Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Firefly- F7, B5 and A-6 (another Sean Maher autograph, sigh)

Can't believe you're sad about an autograph pull...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Firefly- F7, B5 and A-6 (another Sean Maher autograph, sigh)

Can't believe you're sad about an autograph pull...

Not really sad, maybe a bit annoyed that I got the same auto twice. With more total autos than there are boxes in a case the odds of getting a duplicate from just 2 boxes must be slim, assuming that the boxes they got came from the same case (even if they are from different cases it's still a 1:11 chance). Ah well, I just managed to win a Christina Hendricks to go with the Jewel Staite I won last week which are really the only 2 I wanted anyways so I'm happy.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I wish I could give a sigh about an auto pull from an open box. Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Made another stop and this time they had x-men 3 in, I got the auto in the first 4 packs, almost disappointing as I budgeted enough for about 12 packs. Razz

4 packs- 1 Wolverine insert W7 and 1 auto, Aaron Stanford as Pyro (at least it's someone who had decent screen time).

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't the excitement of maybe getting something really cool what it's all about when you buy packs?!?! I remember (many moons ago) going to the local 7-eleven with my friend to get a coke and 2 or 3 Wacky Packs just to see what we would get and who got the "best" one that time. I think that is what started my whole "card junkie" thing. Pack buying from Target helped me finish my current King Kong collection (I do have all of those silly flocked cards now, thank you very much), and I will continue to buy packs just because it helps cure the card itch every once in a while.

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: March 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zerosev
posted Hide Post
I had a traumatizing experience myself. I went to a not so local card shop (only one in the area that had hobbie packs) spent $40 on random packs and didn't even get a common chase card. Went back for more punishment the next week and did the same thing... I'm a glutten. I think the next time I go back I will buy a box of something... X 3 maybe =)
I wish my Harry potter would come in and the Star wars better not be late! I got the itch...

Posts: 101 | Location: SLZ | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
This a while ago, But I purchased some packs of Catwoman in my local Forbidden Planet were they'd already opened some packs and had found the auto redemption card for Lambert Wilson. They said if I gave back one the packs I could the one with redemption instead. So I got a auto for £1.99.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got 5 packs of Superman Returns and 10 packs of X-Men The Last Stand from my comic shop yesterday.

Superman yielded one of foil cards.
X-Men yielded a Miller Iceman sketch card along with a Wolverine card and a Casting Call card.

I'm pretty happy. Big Grin

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Cheers.
Now the question is, do I try my luck the remaining packs on Saturday? And there will be packs remaining if history is anything to go by.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
On a whim, I got four or five American Idol packs cheap. Not sure why, but did pretty well. Got a Leah LaBelle autograph and a Matthew Rogers costume card. Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, don't watch the show, but if there is a chance at getting an autograph card, I am interested! Big Grin

PS You could even call the costume card a variant as it is a striped shirt with four or five different colors on the fabric swatch.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Thanks all, don't watch the show, but if there is a chance at getting an autograph card, I am interested! Big Grin

PS You could even call the costume card a variant as it is a striped shirt with four or five different colors on the fabric swatch.

I have some autos only because of the actor/s and not becuse of the series they signed.
Daniel J. Travanti & Arte Johnson from Lost In Space come to mind.Never watched LIS at all.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
One pack of X-Men 3 yesterday turned out an Art and Images. Smile

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 packs of Family Guy Season 2 and pulled a Pawtucket Patriot sketch. I don't have it handy and I can't remember who did the sketch, but it was full color and very nice.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Been a while since i had a single pack pull, bought 3 packs out of a nearly empty box, 2nd pack, pulled this really beautiful card. Im not a huge fan of the show charmed, but i really like how many colors and all the silver foil in the piece. Pretty variant i would say.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I have been buying packs over the course of 3 weeks out a box of X-Men: The Last Stand from my local comic store. Buying 3-4 packs each of my 3 visits over that time. I had not pulled an insert out of the 12 packs until today. I pulled a Sean Pence sketch of Cyclops. Looks awesome! I'll try to get it scanned and posted by mid-week.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 packs of Superman Returns (last remaining), 10 packs (plus 2 thrown in free) of Star Trek 40th Ann. and 5 packs of X-Men The Last Stand. The owner also threw in the BT3 box topper from Star Trek 40th Ann.

X-Men - base cards only
Superman - Kitty Kowalski zebra dress costume card + 1 foil card
Star Trek - Quark costume card and 2 Artifex cards.

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Not much new in the local card shop when I stopped by but they did have some Wizard of Oz so I bought 3 packs. Got 1 insert numbered TD3 and this full color sketch by Ray Dillon.

-Goethe

posted Hide Post
got to be happy with this. i just got my case of veronica mars delivered today. great seller threw in 7 odd packs of cards as a bonus and hows this i got a harry potter poa george costume card and a charlie and the choc factory triple dazzle caramel prop card.

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was pretty happy (esp since i got kirsten bell auto in my case)
just have to not think about it when carl goes " this case costr how much??"

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post