Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Did you make it to the movie after that pull? Big Grin

Congratulations. Thumb Up

Yup (awesome movie!). This card will pay for many many non sports cards. Big Grin

I listed it on ebay tonight and it barely lasted 5 minutes. I had it $379.95 BIN OBO with auto accept any offer $300 or more and it was snapped up for $335. Sportscards really are like playing the lottery, but with worse odds, lol, but you gotta win something eventually. Razz

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Grabbed 6 packs of Iron Man:

2 Costumes!: Tony Stark's Shirt & Jim Rhode's Jeans
Inserts: H6, AR6 & CC1

I think I pretty well!
All are up for trade

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Did you make it to the movie after that pull? Big Grin

Congratulations. Thumb Up

Yup (awesome movie!). This card will pay for many many non sports cards. Big Grin

I listed it on ebay tonight and it barely lasted 5 minutes. I had it $379.95 BIN OBO with auto accept any offer $300 or more and it was snapped up for $335. Sportscards really are like playing the lottery, but with worse odds, lol, but you gotta win something eventually. Razz

Wow... congratulations!

Imagine how many skull sketches you could get for that! Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
Grabbed 6 packs of Iron Man:

2 Costumes!: Tony Stark's Shirt & Jim Rhode's Jeans
Inserts: H6, AR6 & CC1

I think I pretty well!
All are up for trade

Dude, you cherry picked that box! Eek

Wink Just kidding...congratulations Chris. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 random packs from a half box of Iron Man. First two packs - commons. Third pack....

Wait for it...

Wait...

Robert Downey Jr. Autograph!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND... it was not only his sig, but he wrote "2008" below it. I have looked around and most that I have seen have only his sig, so I believe it is a variant!!!

I am way beyond pleased.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
That's great- congrats on the Downey Jr.

I bought six packs of Women of Marvel and two packs of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull today and got:

S2: Black Widow and a Brian Kong sketch card of Blink from the WOM

and

Parallel Card #65- #311/350 and an Andrew Divoff autograph card.

Pretty good day for cards for me. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Bought 3 random packs from a half box of Iron Man. First two packs - commons. Third pack....

Wait for it...

Wait...

Robert Downey Jr. Autograph!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND... it was not only his sig, but he wrote "2008" below it. I have looked around and most that I have seen have only his sig, so I believe it is a variant!!!

I am way beyond pleased.

Eek

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Congratulations Tim!!! Clap Clap Clap

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats everyone!

lol, redemption, it must be luck.
The lady that works there must be my good luck charm for loose packs Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got this from a 4-pack purchase on my way home from work today:

Really happy about this one. Smile I've pulled a few various sketches from this set, and this is by far my favorite pull so far.

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice surprise from 4 packs. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the greatest find ever but I found an open box of Hobby edition Indiana Jones Heritage cards in my local K-mart, which I never knew even sold any cards. Anyway I thought to myself, seeing as this is Topps, if the big hit cards would be in the same place as all my Heroes ones had been in my case. So I bought 5 packs and sure enough, I pulled the George Harris auto. Seeing as many people were getting dud boxes, I thought this wasn't bad at allSmile Even though I have NO clue who this bloke is or what Indy movie he was inSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang I'm jealous!

I've gotten about 15 packs of KOTCS and I've come up almost completely empty. But that's part of the chase.

Posts: 19 | Location: Va, USA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Well done Ariana - that's a nice Dave Fox you pulled there!

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even though I have NO clue who this bloke is or what Indy movie he was in

George Harris on iMDb was in Raiders of The Lost Ark (as Katanga - the captain of the cargo ship)
Most of his work has been on British TV, though he was in Layer Cake, Flash Gordon (the 1980 movie), 1 episode of Highlander, Black Hawk Down and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought 5 packs of Indiana Jones and the KOTC today and got a foil #10 and a Ray Winstone autograph card-

I seem to be doing OK with this set, with the exception that I jumped on a Karen Allen auto too soon on eBay and ended up pulling one myself.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My trip to the comic shop today netted me this...

Dance

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
nice pence! what a good looking card- congrats igman!

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Nice pull igman7!!

how many packs did it take?

did the clerk look at you funny when you started dancing?

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post