Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I was a bit confused for a moment!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
A bit confusing for a second,but I'll be alright. Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Thanks! I was a bit confused for a moment!

Sorry about that. I guess I was thinking of variant as in 'different pw card as a whole' not variant as in 'different pw from the original'.

I never knew that it could get so confusing. I'll be more careful next time.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
I purchased 36 Charmed Forever packs on ebay a few weeks ago and I got 2 complete base sets (me being so nice I gave one to my sis) and a few extra commons, Legacy: L6, L7, L8, Forever Family: FF5, FF6, And They Lived Happily Ever After: LH1.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
I purchased 36 Charmed Forever packs on ebay a few weeks ago and I got 2 complete base sets (me being so nice I gave one to my sis) and a few extra commons, Legacy: L6, L7, L8, Forever Family: FF5, FF6, And They Lived Happily Ever After: LH1.

Congratulations on your success here, but isn't this an e-bay find, or did you just purchase 36 loose packs from an online store?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My daughter came home yesterday with 5 packs of High School Musical that she picked up at Target.
She ended up with 1 glitter sticker, 1 felt sticker and a costume card with a piece of Troy's uniform that Zac Efron wore in the 2nd movie. I had to hurry and put it in a top loader before she drooled all over it! Drool Needless to say, she was quite thrilled!

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I bet your daughter was thrilled Greg!

My children are a bit young for this sort of thing, but I suppose it's only a matter of time.
At least I hope so. Wink

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
Went into my local card shop last Friday and picked up the last four packs of Serenity that they had. Pulled the redemption card for the Chiwetel Ejidfor auto. It's a pretty good pick-up considering the Serenity autos hardly show up on Ebay. Cool!

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferrerstuff:
Went into my local card shop last Friday and picked up the last four packs of Serenity that they had. Pulled the redemption card for the Chiwetel Ejidfor auto. It's a pretty good pick-up considering the Serenity autos hardly show up on Ebay. Cool!

ferrerstuff

That's a great result. Just got into Firefly & Serenity myself recently & trying to get a collection together & know how hard it is to get those autos. Well done. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:

ferrerstuff

You seem to have great luck with pack pulled autos Wink

Congrats!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
You seem to have great luck with pack pulled autos Wink

Congrats!

Thanks! Come to think of it, I have been pretty lucky pulling some cool autos. From loose packs Iv'e gotten Elisha Dushku, Evil Trio, Holly Marie Combs/Brian Krause, Emma Caulfield and Tia Carrere (baseball packs). Knock on wood!! Hope the luck doesn't run out!!

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Eek a Holly Marie Combs/Brian Krause auto??

I'm glad for you, of course, but I'm also very envious of you!

I knew about the Dushku but the double auto? You are surrounded by lucky charms!!

Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charmedmad:
brilliant pulls there congratulations.

Again, thanks! It's cool to know that I can go to my local card shop and not worry that the box of packs were cherry picked before they are put out to sell. They may not carry everything non-sports but every time I buy packs I know there's a chance of pulling an auto or pieceworks card. That's why I keep giving them repeat business. Also, totally forgot to mention that I pulled an Allison Mack auto from loose packs! DUH!!

ferrerstuff

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Again, thanks! It's cool to know that I can go to my local card shop and not worry that the box of packs were cherry picked before they are put out to sell. They may not carry everything non-sports but every time I buy packs I know there's a chance of pulling an auto or pieceworks card. That's why I keep giving them repeat business. Also, totally forgot to mention that I pulled an Allison Mack auto from loose packs! DUH!!

ferrerstuff

Okay, that does it. I'm moving to your hometown. lol

New Card Talk Member
Picture of ianyoshio
posted Hide Post
At the San Diego Comic Con I bought five packs of Buffy season 6 from the Inkworks booth for my wife and when she opened the she received a Sam Finn (Ivana Milicevic)auto card!

And I was at my local shop and bought the rest of a box (maybe 10 packs) of Supernatural Season 1 cards and got a Sam Winchester auto card Clap!!! and a Sam Winchester P3 Pieceworks card Metal

Posts: 4 | Location: Livermore, CA | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk! Wave Great Finds!! Elephant

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pulls ianyoshio! And welcome Wavey.

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Congrats ianyoshio! Thumb Up Incredibly rare odds that you'd pull both the Sam auto card and Sam Pieceworks together from an opened box! Eek

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed ianyoshio!

Your first 2 post's both show you've had some great successes with your cards.

Congratulations on taking the plunge & joining in!

Welcome to Card Talk! Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
quote:
quote:

ferrerstuff

Okay, that does it. I'm moving to your hometown. lol

I'm following you Hollypop.... Big Grin