and Emma Frost

S11- Psylocke

and

a Michael Jason Paz sketch of Emma Frost- it is GORGEOUS- once Rittenhouse posts his stuff, I will show you which one it is. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just bought 2 packets from a box of heroes at my local forbidden planet and pulled a very nice jon ocampo sketch of the city of manhattean exploding into flames ,loads of colour and detail i was over joyed.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great finds.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Bought the rest of the Hellboy Sword of Storms cards at work and got this out of the second pack:

Beautiful sketch! It's #189/241

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Great sketch Bob

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSI Dave:
Great sketch Bob

Thanks! I think it's actually about the nicest sketch I've ever pulled from a pack.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
Bought the rest of the Hellboy Sword of Storms cards at work and got this out of the second pack:

Beautiful sketch! It's #189/241

-Bob-
That's a really great sketch by CC. Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
That's a really great sketch by CC.

Thanks! It looks even nicer in person as there are a lot of subtleties in the colors that got kind of washed out in the scan.

-Bob-

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought two packs of Women of Marvel today and pulled an unsigned sketch of Rogue- one of the four characters I had wanted to pull- I found the picture on the Rittenhouse Archives site and it is a Jim Kyle! Smile

I'm definitely pleased.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Val.. I'm so jealous!!! Rogue was one of the characters I was hoping to get when I ordered my two boxes.

I was hoping to get Rogue, Psylocke, Elektra, Ms. Marvel or Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix.

Instead I pulled 'Shanna' and I think 'Jubilee'. They are very well done but they're just not the ones I wanted.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Bought two packs of Women of Marvel today and pulled an unsigned sketch of Rogue- one of the four characters I had wanted to pull- I found the picture on the Rittenhouse Archives site and it is a Jim Kyle! Smile
I'm definitely pleased.
Val

GREAT PULL Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Bought two packs of Indiana Jones Heritage today. Opened the first pack and could see a white card edge showing. It was another gold parrallel. happy to get another one.

Then opened the second pack - and a white card edge is showing again! Take them out and look at the backs first - Congratulations! it says, I've found a rare 1/1 sketch card!

Now I have been inducted into the Brotherhood of the Screaming Monkey...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats Val! Don....not so much. At least the sketch is worth the investment (of the 1 pack anyway) Roll Eyes

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
On my way to see Iron Man I visited my local shop and picked up a couple of boxes of WOM (breakdowns posted in the WOM breakdown thread) but on a whim I grabbed a couple of packs of SP Authentic hockey (ok, not non-sports but I did get those packs only because I was there buying non-sports Wink). Anyone here who happens to collect hockey will know just how lucky a pull this is, an Alexander Ovechkin Rookie Review autograph patch card 072/100 (autograph is on card, not a sticker).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Did you make it to the movie after that pull? Big Grin

Congratulations. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post