Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
lol,i thought it was solar, man of the atom at first...but this is marvel so...

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome pull, congrats Thumb Up

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I bought the last 2 packs of Alien Predator Requiem (actually bought 1 and the owner found another pack in the box as he was about to chuck it out and gave it to me for free) and got the A-10 Ian Whyte auto.

I also got 2 piecework cards from one pack when I bought 4 packs from the same box a couple of weeks back.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
I bought the last 19 packs of Star Wars 30th Anniversary from a comics book shop^. I got 1 red parallel card, 3 blue parallel cards Smile, 18 tryptich cards Thumb Up and finally this:

Dance Elephant Needless to say, I was happy even if I don't collect sketch.

You'd be lucky to pull any sketch, but to get one of such good quality is fanatastic - congrats!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bealay:
I grabbed some Marvel Masterpieces 2007 packs in FP today, and pulled this:

Not sure who the artist or even character are.
The character is GRAVITY. He had a mini series and then died in the mini series BEYOND.
QUOTE]

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
I bought the last 19 packs of Star Wars 30th Anniversary from a comics book shop^. I got 1 red parallel card, 3 blue parallel cards Smile, 18 tryptich cards Thumb Up and finally this:

Dance Elephant Needless to say, I was happy even if I don't collect sketch.

You'd be lucky to pull any sketch, but to get one of such good quality is fanatastic - congrats!

Eek Thats a fantastic sketch, what a great pull!

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Just bought 2 packs of Harry Potter & TOOTP, 2 packs of Lost season 3 and 2 packs of Star Wars 30th.
Found "Ties to the Island" #5 which is pretty cool nothing from Star Wars and Jim McManus a.k.a Aberforth Dumbledor auto card Smile which i'm very pleased with. Thats my second auto pulled from a single pack Clap

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, neat!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
15 packs of ST:TOS 2-

Barbar Luna as Lt. Marlena Moreau in Mirror Mirror

Barbara Baldavin as Ensign Martine in Turnabout Intruder

Also decided to take a chance on the last 7 packs of a box of The Complete Avengers and pulled this-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up The Mockingbird sketch rocks!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
pulled this out of a two pack purchace (my first ever sketch!)

and this from four packs

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Stopped by my local shop and they had all sorts of goodies since the last time I was there and I went a wee bit overboard buying packs. Here are the more interesting results:

20 packs Marvel Masterpieces- Chad Hurd sketch of Nightcrawler
9 packs Indiana Jones Heritage- Howard Shum sketch of Indiana Jones. Also got a parallel of the checklist, 007/500
6 Packs of LOTR Masterpieces II- Colleen Doran sketch of ??
6 packs of Star Trek 40th- Majel Barrett autograph as computer voice A155 (Very Limited)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Four great pulls in your 41 packs there Incarnadine.

Congratulations!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
wow incarnadine! you can't ask for better pulls on those odds! congrats man!

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I bought about 10 leftover Spider-Man 3 packs and got a Bruce Campbell autograph! It was a little dinged, but I'm very happy.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
The shop I got my Indy Heritage box from today had less than half a box of LOTR Evolution so while I was waiting I started ripping packs and on pack 9 I got this-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Especially since it looks like a very rare Saruman sketch!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone, some great pulls here.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just picked up 10 packs of Star Trek 40th Anniversary II cards, and got the following:

Portraits - PT28 Mark Lenard
1967 Expansion - 95 Lt. Kelso
Autographs - A149 Barbara Baldavin and
A161 Grace Lee Whitney Thumb Up

Felt good to pull a very limited autograph in a random pack from an opened box....

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Last night I bought just 5 packs of Lost Season 3 and I pulled...

PWA-1 Andrew Divoff Autograph Pieceworks
and
PW6 Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Pieceworks

I am verry pleased!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post