Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome Pulls HIM
Nicely done Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Diff store and 10 packs later-

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Four packs at my usual store yesterday, bought at different times:

L3- Wonder Woman lenticular.

Sketch of The Golden Age Cheetah by Tom Hodges. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
All picked today:

Spiderman 3: One Pack- S1 Sandman card (Watched the DVD last night,great movie)

Star Wars 30th: One pack- Red Foil #59

Buffy 10th: Three packs- F1

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
nice sketch

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
More loose pack fun.

2 pack of Halo- 1 Jake Myler sketch.

14 packs Elvis: The Music- Wertheimer Negatives WN-3 and Mary Ann Mobley autograph.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
cool halo sketch

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hmm...well, I have no virtual idea of what this is worth, but since it's my first sketch card ever, I thought it was pretty cool. Smile

3 packs of Star Wars 30th - Justin Chung sketch card

It's the first one in the puzzle set. My scanner's not working or I'd use that, lol.

~Ariana

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
that's very nice. I hope you find the other half.

A belgian hiphop group

posted Hide Post
I know buying loose packs is great.Just one tip,never buy loose packs off of ebay.It is so obvious that people just search the box until they find that great card and than put the rest of the packs up for sale.But buying loose packs from an opened box that a dealer is selling is alright.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's funny because the store I bought the three packs of SW cards from is notorious for picking out the best cards and selling the rest of the packs after. I almost never buy cards from them for just that reason. When I pulled the sketch, I so wanted to go shove it under their noses...I refrained, but barely. I would never buy loose packs off eBay, that's just askign for trouble!

~Ariana

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine1:
I know buying loose packs is great.Just one tip,never buy loose packs off of ebay.It is so obvious that people just search the box until they find that great card and than put the rest of the packs up for sale.But buying loose packs from an opened box that a dealer is selling is alright.

Not always the case- I managed to pull a John Ritter autograph out of Buffy season 2 packs I got off eBay in 2002. Of course, the autos were harder to find back then, so it would be harder to cherry pick them.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got impatient waiting for my case and boxes of Supernatural cards. So I went to my local comic shop (never pulled ANYTHING good from these people) and bought five packs to see what the base cards were like. And on my last pack, this was hiding in the middle...

Not my favorite brother, but OMG!!!!!!!!!! I was shaking. And my boyfriend claims I shrieked a couple times. The luck I've had the past two weeks has been unbelievable, but I've never pulled a card this good from so few packs, from something I actually collect.

On a much smaller scale, yesterday I bought four packs of Transformers out of the blue and pulled one of the memorbilia cards and three foil inserts.

~Ariana

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Congrats Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ariana wow congrats

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
that's a great pull. Your one lucky guy.

A belgian hiphop group

Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
Eek a nice bargain pull Big Grin

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ariana. I love to see fellow fans getting the top cards Thumb Up

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
that's a great pull. Your one lucky guy.

Or one lucky girl, as the case may be. Wink

Thanks everyone! I'm still a little in shock, but it's starting to wear off now. Now I'm back to being impatient for my real boxes. Razz

~Ariana

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn't really payed attention to the gender.

A belgian hiphop group