Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Jammy & sod come to mind Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Pulled a Deuce auto from 10 packs of Topps WWE Heritage 3 today at the local shop.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My son and I opened 2 packs of Marvel Masterpieces and 2 packs of Star Trek Complete movies.
Pulled the Rogue X-men foil insert and a nightcrawler X-men insert

Star trek pulled
A24 Autograph Card
David Gautreaux "Commander Branch"
in ST: The Motion Picture

Not bad.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Picked up 3 packs of Marvel Masterpeices - I don't really collect Marvel cards, but wanted to see what they looked like.
Got the sketch, although I haven't pinned down who the artist is or who the woman on the card is, but a nice sketch anyway.

Then, on the way home stopped by another shop, picked up 3 packs of Nascar Press Pass. Got an auto from Mark Martin, and in the 3rd pack, a 1/1 Gold Foil Burning Rubber card.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Took my two Nephews to the local shop this evening and bought them both each four packs of Topps WWE Heritage 3.

My younger Nephew who is eight opened his second pack and pulled a Trevor Murdoch autograph Thumb Up To make my other Nephew feel better, I told them they would have to share it since he didn't get anything from his packs.

I bought three packs from the same box for myself and got a John Cena relic/shirt card.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a comic and sports card shop that is on the FAR end of town since I was in the area. They usually carry a little non-sport stuff but it's always full retail for boxes (84-90) so I don't get many. They had a open box of Marvel Masterpieces with 12 packs left. So I couldn't resist. I actually pulled the sketch! I was floored to say the least!

In a total ironic twist, they had 2 sealed boxes for a good price so I picked those up too. 1 of those boxes? No sketch. Twak So I will be contacting UD to see if they'll help me on this!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats on pulling that sketch. It looks very nice.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
I stopped at a comic and sports card shop that is on the FAR end of town since I was in the area. They usually carry a little non-sport stuff but it's always full retail for boxes (84-90) so I don't get many. They had a open box of Marvel Masterpieces with 12 packs left. So I couldn't resist. I actually pulled the sketch! I was floored to say the least!

In a total ironic twist, they had 2 sealed boxes for a good price so I picked those up too. 1 of those boxes? No sketch. Twak So I will be contacting UD to see if they'll help me on this!

Irony has a way of creeping up behind you and biting you in the butt! You still got your sketches though, you just got them both a different way! Smile Congrats!

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi people,
I'm new on the site, and wanted to know if there are people here collecting CCGs (or TCGs), or you only collect non-playable non-sport collectible cards. You all seem to talk about these latter kind of cards and I'm more interested in card games.

Thanks a lot.

Posts: 11 | Location: Sevilla | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Hi Dwarfy, it is pretty much 99% non sports cards here, with a tiny tiny amount of talk on TCGs & sports cards.

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Well this is probably my biggest pull ever!
I bought four packs of lost season 3 from my local FP and nearly dropped dead when I pulled the redemption for the autographed propwork! Eek
This is the card I wanted most from any set so far and I cant believe I have managed to pull it out of a four pack purchase! Bouncey

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Pat
Awesome pull JTH says Hi and he is coloured GREEN

Posts: 20 | Location: under the cherry tree | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Patrick,
Well done - and you made it to 1000 posts as well!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats Patrick.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
I bought four packs of lost season 3 from my local FP and nearly dropped dead when I pulled the redemption for the autographed propwork! Eek
This is the card I wanted most from any set so far and I cant believe I have managed to pull it out of a four pack purchase! Bouncey

Pat, Congrats on a great pull!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Well done Pat !

Congratulations on your eye-popping jaw-dropping luck.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Pat,

Congrats on the great pull as well as your new shiny silver coat!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your find. Clap

Luck of the Irish?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:

That's a ridiculously awesome find, congratulations! I'm not a fan of Lost, but this card even struck me as a great find for anyone lucky enough to get one. Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
you probably can't get it any cheaper, congrats.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post