Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Smile Great pulls. I have had weird luck with half empty boxes sometime- I know I once bought the last 4 packs of Buffy Season 7 and got the Chao-Ahn autograph.

No packs for me this week...Frown

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Went by a shop to get some supplies and he told me that they had opened another box of DC Legacy for a show and that half of it was gone and nobody snagged the sketch so I opened 5 packs and in the 5th pack I got this-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HIM,

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to the shop I had pulled the Supernatural Season 2 A9 from, and noticed he still had the same box there, with only a few packs left. I bought two packs on the off-chance the pieceworks still hadn't been pulled, and pulled a redemption for PW-16. Smile It was one of four cards I still needed for my master set, so I was very pleased. Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice, well done on your finds. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone, great catches

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I can't beleive some of the cards people find from just buying odd packs, you're all lucky over here there is just nothing. Forbidden planet in Leeds odd Star Trek and buffy packs - but not a fan and...well thats it! the only place i get my cards from these days (not inc net) are from the fair in Leeds...but thats only once every 2 - 3 months Frown

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
you have shops, we don't have anything in Belgium.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyUK:
I can't beleive some of the cards people find from just buying odd packs, you're all lucky over here there is just nothing.

That's not strictly true. I've had quite a bit of success from open boxes (check out page 29 of this thread), some of which were from Forbidden Planet stores(London,Cambridge & Birmingham - I've not been to the Leeds branch). I got an Honor Blackman auto & a fab Mike Lilly Yoda sketch this year to name but 2. I have to say I've had a lot of misses, but I've got cards & wrappers for sets that I would never have bought full boxes of. Picked up 11 packs of Halo cards today, and will open them later. It doesn't matter if the cards aren't great, I'm looking forward to opening them nonetheless.

If I do get something great however, I'll let you all know.

UPDATED: No sketch card, but a really nice set - got 70 of the 90 card base set, 3 foil cards, & 2 embossed foils. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justm,

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Liverpool's FP only sells games cards and stickers now.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Same shop Ive pulled my Dc legacy sketches.

After a horrid run of luck with a few football boxes, I had to get some supplies and they had a opened box of MM. I usually stand there and open pack by pack till I get the hit. Usually it took 5 packs or more but this time I got it on the 2nd pack-

Not my cup of tea but Ill live lol.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
great pulls, everyone Thumb Up

Great early Christmas presents Wink

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
You jammy sod! Smile tomorrow i'm going to go into Forbidden planet and buy several packs of what they have (Buff & Star Trek last time i went in) & see if i can pull anything amazing-i doubt it but it'll be fun to find out! lol

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
OMG OMG OMG! yesterday i said i would just do into forbidden planet and buy some random cards (see above) i bought:
Buffy 10th anniversary x2 = Nothing Frown
The quotable star trek deep space 9 x1 = DSN3 - but i couldn't tell you how rare or good it was
and
Lost season 3 x3 = ...my first auto!!!! i'm well chuffed!! it's Blake Bashoff as Karl! now i don't watch the show or know anything about him but i'm just over the moon to get him! lol
Bouncey

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lost season 3 x3 = ...my first auto!!!! i'm well chuffed!! it's Blake Bashoff as Karl! now i don't watch the show or know anything about him but i'm just over the moon to get him! lol
Bouncey

Congrats! His character is one of my favorites, and I was really happy to hear that he would be signing!

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Karl

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My comic store that only gets one or two non sport boxes at a time had some Marvel out, untouched! I grabbed the middle 5 packs and got this:

Don't know who it is, but I got a sketch at least! AND some foils I didn't get in my other boxes.

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I've just bought 3 packs of golden compass cards and found 3 chase cards!! Smile 1 of them is a redemption card though Frown for Lyra's arctic coat and the other 2 where LW4 - Lyra's world lenticular and TT3 - truth teller lenticular, so all in all not bad, i just wish it was the actual costume card instead of a redemption.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've just bought 3 packs of golden compass cards and found 3 chase cards!! Smile 1 of them is a redemption card though Frown for Lyra's arctic coat and the other 2 where LW4 - Lyra's world lenticular and TT3 - truth teller lenticular, so all in all not bad, i just wish it was the actual costume card instead of a redemption.

It was too thick for pack insertion.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My local shop had lots of new stuff in when I went there today so I sampled a bit of everything.

AVP 2- 6 packs, 1 Cooney Predator sketch
Marvel Masterpieces- 12 packs, 1 Grant Gould Colossus(?) sketch.
Elvis- 2 packs, 1 Elvis worn pajamas card 64/99

They had some new hockey cards in so I couldn't resist a few of those too.
Black Diamond hockey- 4 packs, 1 Alexander Ovechkin autograph card.
Might as well add in the 2 packs of Complete Avengers a seller added with my DC Legacy Black Canary sketch I bought- 2 packs yielded a Warren Martineck sketch of Baron Zemo.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
these are incredibly pulls

A belgian hiphop group