Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I was already thrilled that I had the Katie Cook in the first pack I opened, then when I opened the other pack, I was soooo happy. (I am also INCREDIBLY tempted to try and get one of each of the 49 characters used in the set.)

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Val... I would love to see pics of your sketch cards if possible. I've been a huge fan of Zatanna ever since I can remeber!

Congrats on such great pulls! Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the local comic shop. I bought 1 pack @ $4.49 from the DC Legacy set and pulled a Jeff Welborn sketch of Captain Cold. I just got base cards from the 4 Halo packs that I purchased.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prospect5k,

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I was just in Texas and found a comic store so I had to pop in and see if I could find some cards. They had a bin with packs of complete Avengers so I bought all 24 packs that they had and pulled a Ray Dillon sketch card along with some inserts.

Any idea who the character is?

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketch cards!

I'm starting to get jealous again lol.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok I have a DC Legacy Sketch obsession now apparently.....I bought more packs today in the hopes of getting a sketch. 2 from my usual place and 5 at the place that always seems to give me bonus cards. My usual place yielded just base cards but I do think there is another sketch in there because it looked like they added another box's contents. The other place I bought packs at two different times, the first three I yielded gave me a Famous Covers Wonder Woman card(which I have), while the last two(bought hours later), gave me a SKETCH!

YAY!

I got a Mark McHaley Mr. Freeze in the pack, it is really cool and I sooo wish I had a scanner, I am going to see if it is posted on the Scoundrel board and let you know if I see it there.

SKETCHES!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
nice finds everyone

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
really nice sketch. Smile

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
I was just in Texas and found a comic store so I had to pop in and see if I could find some cards. They had a bin with packs of complete Avengers so I bought all 24 packs that they had and pulled a Ray Dillon sketch card along with some inserts.

Any idea who the character is?

The Reaper after a really bad loss? Confused

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/3/38/Grim_Reaper_001.jpg

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
8 packs of Halo. 2 Halo foils and this! Big Grin

Davide Fabbri

2 packs of DC Legacy. This! Metal

Rich Molinelli

Both are available Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tsmeltzer,

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats,
I'm interested but I will contact you after I receive my 2 boxes, hopefully I will have them this week.

A belgian hiphop group

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hit the local shop hoping they had some DC Legacy in (they did). Bought a sealed box (breakdown in the box breakdown section) and 10 loose packs. Also bought 2 packs of Halo.

From the DC Legacy packs I got Lenticular L5 and Alex Ross AR7
From Halo 1 sketch:

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
nice finds

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got more packs (10) today from a different store-

got a Miller Supergirl sketch, more gold parallels, and two cover cards.

Big Grin

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Bought the last 13 packs of DC Legacy from a box and got-

and-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Nice finds HIM Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
WOW!
Nice finds HIM Smile

Thanks! I dont think Ill stop till I get me a Batman sketch card.

A guy in the shop offered me 70.00 for the sketch but I wasnt sure of the print run. I guess looking at it all now I should have taken it and ran lol.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post