Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
OK, I've been in a drought lately when I buy loose packs. However, yesterday there was a brand new shiny LOST box at the comic store, and I got 9 packs. I pulled a Shannon auto redemption Clap

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I hope you take it with good Grace. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
I recently bought some loose packs from a Buffy Men of Sunnydale box which had just been opened and got PW3 Giles's Shirt pieceworks.

I remember months ago i got some loose packs of the Terminator 2 Filmcarz and got the Linda Hamilton auto card!

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
That's great Jane,congrats Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gotham_Knight:
I recently bought some loose packs from a Buffy Men of Sunnydale box which had just been opened and got PW3 Giles's Shirt pieceworks.

I remember months ago i got some loose packs of the Terminator 2 Filmcarz and got the Linda Hamilton auto card!

That's way cool on getting the Hamilton auto,nice Cool

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
A few moths ago i saw a box of Buffy MOS just sitting in my local comic shop. Usually i don't buy Buffy (this was my 1st EVER pack of any Buffy series) so i picked one at random, got home and pulled a Tom Lenk auto! I was over the moon. Then in another store i picked up 2 packs of Angels season 2 and pulled AH1! I've tried other card sets but only got base cards. Recently got Star Wars ROS and pulled a chrome outta 5 packs. Got 5 packs of Lost and pulled M1. Gonna try Alias next...

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Not huge but I bought 6 packs of The 3 Stooges today, didn't get a sketch or costume card but I did get 4 inserts:

Shemp, the original 3rd Stooge- SS-4 (1:40)
The Curly Years- CY-4, CY-7 (1:40)
Stooge Milestones- SM-3 (1:160)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats on all those nice pulls card talkers!!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
i bought 3 packs of Smallville season 4 through the week and got A28 Margot Kidder auto.

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Stopped by a local comic store while on some honey doooo errands. Came across 6-packs of Star Wars ROTS. I asked the owner if the sketch card had been pulled and he didn't know. After agreeing on a reduced retail price for the 6, I opened the 1st pack and pulled a nice General G. sketch card from Fabbri.

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I finally have something to post in this thread! No local comic store for me so I don't come across loose packs often, but I got 3 packs of family guy from Hot Topic the other day and pulled a bad dog card and a Moreno sketch of Stewie. Not bad...

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I opened six packs of Topps WWE Heritage today and pulled,

2 stickers (Batista, Angle)
Triple H 2 color shirt card Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Bought 5 more packs of Serenity cards and got the Gina Torres autograph! Once again I got NO OTHER bonus cards so my streak is still going! I plan on buying some more this weekend so we'll see what happens.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, this is my first post after lurking on the boards for months. I had a really lucky day today, and I thought that I would share it.

I bought 3 packs of Smallville season 4 and I got a Switchcraft card (SW4), a Lois and Clark card (LC5), and the Erica Durance auto card!

I pressed my luck and got four packs of the Serenity card set and I got the Inara Pieceworks and the Sean Maher auto!

Anyways, I thought that I would use my first post to share the news of my good fortune!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
Well, this is my first post after lurking on the boards for months. I had a really lucky day today, and I thought that I would share it.

I bought 3 packs of Smallville season 4 and I got a Switchcraft card (SW4), a Lois and Clark card (LC5), and the Erica Durance auto card!

I pressed my luck and got four packs of the Serenity card set and I got the Inara Pieceworks and the Sean Maher auto!

Anyways, I thought that I would use my first post to share the news of my good fortune!

great way to introduce yourself here Thumb Up

Congrats on the Durance auto,and welcome aboard here,have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk. Your luck is alot better than mine. Congrats on the great pulls. Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Boy has it been a long dry spell for card since Serenity (well, for my preferences anyway) so I ended up buying 6 packs of the new Battlestar Galactic Colonial Warriors and did fairly well:

1 expansion set card #181 (1:8 packs)
1 Artifex card S7 (1:40 packs)
1 Autograph card Sarah Rush A18 (1:40 packs)

I gotta say I really like that Artifex card.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Bought a pack of X-Files Season 8 off the shelf last night.... Got an Adam Baldwin auto!!!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
got 4 packs into MoS partial box today, 2nd marc bLucas auto....cant stand the lowercase B, its pretty obvious his born name was marcus B. Lucas , and SAG rules made him take that name cause some other marc lucas...at least i hope so, otherwise thats a messed up name, lol.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of luck for me and my Hand lately - until I popped in to my local and found the last couple of packs of Serenity - and pulled a PW5 Kaylee Pieceworks card!
Of course, no sooner did I buy the packs than a new box was put out, but I didn't want to take a chance so soon after pulling that card!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post