Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I randomly bought seven packs of X2: X-Men United cards around a fortnight ago, and pulled a Colossus auto. Was quite pleased.

Congrats! Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
hooray Clap

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I randomly bought seven packs of X2: X-Men United cards around a fortnight ago, and pulled a Colossus auto. Was quite pleased.

I'll bet you were!
And well done too to meatwagon - nice pulls there.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scifimom and Quaint1.

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Went to a shop yesterday that was clearing out non sports packs and they had 3 packs of lost season 2 for 2.00 a pop so I bought all three and pulled a auto redemption for
L. Scott Caldwell as Rose Henderson. Cant say I know who she is but I wont argue a redemption!

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Well, i had a good pull, sorta. I found a store that had literally dusty old packs of star trek for 50 cents a pack, i bought the 10 packs i could find that had autographs in them. half way through , i saw an autograph...sorta. I pulled a autograph redemption for Avery Brooks, Captain Sisko. almost 1/2 of the packs had inserts, and it was a lot of fun, but i just wish it had not been a redemption. oh well.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Talk about a deal.Very cool finds. Cool

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just bought 4 packs of supernatural and pulled PW10 - kats sweater. Such a buzz to get one out of a pack!

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stu_H
posted Hide Post
Bought 4 packs of Terminator 3 cards off ebay. Pulled C1 and C3 (Chrome cards), not bad for a couple of quid

Posts: 68 | Location: Norwich | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a shop where I could buy loose packs. I have to buy boxes to get anything.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Had a VERY happy surprise today buying packs at a comic book/sports card shop that had some non sport as well. Bought some lost, some superman returns, and some LOTR evolution packs they had left from a while back. No inserts in lost. no inserts in Serenity. Luck started turning around in Superman returns, pulled a sam huntington auto. Then, saving the Evolution for last, pulled a Level B Parallel Sam Card, A legolas Stained glass, and really busted the odds by hitting a very nice dennis budd sketch of boromir, shortprint level D out of 200!

YAY!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Congrats zhamlau, that's great luck! Thumb Up

Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Nice one!!! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great finds

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great pulls everybody

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Stopped by my local comic/card shop tonight, and got a couple packs each of Godzilla, Complete Avengers, Harry Potter/Chamber of Secrets, and SG Atlantis Season 2. I also got the Hellboy Animated BL2, they had just opened the box. Nothing exceptional in Godzilla and Avengers, however...

Pulled the C8 Lucius Malfoy costume (520/640) and....... drum roll please........ Torri Higginson's auto Elephant Elephant Elephant

Talk about great pulls! I feel gooooood Thumb Up

Later everyone Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
Had a VERY happy surprise today buying packs at a comic book/sports card shop that had some non sport as well. Bought some lost, some superman returns, and some LOTR evolution packs they had left from a while back. No inserts in lost. no inserts in Serenity. Luck started turning around in Superman returns, pulled a sam huntington auto. Then, saving the Evolution for last, pulled a Level B Parallel Sam Card, A legolas Stained glass, and really busted the odds by hitting a very nice dennis budd sketch of boromir, shortprint level D out of 200!

YAY!

I think cards gravitate to those collectors who appreciate them most. In your case Zhamlau its LOTR. Big Grin

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome pulls Martine. Thumb Up