Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hit the LCS and bought a mix of sports and non sports. For non sports got 8 packs James Bond and 6 packs 2007 Sports Illustrated swimsuit.

Kind of disappointing Bond autos (I always seem to pull the guys for some reason).

And the hit of the day (and why I prefer non sport autos to sports autosRazz) Bar Rafaeli autograph:

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As a lapsed card collector I decided to buy a discounted box of the New Avengers by Strictly Ink off ebay this week as I was on holiday and was bored. Last pack was the Patrick Macnee Steed auto. Now I may be forced to buy more cards.
Eek

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done, i have some of the chase cards for that set if you need any.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's just the Joanna Lumley auto I'm looking for. Thumb Up

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
I went to Target today and decided to grab 2 packs of Indiana Jones Masterpieces. I'm glad I did, since the 2nd pack contained a sketch card by Brian Denham. Very nice looking. Too bad they didn't have any SWG4 packs to try my luck on. Loose packs definitely can brind good finds.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batjay:
I went to Target today and decided to grab 2 packs of Indiana Jones Masterpieces. I'm glad I did, since the 2nd pack contained a sketch card by Brian Denham. Very nice looking. Too bad they didn't have any SWG4 packs to try my luck on. Loose packs definitely can brind good finds.

Wow... congratualtions. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidJohnston:
As a lapsed card collector I decided to buy a discounted box of the New Avengers by Strictly Ink off ebay this week as I was on holiday and was bored. Last pack was the Patrick Macnee Steed auto. Now I may be forced to buy more cards.
Eek

Oh man... I'm burning with envy! Drool

Congratulations!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had some fun this weekend... My local collectibles shop put out a bunch of old packs, I guess they were leftovers from the last few years that didn't sell. They had them bundled in groups of 10, selling for $5 to $10 per bundle, so you do the math there. I picked up a bunch of Star Trek packs, some Riddick, Xena Arts and Images, Scorpion King, AVP, Highlander, Bond Dangerous Liasions and a couple of grab bag bundles... I pulled a Xena sketch by Czop and a Riddick Auto card by Karl Urban. Of course I also pulled a cool assortment of "regular" chase cards. Most cards with foil or embossing make me happy. One of the Highlander cards with a film frame was pretty cool.
So, overall, I was happy with my $30 worth of random packs. They have a few more bundles up there which I wanted to research before picking up, just to see if it could be worth my while. They have some Shrek 2, which I believe offered sketch and autos by redemption only, unfortunately. They also have some It's a Wonderful Life and Final Fantasy cards. It's hard to pass on, or feel guilty about, buying random new cards when they are less than a buck a pack, so I'm sure I'll swing by and pick up the rest of those some time this week.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My local card shop had another box in so I started buying packs and 10 packs in I pulled a sketch by Chris Warner. I'm guessing he didn't do very many, noe are listed on ebay or have ended recently and sketchcollectors only show 5 from MM2 and none from MM3.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great finds incarnadine Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went by a comic book store and picked up some James Bond packs. 14 Archives and 17 In Motion.

Archives gave me:
Limited

In Motion gave me:
Very Limited

Wish I could have got another hit or two out of the packs, but still good pulls.

xman25

Posts: 58 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I was at my local comic book store for Free Comic Book Day and bought three packs of Star Wars Galaxy 4. Got this nice sketch --

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I finally had some luck after a long dry spell. I bought 4 packs of Wolverine from my comic shop on Friday and pulled a Steven Miller/Deadpool sketch.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice find Erick. Thumb Up

Congrats to everyone else that is pulling stuff from loose packs. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was at my local comic store and saw some packs of the new Star Trek movie release. I got four packs and pulled a Sulu costume card CC4!

Then, today I received three packs of Marvel Masterpieces, series two in the package with some box purchases that I made today from an internet dealer. In one of the packs was a Doctor Doom costume card! I was pretty happy- I haven't got something out of a pack purchase in awhile, and I got those packs for free!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Bought 7 packs of Terminator:Salvation and got the T-600 foil and a Jada Grace auto card. Best part the packs were priced 99p each.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought 6 packs of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen cards at Target and pulled a Charles Adler as Starscream autograph card.

I was excited when I read the odds were 1:91 and more excited when I looked at completed auctions on the 'bay and saw that one ended for $205! Eek

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I seem to do better on odd sets that I open a few packs out of curiosity than when I bust multiple boxes of stuff I really like.

Today I bought 4 packs of Playboy Lingerie Chest and pulled a Sandra Hubby autograph card (no scan of this one, definitely not family safe Razz)

and...

Angel Boris autograph Material card, 1:720 packs! Drool

-Goethe

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I seem to do better on odd sets that I open a few packs out of curiosity than when I bust multiple boxes of stuff I really like.

Today I bought 4 packs of Playboy Lingerie Chest and pulled a Sandra Hubby autograph card (no scan of this one, definitely not family safe Razz)

and...

Angel Boris autograph Material card, 1:720 packs! Drool

Dang... they took the clothes off her back to make the card!!! Eek

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found a new card store in East San Diego County that I decided to try out after buying some boxes from them online. Among their inventory was $1 packs for a lot of non-sport releases. I bought 5 packs of TNG Quotable in the hopes of getting a TV Guide card and I ended up pulling:

A Jonathan Frankes as Commander William Riker Autograph! Smile Big Grin Metal

I was super happy to get the auto for basically $5! I'm also pretty happy because I never bull any of the bridge crew from Star trek releases, and I have been wanting a Quotable style autograph because I like the design, and I finally got both of those in one pull!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post